Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Hi Lav,

Well, I'm getting top notch medical care, so very happy here.

I had surgery today to reset my nose. The surgeon called me tonight (what an unexpected level of support) to tell me everything went well. She also mentioned the prior break, which happened when I was ten and never treated, has left the nose deviated (I knew that) and if later I wanted to address it, we could. You know, the whole thing has been great in terms of feeling supported.

I do feel mentally and physically really WEIRD. I believe it must have beeen a mild concussion that I got as well - I was nauseous, dizzy, and dealing with bad headaches all weekend. I still feel really really tired. How long do concussions take to heal?

I'm on the fence about going to work tomorrow. But I'm so tired....??

Cat
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Hello All,
      Happy to announce Day 366 !!!!! I haven't been on this site for awhile.

I am so grateful for the support of this site during the first months of this journey. I just wanted to pop in to say THANK YOU!!!!!

I am feeling amazing and free.
      new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Congratulations, ITM! I left well wishes on your thread.

Cat
        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Cat, healing time post concussion can take weeks or even months in some cases. It depends on a lot of things like your general health & fitness levels, age, etc.
          You are a young & healthy woman so I think you should heal pretty quickly, just take good care of yourself Glad your nose is going to be OK too!

IMT, congrats to you on your 1 year+ AF time!
          Stop back often, we'd love to hear more from you!

K9, if you're out there please check in!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi friends, just a quick check in,

IMT, very hearty congratulations to you for one plus year!!!

Catbuddy, hope you feel better soon!

Sorry to be scarce at times, I often feel like a nomad without a home thread here so I don't post so often,

Have a great AF day!
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Hey everyone....don't know how I missed Itsmytime's post, but congratulations on the big doings!!!

Pinecone, get yer bones over to the NN, you know we need all hands on deck over there. Do you spy on the other threads like I do? I read the army and the af threads every day. I don't want to intrude on them and I am pretty busy in the nest, so I am happy to lurk and keep up with everyone that way. It isn't very social tho is it?! Speaking for me personally, any thread on this site would be more than happy to have your participation. You make things better wherever you go!

Happy Friday everyone....feel better, Cat. XXOO, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, Pinecone

I enjoy your posts and wish this thread were more active so.... how about you post here more often ? Maybe we can rev this one up a bit!

Have a great day! NS

Pinecone;1534234 wrote: Hi friends, just a quick check in,

IMT, very hearty congratulations to you for one plus year!!!

Catbuddy, hope you feel better soon!

Sorry to be scarce at times, I often feel like a nomad without a home thread here so I don't post so often,

Have a great AF day!

Comment

Thanks everyone
                  new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

IMT, you've got to ramp up your postings & get yourself to Senior member status around here

Does anyone want to know how HOT it was today? It was 100 degrees in my chicken house this afternoon when I took them their daily 20 lbs of ice
                    I have a ceiling fan & a big box fan running in there at all times. Can't do too much more for them except give them some frozen veggies everyday. The have shade in their fenced yard -geez!!

How's that nose Cat?
                    Hi Byrdie & NS!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I think the cooler weather is on its way LAV if you and the chickens can hang in there for just a couple more days !

Comment

Pinecone, welcome back! I love the idea of making this thread an active one; I feel very at home with some of my favorite people. I rarely run into Byrdie- the nest needs space for the young uns. So here we find our own birdhouse, complete with perches since we're no longer drinking and a danger to ourselves......

Or maybe I am, as I am truly accident prone. My nose is doing well. I have a splint on my face, yes that's right. It will be on until Monday. It's driving me a bit crazy at this point, but I've learned some good distraction techniques giving up AL, and I'm using them now.

My concussion is an issue. Lav, it was reassuring to read that the symptoms are normal and will take a bit of time to resolve. I get bad headaches, feel dissociated, say the wrong words, get lost while I'm speaking, etc. If it stays this way through next week, I'll go back to the doctor. Otherwise, it's just made me appreciate taking care of my head.

Lav, 100 degrees sounds awful. I'm glad you take such great care of your chickens; they are lucky to be with you. Someday, I will own some, around the time I garden in earnest.

Cat

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Boy Cat, you did have a CT scan done, I hope!
                          You are describing symptoms I dealt with nearly 13 years ago after a bad fall down the steps. I fractured my skull & developed a large subdural hematoma. It was pretty nasty waking up after emergency surgery & being told all that It took me a few years to really get myself together. I hope you are better much sooner

It took years before I could take a flight of steps without holding my breath the whole time. Once you've been scared like that everything changes. I always thought I was safety conscious ~ apparently I wasn't careful enough. Get well soon
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

NoSugar, Byrdie and Catbuddy, thanks for noticing my half assed attempt to reach out!
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

So, Pinecone, I don't know you too well other than I love your supportive posts . Can you direct me to a place where you introduced yourself or give a brief summary here?

I'm glad you spoke up! I don't have a "hang-out" thread, either and mostly just hop around from place to place.

Have a great day, everyone!

Comment

Pinecone, forgive me for not saying hello this morning. I wasn't fully awake yet (it takes a fair amount of caffeine to get me going at this age)
                                Make this thread yours!!!!

Just noticed we have 100 pages of posts already - cool
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X