100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FlyAway;1462985 wrote: She's come to the end of the Internet!
    :H:H:H

Comment

Kuya/Byrdie, I say that oxygen mask thing frequently, I agree.

Saying NO is important, saying YES to our highest priority tasks I think is also important, including taking care of ourselves. YES is what gives us meaning in our lives.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Fly!!!:H:H:H

Now THAT was funny!!
        I thought of something else...(I'm thinking ALL the time!!) I was going thru the Tool Box yesterday and I swear, everything you would possibly wonder about getting/staying sober is there, but it is a bit cumbersome with odd posts here and there as if it were 'just a thread' of conversation. I wonder if the Forum Gods could clean it up a bit. I also wish we could comment on the post on that post instead of having our comments appear at the end of the thread...It never hurts to ask...Ima suggest these things to the Forum and see if I get anything....B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

I just want to mention that if I was still drinking I would not have offered to watch my 3 grandkids today while my kids go enjoy their cousin's wedding

Being AF for nearly four years has been such a blessing in so many ways
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;1463785 wrote: I just want to mention that if I was still drinking I would not have offered to watch my 3 grandkids today while my kids go enjoy their cousin's wedding

Being AF for nearly four years has been such a blessing in so many ways
            Lav ...... Do you think there may come a time when you stop coming here because it is 'time' and if so, why? And if not, why not?

So many long term sober pop in very briefly, and some say remaining here long term risks their sobriety due to relapse talk.

At just less than six months I feel this place is vital but whether at some point I should 'fly solo' , at least for some time.

Comment

Hi Kuya,
              You know we are on the same schedule. I've also been having that thought that 6 months might be a target for backing away. So would I go cold turkey? Try tapering? Do I need meds? Maybe a support forum for those addicted to forums?
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam;1463962 wrote: Hi Kuya,
                You know we are on the same schedule. I've also been having that thought that 6 months might be a target for backing away. So would I go cold turkey? Try tapering? Do I need meds? Maybe a support forum for those addicted to forums?
                :H:H:H:H:H:H

Comment

You know what Kuya & Sunbeam?
                  I have thought, more than once that I should back off & try flying solo BUT then I think why should I??
                  I have finally found a place where I am comfortable & feel supported & understood. Why should I want or have to leave this behind?

I really do not do much talking about this stuff in my real world because I find it just makes others feel awkward. I don't think they understand what all of us already know & have experienced first hand SO this virtual world has become a very important tool & part of my life. I live in a rural area & there really is no one around to talk to anyway. Trust me when I say most of you know me better than any friends or even realtives

One more thing......
                  If I can do or say anything to help someone else along on their journey then all the better
                  I say stick around......unless you get totally sick & tired of us!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sunbeam and Kuya, I'm also nearing 6 months and I too have had the same thoughts. I have been away a bit but I do miss the friendships here. Lav has some good points (when does she ever not
                    :notes:
                    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

[QUOTE=nurdl;1464087]Sunbeam and Kuya, I'm also nearing 6 months and I too have had the same thoughts. I have been away a bit but I do miss the friendships here. Lav has some good points (when does she ever not )[QUOTE]
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

[QUOTE=nurdl;1464088][QUOTE=nurdl;1464087]Sunbeam and Kuya, I'm also nearing 6 months and I too have had the same thoughts. I have been away a bit but I do miss the friendships here. Lav has some good points (when does she ever not

Comment

MWO is doing some strange stuff to my posts. Sorry all.

Comment

Lav, I totally agree with you. I let my hair down here. I am whatever I am - cranky, self-absorbed, flawed, silly, depressed, helpful, whatever....but I am me. God, I will never find a better place to admit, to learn, to love.

You guys are family. And you don't steal the chicken skin.

Cat
                            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Catbuddy;1464110 wrote:
                              And you don't steal the chicken skin.

Cat
                              Where's PPQ with her urban dictionary when you need her?!:H

I'm pleased you stick around Lav. I drift away thinking I can cope, but it really is great to be able to jump back in without having to proffer detailed explanations, etc.

Comment

What I do find is the effect of other's relapses gets less with time.

Initially I sometimes found I couldn't handle talk of moderating as it awakened 'what if' feelings.
                                Now I view those who can moderate as either not alcoholics or prepared to work very hard to consume a poisonous substance. I don't know why they bother......and if I am truly honest I feel sorry for them.

As to coming here I just like to help. It is a thrill when someone gets sober and happy again when you have seen the sorry state some are in when they start posting.

I need this 'family', and right now I can't imagine not coming here.

Comment

Working...
                                X