100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi NS....thanks for the congrats...nothing's up really. Just a lot of changes and challenges right now. New job, ongoing lawyer issues (I'm the plaintive), home AA group meeting moved, and then wham, long weekend...what to do with myself. Figured I'd do nothing but telling the mind to stop thinking (about work) hasn't been successful. So thought I'd get another MWO fix and post.

I agree this is the place to post when we're having those off days. Just typing out my feelings makes me feel better.

I truly am looking forward to work tomorrow, I am so grateful that I love my job.

Thanks for the chat and have a good night.....PPQP

Comment

Hey PQ, I think it's completely normal to have 'off days'.
      A MWO fix usually helps
      When I feel myself getting moody I usually take my attention off of myself & just do something for someone else. Funny how quickly your sense of gratitude returns. Oh yeah & buy yourself a bunch of flowers at the market

Hope everyone had a good day!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sunbeam
        The mountain is Mt Rainier. It is a beautiful area to hike. I live fairly close to the Shenandoah Park. Nice area as well.

Byrdie and Lav, I must echo Yah Yah's admiration. NS, as well. You all in my short time have been a real foundation there at the Nest.

PQ, glad you came by to post. I do the same when the urge whispers to me. I've quit in the past for long periods of time but never really had any kind of support, I'm very grateful for this site and its members.

Sam

PS
        hello there LB!
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Just checking in to see if anyone needs to see ret, nurse Lav :H

Sam, the support we receive here on this site is priceless!
          No one else really understands quite the way we do. Am I right??
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav I could use your help if you happen to have a cast iron frying pan I could use to smack my DH upside his head. Other than that, I'm good.

You're right about the support we receive on this site. I have admitted things on this site that no one else in my life knows. Things that I thought were so shameful I couldn't bear to say until I read others telling the same stories. It was a relief to think, "I'm not the only one."

Comment

Fly Away
              Read your post regarding the hubs. From a male perspective I can only say 1) he truly doesn't understands alcoholism or 2) doesn't want to understand it. Hopefully some compassion to your feelings comes out in the end.
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Fly - I totally agree, I've "said" things on this site that I'd never tell another soul...not even my dog because I'd be embarrassed to say it out loud!

I've had my share of "off" days lately...but they seem to be thinning out (finally).

I hope you all have a great day!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Fly, I've been thinking of you....hope you are 'moving on' from that comment.

For some reason lately, it seems as if we are having a lot of relapses. Not sure if it's the upcoming holidays or the end of a long summer or just what is going on. All I know is that this is a very long journey of self discovery. I never would have imagined that so much was going on in my head when I began this. I just knew I HAD to stop drinking. I have learned so much over these years. If there is ONE PIECE of advice I can give that would be to stay the course no matter what. NO MATTER WHAT. Since I hit the 2 year mark, things in my head feel NORMAL. I'm having a terribly stressful time at work, but I am sorting thru it in normal ways!!! The difference in 2 years and 2 months is striking. The good news is that at every step along the way, I knew I was better of than I was a week before....and so it goes. But there is still growth to be had between, say 9 months and 2 years. I remember asking the question when I first came on board...'Is there ever a time that I will NOT think about AL?' Thankfully, the answer is YES! When I finish up work in the evening, I just want to get my bath, get a good dinner done, and relax....the thought of AL doesn't enter my mind unless I see a commercial! It is such a blessing. I look all around our site and I see people like myself with 100 Day 1's. I wish I could look them in the eye and say, please stop doing this to yourself...do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF. You will get to the prize and that is MindPeace. It didn't happen in 3 months or 9 months, but consecutive months and months each better than the next. If you stay the course, you will get there.
                  Thanks for listening, I just wanted to get that off my chest. Find I mentor like I did with Lav, and just do what they do. I thank my lucky stars every day that I attached myself to that woman. She is amazing.
                  Have a great day, everyone! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Aw Byrdie, I love you too :l
                    It's true, after a bit of time we just seem to really, really know & understand that AL has no positive place in our lives. We need to do what we can to always remember that & help others remember as well. Let's all stay well
                    Stick around with us Sam, we promise to be nice
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav
                      sticking around and enjoying being AF!
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hey byrdie ...guess what the mentoring thing goes down the line..Lav-you , you to moi...and so on...so guess what folks ..its Lavs fault you get all the crap jokes :H:H:H:H
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

YOU really have a lot of nerve Mick:H:H:H:H:H
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Bahahah!!!:H:H:H
                            Mick, what a nice thing to say! It is amazing how all of our lives touch each others'!! I can't think of a more fitting tribute to these boards because that's the way it's supposed to work! You have been such a positive influence to so many! Keep the jokes coming, it's the best part of the day, mate!!! Hugs to all, B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Off to a fiddle festival this weekend. This will be #3 and I plan on an AF. So far I had a lot of fun at these events and no one giving me shit about not drinking, actually no one saying anything one way or the other... as it should be. I hope you all have a great weekend, looks like great weather for the next couple of days here on the eastern US.
                              Best to all
                              Sam
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Have fun Sam. You can have just as much fun sober and no one really gives a rat's patoot what you're drinking when you get right down to it. I think I have more fun now than I did when I was drinking. And the best part is that I can remember everything. :H

Comment

Working...
                                X