100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Looks like the website is back up & running

Thank you to whoever does that stuff!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sunbeam;1487515 wrote: Life is all about eating and sleeping. Without these two, there isn't much else.
      As a man, I have always understood this. Wonder if this is why i'm not in one of them r, r, re, rel, relationships?

(Big waves to everyone )

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi People, thought I'd dip my toe in the water here now, made it to 119 days today so hope I qualify to join in here. Not really read back yet, the novelty bit has worn off now and I'm trying to sort out a new life for myself, my drinking buddy has fallen by the wayside as she realises I really do mean it and giving up wasn't a fad. Did you others have to restructure your social life?

I'm just about confident enough to go out and drink soft drinks while others drink wine, shame my so-called best friend isn't comfortable for me to do it.

Also trying to re-build my relationship, OH can't really believe I've stuck with it and obviously doesn't know if he can trust me to carry on living an AF life.

Off to read back now
        AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Spider, I do find my social circles have changed. But in a different way than I thought. I thought being with the heavy drinking crowd was cool and interesting...as it turns out, being around loud and obnoxious heavy drinkers just doesn't hold the appeal anymore. I've heard all the stories before, and really nothing goes on that I can't live without hearing! I'm not missing out on anything! I just go with a full tummy and have my drink order ready to give. The good news is when you order water with lime, like I do, you will never get stuck with another bar check! I arrive later and leave early. You have to be resolute in your quit, tho...I wouldn't take the chance if you are wobbly at all. I am so happy to see you posting here and hope you will find it helpful! Hugs, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Spiderwoman you are rocking the AF life.....way to go on your time so far....

You are doing what you have to do to live free of addiction and you are mustering the strength to honor that need even if it means changing your views on who you socialize with and how. And, your ongoing and daily commitment to normal living will continue to help heal your relationship with your SO.

I didn't have to rearrange too much of my social life when I left behind drunk drinking, but I did have to adopt a new 'tude about dealing with my idea of leisure time - especially on vacation. My husband and I would go on wine quests. Well, with some tweaks in my 'tude, I do just fine now on vacations even in 'wine country' without any twinges of longing or feelings of deprivation. And now, I REMEMBER where we went and what we did! AF living just keeps getting better.
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hi Spider! Welcome!

Yes, I've changed my way of socializing. My oldest friend is a heavy drinker, and I see less of her. She goes to brunch to drink on the weekends, then heads to bars to watch sports. I'm so not interested in that. One major tough night occurred a few weeks ago. It was a pot luck for parents of the little league team. Food and wine poured all night; I was the only one not drinking, and I had to be there. It's just a given where I live that everyone drinks. I think it's hard not to feel out of place at such times, but maybe after a few years it will be easier (I'm at six months).

There are tons of people here who have partners that drink. They can probably speak to navigating that situation.

Cat
              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Lav, I just looked back and saw your post. Which hormones?

I've had my thyroid regularly checked, as it failed years ago. Ideas?

Cat
                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Cat,

I had my thyroid levels checked & rechecked. The levels were in the low normal range yet I was having horrific menopausal symptoms starting at the ripe old age of 41. After 18 months of that BS I finally insisted on getting my FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) & Estradiol (estrogen) levels checked & guess what? I was in menopause. My doctor kept telling me 'you're too young' & I kept telling her 'I don't care, I need help' :H
                  Many symptms of thyroid disease overlap with menopausal symptoms. Sometimes we just need to jump up & down on our doctor's desks to get their attention!
                  I hate seeing women suffer needlessly!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi gang!
                    Just popped in to say hello. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
                    I got a new bike a few days ago! I've been busy changing over a lot the accessories from my old bike to the new one. A friend gave me one of those stationary trainer stands, so I've converted my old bike into a stationary one. With my foot injury, biking seems to be the only cardio I can do these days... so I'm making the most of it.
                    Hard to say when I'll get to ride the new bike... we still have several feet of snow... and every few days we seem to get more. :upset:
                    For all of you that having nice spring weather, it must be a real joy to get outside in the warmth of the sunshine & watch the miracle of spring. :rays: :farmer:
                    AF 6 years
                    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Hi Fallen Angel,

Aren't new toys the best? I have a nice bike, and it amazed me how different it is to ride vs. my old one. I hope you get to experience it soon. Meanwhile, a cardio station at home - no excuses, huh! I've got an inversion table where my stationary bike used to be - now I just hang upside down like a bat.

Cat

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Yeah... new toys are great! Just wish I could have test driven it before I made my decision. Too late to return it now... I transferred most of my accessories from the old bike to this one. :H
                        How do you like your inversion table? I've read a lot about them, but have never had the chance to try one out.
                        AF 6 years
                        NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

New here. I am past 100...145 actually but believe it or not this is the first day i have actually counted up the total. I like this threads idea. I really dont need to talk about the past 145. Just about the next 40 years. I am never going to pick up the bottle again. I know that in my heart. So this thread is good.
                          In any case i used to bike. I just sold my cannondale. I had some numbing problems "down there" Im going to walk a lot now i guess. LOL. New toy..elyptical! Hope it works, im getting fat!
                          Just quit. Dont think, just do. God will help.

Comment

Hello & welcome Erik

Glad you decided to join us in the 'oldbies' hangout!
                            Congrats on your AF time, great job! Do you manage to quit all on your own, go to AA or anything? Whatever you want to share is always helpful to the newest MWO member who may still be struggling.

I celebrated 4 years AF last month & I still love to check in daily & see how everyone is doing. We may not need to discuss the past anymore, it's all history. We do like to share the new & exciting things our AF lives have created

Good luck with the new elliptical - start slow, stay safe !

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey Erik! So glad you found this thread! I am still looking for that dang post on fatigue from Kuya....UGG! It was a really good one, but you might just have to take my word that the fatigue goes away with time.
                              Sounds like you were in a similar boat as I was...married 24 years and my hubs sat me down and said, this is it....me or AL! (it was a hard choice to make at the time, can you believe that?). That was over 2 years ago, and I'm going strong!! Welcome aboard! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Greetings, all!
                                Erik, I also had a numbing problem, then I purchased a proper men's saddle that has space between the supports, elimimated the numbness.
                                Typically, in the spring/summer/fall, Mrs BHOG and I will do 100-150 miles per week. Hope to get back on the bikes soon, today is very high winds, so not yet.
                                Byrd, It is painfull when the spouse lays it down like that, isn't it?
                                But the change is worth it.
                                BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Working...
                                X