Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

You guys are SOOOOO talkative today! LOL :H

Hmmm....let's see, it's Tuesday afternoon. I am off in 45 minutes. Exciting ain't it? HA

Hi Stella!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I'm cranky that I have still only lost one pound. DeathWeek doesn't seem to be working!! Wah, wah.....B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdlady;1508720 wrote: I'm cranky that I have still only lost one pound. DeathWeek doesn't seem to be working!! Wah, wah.....B
        Are you giving me an opening to say what you don't want to hear?:H:H:H

Comment

No Ma'am....I don't want to hear the truth, please! Bahahahah! I love you No Sugar! Ok....where am I going wrong?....OY. Too many calories, not enough movement? XXOO, B
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, you need to go to Curves with me
            It's pretty easy but it was enough to get my metabolism in gear which had been in a coma for a number of years :H

Stella says HI to everyone......cluck, cluck
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Actually, Byrdie, I no longer belong to the 'eat less, move more' school of eating and exercise . I was there for many years but if we look at the general health of western populations, and non-western ones that are adopting our diet, it is pretty clear that the last 30+ years of dietary advice and food offerings have essentially failed (which is not surprising given that they arose from economic and political interests rather than good science).

I'm for eating plenty of the things that set your metabolism up to function properly (high quality fat, moderate levels of good protein, tons of varied vegetables) and little or none of the things that screw it up (grains, seed oils, and you guessed it --- SUGAR!). The problem is, the latter are the things most of us just love :h and that are readily available at an affordable price.

Well, I'm getting down from my soapbox now... Carry on :H...

Comment

I never thought I'd say this, but my new addiction/obsession is exercise. Who'd a thunk it? I find that if I have to skip the gym I feel tired and a little down. BUT, as in everything, I must learn to be balanced... I am going out of town with my family this weekend, and I must realize that not going to the gym, and eating some REAL food is OK! (Repeating to myself....) I like to think I'm not obsessed, I'm merely "dedicated". LOL Wow...us alkies really do take things to the extreme don't we?

Comment

K9Lover;1509032 wrote: I never thought I'd say this, but my new addiction/obsession is exercise. Who'd a thunk it? I find that if I have to skip the gym I feel tired and a little down. BUT, as in everything, I must learn to be balanced... I am going out of town with my family this weekend, and I must realize that not going to the gym, and eating some REAL food is OK! (Repeating to myself....) I like to think I'm not obsessed, I'm merely "dedicated". LOL Wow...us alkies really do take things to the extreme don't we?

Hi, K9 -

I love the idea of being dedicated rather than obsessed ! Having spent my life as an 'all or none' kind of person, I've been labeled with the latter (and all of its negative connotations) many times.

However I am proud
                  to be obsessed with remaining AF - with great thanks to all here.

I hope you have a nice holiday weekend with your family. I'm planning to do the same.

:h. NS

Comment

NoSugar;1508755 wrote:

I'm for eating plenty of the things that set your metabolism up to function properly (high quality fat, moderate levels of good protein, tons of varied vegetables) and little or none of the things that screw it up (grains, seed oils, and you guessed it --- SUGAR!). The problem is, the latter are the things most of us just love :h and that are readily available at an affordable price.

Well, I'm getting down from my soapbox now... Carry on :H...
                    Girl! Grains, seed oils and sugar, huh? I am going to chew on this for a spell...I am agasp. (yes, I just made that word up).
                    I'm not the biggest fan of fruits and veggies, but if you'd told me 3 years ago I'd be on an ALK site and sober for almost 2.5 years, I wouldn't have bought into that either! Well, let me shift gears and lean into this thinking....thank you for helping me...my DeathWeek wasn't so productive. Oy. Hugs!!! Byrdie
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Today is my interview with the Police Department. I think I have all bases covered. Nice new outfit (from Goodwill!), extra resumes, list of questions to ask, business cards to pass out...now, if I can just WOW them with my personality it will be all good! LOL

:fingers::fingers::fingers:

Comment

If you can show them the K9 you show us, the job should be YOURS!
                        :heart: NS

Comment

Thanks NS! I will try my darndest! LOL

Comment

We're all there with you for support K9
                            Kick ass :H
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

K9, we are all pulling for you!! Maybe you'll be able to reconnect with Diablo?!!

Well, trying the frooot and veggie route today...so far, I haven't died. I will keep you posted. If I do die, it's NoSugar's fault! :H:H:H

Have a great evening everyone! XXOO, Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

:angel:"PPP":angel:

Positive P's coming your way K9.

Comment

Working...
                                X