Yeah Byrdie, the chicks don't get a new Beauty Rest mattress unti I do :H

Welcome to the older bird's club 3 June. Glad to have you with us

Hi there Sam, K9 & everyone!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Those chicks are so cute!!! I want one (or 10!)

Did you guys see the I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel ordered 100 baby chicks? Of course things went awry....

Welcome to the Oldies But Goodies Club 3June! You made it...we knew you would!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Congrats 3 june ...glad to see you here...and Molls what are you doing skiting over here to this gaff?Glad to see you getting out and about!:H:H
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello all
          I was self reminiscing about a hike I took in 2011 around Mt Rainier, looking at pictures. I came across these. These encounters with nature always make me feel rather insignificant in the whole scheme of things. The last one is Mt St Helens in the distance.

Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

WOW,
            Thanks for the pics Sam ~ that was one hell of a hike
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Cracking pics Sam...thanks
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Chick pic - day 3

AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav, the babies are just adorable....they have your beak!! How long before they start laying eggs? How do you know if they are girls or boys? xo, B

:egg::egg::sausages:
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

I see the eggs & sausage Byrdie :H
                    They will start laying as they approach the age of 6 months ~ they have a lot of growing to do. So it will likely be March before I see any eggs. They are all girls because I ordered all girls!! I learned my lesson the first time when we ordered a 'straight run'. Ended up with half boy chickens - no boys allowed :H You pay a few cents more/chick but it's a good investment.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Bahaha....I thought I was being subtle, Lav!!
                      Do boy chickens have any redeeming value? Do they tell good jokes, or help clean up or anything? Did the old farmer down the road get them? I see no good end coming for the male chicken. Pity.

Hope you are finally getting some dry air! It's just gorgeous here with a hint of fall in the air! Hugs to the girls and g-babies!!!

Have a great weekend everyone! Any good plans? Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Holy Smokes Sam! Just looking at those pictures makes me feel small and humbled! Wowweee.

And Lav, I love the babies...I want the gray one...she looks deep in thought, as if she's scheming up a good plan...she's gonna be a feisty one.

Byrdie...I don't think the boys would appreciate your predictions of doom! You and I may know what's in store but no need to let them in on it...jeez have a heart would ya? :h

I don't have any pictures to post...mostly because I don't know how. Darn. Someone please tell me...maybe not, you may regret it. LOL

IT'S FRIDAY... :happy:

No plans this weekend, just the way I like it!

Comment

Lav when do you know if a chick is male or female? Do they do ultrasounds? Then we the egg eaters could eat only make embryos seeing as the females are the ones in high demand?

On another topic I'd like to publicly announce that I no longer feel deprived, I feel grateful. I heard those words from you "seniors" when I was starting out, and now I can truthfully say it's part of who I am.

Once again I can't thank you all enough. You have helped me change my life!
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

I learned that most people don't realize than an egg must be "fertilized" to become a chick...that's why you separate the gals from the guys.

My previous boss thought she was being so funny when she made some smart ass comment about eating eggs and how they would have been chickens...and I said "You do know they were NEVER going to be chickens right?".....she gave me her famous "deer in the headlights" blank stare and then Googled it.

Comment

Well... some fertilized ones do slip through the cracks. I about fainted the first time I saw the little embryo in the frying pan!!

Comment

This is very true NS...I've heard stories but never had the horrifying experience myself....

Comment

Working...
                                X