100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Byrdie, I just noticed this thread and hope there is room for one more. Thanks for this thread. I'm looking forward to hanging out!

Lav, thanks for "breaking the ice" about your NN posts. Actually, I like your daily posts there. It sets up a very comforting rhythm to that thread. But I do find myself posting the same stuff so often, and then wonder if it is helping.

I'm finding the "label" topic very interesting too.

Turnagain, what a lovely post! I now know that I am just supposed to be AF. It is just the way I am supposed to be. What a contradicition then that I spent so much time drinking! I'm not crying over spilled milk, but amazed! Anyway, it gives me good healthy aversion for that rotten stuff, so I guess that's good.
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Pinecone, glad you found us here

I have a strong feeling that each & every positive post in the NN is helping someone, in some way or the other. We all started out there & look at us now, right?

I mentioned earlier today that I am opposed to putting labels on people but I kind of like the label of 'Normal' ~ it has a nice ring to it I think
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Not directly relevant , but a dear friend of mine has a saying

'Neurotic is cuddly, psychotic is not!' .....

With regard to alcohol I am 'normal' if I don't consume it

Comment

My name is Turnagain...and I am a Normaholic. LOL

:woot::crazymonkey::bling:kudos::danthin::bonkers:

Okay...maybe an ABnormaholic....
          Sober for the Revolution!
          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

So, it's about the balance of loving the normalcy of our lives now, while keeping complacency at bay. That normalcy only comes with a zero tolerance to AL.

I'm good with that. I'm so happy with where I am heading, to the place of my true self and my full potential. Boy, I like this place, and will never give up the new "Catbuddy" I have discovered.

I hear this from so many here; once you FEEL it for yourself, it is amazing.

Cat
            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

YAH has 6 months

Already put it on the general thread...but YAH has 6 months af today well done
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Just checking in to let you know I'm here if you need me...don't know why I always forget about this thread...then again, I forget to pick my daughter up the other day...went all the way home before I realized it, so apparently my memory is declining rapidly! LOL

:h
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi K9..hows the no smoking going?
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick;1457478 wrote: Hi K9..hows the no smoking going?
                    Day 23!!
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Ok, here's my question of the day: how many tries did it take you to quit this last and final time? I decided in late June that it was finally time to be done drinking for good. I was AF through July, drank a few times in August, and finally got my act together Sept 1.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

well done k9..thats great..keep it up :goodjob:

Sunbeam ..in answer to your question..I probably half gave up numerous times, and then went back to the scenario we all know so well..ok last time..start again tomorrow!!! Morning of July 4th last year ..woke up feeling crap as per usual and said ..I need help..please help me to myself..without going down the medication or public routes..as per numerous people did, I accidentally came across this site..rest is history..apart from the 3 very special people who kept me going at the start and booted me when I needed it!

Comment

I tried to quit for a year. I called it moderating... I never drank harder...it was like I was panicking... when I finally allowed myself to drink I drank all I could and then some more. I could string 2 or 3 days no problem, got to 12 days twice and blew it...third time was the charm. If you follow me in the NN, I say that 13 days is a gamechanging day, and I fell twice before the magic happened.

Sure wish I would have gotten it the first time...woulda saved me, my liver, and my hubs a lot of misery. But I had something to prove apparently...(that I am no different than anybody else here, even tho I was SURE I was). UGG. B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

:applaud::alf::applaud::alf::applaud:
                            K9Lover;1457569 wrote: Day 23!!
                            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Sunbeam;1457579 wrote: Ok, here's my question of the day: how many tries did it take you to quit this last and final time?
                              Please don't take this as bragging, but I have only quit drinking once.
                              From mistakes I learned from my past smoking quits, I knew that if I promised myself I quit drinking, it HAD to be the one & only time.
                              I had many times during my drinking career that I decided to "stop" for a specific amount of time... any wheres from 2 weeks - 2 months, but I never intended for it to be a "quit". These periods of abstinence usually occurred after some humiliating drunken bout, or for some odd reason I used to get a kick out of not drinking for the entire Christmas Holiday season when everyone else was drinking.

I broke my promise of quitting smoking quite a few times. The last one was the worst... I relapsed for 8 long years. When I finally quit the smokes, I knew that I only had one last quit in me.... and this one had to stick.
                              When I decided to quit drinking, I knew this had to be it... no wavering, no slips, no relapse. I think that's what scared me so much... there was no turning back.
                              The day that I announced on a public forum that I had quit drinking, I broke down & cried.
                              I realized that I had just made an announcement to the entire frickin world about this decision... it was like I had written it in stone.... and now I had to live up to my commitment.
                              I've learned over these past years of recovery, that our promises to ourselves are the most sacred. If we can't keep a promise to ourselves (the most important person in our world)... than who can we keep a promise to??
                              That's the assertion I live by, and that's what will keep this One & Only quit of mine, for all my remaining time.
                              AF 6 years
                              NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Sunbeam;1457579 wrote: Ok, here's my question of the day: how many tries did it take you to quit this last and final time? I decided in late June that it was finally time to be done drinking for good. I was AF through July, drank a few times in August, and finally got my act together Sept 1.
                                Firstly.....we really must appoint you as question poser.....you ask such pertinent things.

Apart from the THOUSANDS of day 1s that started in the mornings and finished at dinner time, the only sober days I had were enforced by work.

So my first quit was last year, nine weeks done without any support. It was quite easy and surprised me after so many years of convincing myself that it was impossible. I relapsed at nine weeks because I thought I could safely have a 'day off ' :H:H

I then joined MWO but it took EIGHT very long, scary months to find another quit, this one.

I started this quit on 1st September and it has stuck....so having read your question again PROPERLY .....this quit took one try AND MWO !

I think the eight scary months have prevented ANY delusions that I can moderate, for which I am very glad.

Like many here, I don't want A DRINK............ I want A DRUNK !

Comment

Working...
                                X