Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Not really Mick :H
    That Stella Bling was a gift from Turnagain quite a while ago. I find it very useful
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cat - I remember your arrival...and now look how wonderful you are doing!!! You make me proud! :h

I love Stella...give her a nice big kiss for me Lav!!

I honestly don't remember my last night of drinking, not because of a blackout (although I'm sure I had one) but simply because nothing "major" happened. I drank, I got drunk, I passed out. Woke up the next day and said "I AM DONE". I'd hit many bottoms before I finally made the committment. All my bottoms added up and I was finally able to quit. I realized that my signature is absolutely true. What was I doing to her (and me)?? I should adjust it to say "I love life more than alcohol"...but honestly my daughter was my reason for getting sober...now I STAY sober for both of us!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9..your daughter is a dead spit of you!!
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thanks, K9. I think you must have a jar of incredible Karma by now. I'm so glad you found me. I will always be grateful. Did you know you saved a life? And Lav, Byrdie, Lolab, Kuya, and my dear, dear friend RunningCourage.

Cat
          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Hi K9 - just wanted to say that you were really helpful to me on my last (and final quit) over 4 months ago (there were others too). We also talked a bit about Antabuse. I also was inspired by your connection with your daughter because that has been a major thing for me too. My daughter is so so glad I stopped. I have posted mainly on the daily abstinence thread but also may drop in here from time to time.

Comment

Well,the weather today has been absolutely lovely...managed to get quite a lot done in the garden, planted up strawberries ,lettuce, onions radish spring onions..also managed to do the plants in the conservatory too Not convinced spring is here..hence everything is under frame!!!

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Wow, Mick!! You are a brave one to plant so early! EVERY time I try and do that I get caught by Jack Frost! You will be way ahead if you get away with it. What a lovely garden and sunroom you have!! Be sure to keep the bunnies away from your new sprigs!! Thanks for posting those pictures, your back yard is spectacular! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Very nice Mick!
                  You have your very own Longwood gardens going there
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Byrdie thats why I had to put fences up everywhere ..to keep them from demolishing everything!!

Comment

Mick, it all takes my breath away. It has been snow mixed with rain here most of the week. I have been out to do a little pruning of large shrubs. Those hoop houses are great. I will put the clear panel on top of my cold frame today. I have some Swiss chard that I think over-wintered.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

K9, my jar of Karma is nearly out....I'd like to place an order for an additional half dozen jars if I may. Ummm...better make it a dozen, you know how we like to have a good supply!! 1-800-K9'SKARMA.....got it. I hope operators are standing by...

I was talking the other day to some of my friends here...all the struggles sure didn't seem worth it early on. I know there were plenty of times I said, 'what's the use? I'm prolly just gonna drink again, why am I putting myself thru all this deprivation?' Is there ever an end to this longing to drink again? I'm happy to say that there is. I look back and see that I just couldn't let AL go! Denial is Public Enemy #1. I wanted to somehow make it work...was it always going to be 'that thing' out there that I wanted and couldn't have? That is the power of Addiction. Its power to make us think we can't live happily without it. Once I accepted that I am an Alcoholic, the picture began to make sense. For me, ONE drink is too many. One drink puts me back to square one...which is Stage 3 ALK. That's pretty good incentive.

Life is so much different now. It is better in every single way. I sure wish there were a way to show folks into the future. I know everyone thinks he/she is the exception. Being AF is as normal now as putting on my socks. The Drinking Mind is hard to reason with....ONLY AF time gets us here. I am so thankful to Lav...for her endless patience with me. Where would I be without her? I wish I could get thru to folks that one more drink is a dead end. It doesn't relieve the problem at all...it makes it worse. It reinforces that when we have a bad craving...we will cave in to relieve it. Like Kuya says, giving in to the temper tantrum the child is having... I guess physcologists call it positive reinforcement...that behavior is rewarded with a drink. And then that behavior gets stronger. It's a hard hole to get out of. Even the harm reduction idea grates at me like fingernails on a chalkboard. As if to say, I'm not killing myself as quickly, so it's ok.

I wouldn't take a million bucks for my 2 years sober....my quit is EVERYTHING to me...my most important possession. I EARNED it.

I hope the new folks can continue to put one day on top of the last one...until they string into a lifetime of sobriety. It IS worth the wait.

Just a thought I wanted to put down today....B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

I am so proud of you Byrdie
                          Gotcha thinking like a grownup!

I just want everyone to know that I'm starting to plan my 4 year party - everyone is welcome, it's a BYOB affair but I will have plenty & coffee & tea :H
                          The count down begins - only 25 days left!

Mick, I have a package of Heirloom Chard - Garden Rainbow seeds justing waiting to be planted. I need to look into the long range weather forecasts though - don't want the to get snowed on...
                          I got those seeds at Longwood of course
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mick, when are we invited to visit your lovely home? My bags are packed.

Lav, I will research a bad ass vegan recipe to share with you for your party.

Cat
                            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Cat - if you fly to Philly, I'll meet you there & we can go crash Mick's place together :H :H
                              Wouldn't he be surprised??

Forks Over Knives posts recipies on Facebook (from their website). This weekend will be a white bean, kale, red potato stew - yum!!!
                              Funny thing is my 2 yr old grandaughter will eat this - she won't eat any meat. Smart kid
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi gang, just checking in to say hi.

Thanks for that tip about Forks over Knives recipes, Lav. We went vegetarian a while ago after I quit drinking. I never had the energy to learn a new repertoire of cooking before.
                                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Working...
                                X