100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lav, you make a good point. I don't even talk to my husband about drinking, he doesn't really get it. But I do have other things I wish were moving forward more quickly, including the quilt I have in progress. Still, sometimes I am tired and dont really feel like doing much. I used to drink when I felt like that, now I spend some time here. This is a vast improvement. But warmer weather could easily draw me away. That will be here soon.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Confession Time....I steal chicken skin

Comment

Stealing chicken skin?? Really????:H :H :H :H
        OK, you guys take the cake!!!! :H
        Just don't ever forget that Stella is always watching!!!

I'm happy to continue coming here daily, regardless of people's moods, attitudes.....whatever!
        I take great comfort in knowing that many people here really know me & accept me just the way I am.......Thank you everyone!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav...the feeling's mutual :l

Oh and....

:bday3: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANTOO :bday3:

Comment

I hope there's not a statute of limitations on staying here...(especially in the NN!) I think the nest is as alive and thriving as I've ever seen it. We have some real experience in there now and we all have different ways of delivering it...(Lav can say in one sentence what takes me a paragraph!). I don't talk to anyone in real life about this and hubs doesn't 'get it' either. So I love coming here to see what my friends are doing...Helping is a healer, too...we're all broken in some way, and when you can help somebody thru a bad day....well, it helps. I was truly at the end of my rope when I got here....If I can help ONE PERSON get out of AlcoHell (thanks 199!) I have to try. It also keeps me grounded....one drink will put me back to ground zero. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

porqoui;1464401 wrote: Lav...the feeling's mutual :l

Oh and....

:bday3: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANTOO :bday3:
              Oooooo that girl is a quiet one!

Happy birthday Cantoo :h:h

Comment

kuya;1464415 wrote: Oooooo that girl is a quiet one!

Happy birthday Cantoo :h:h
                Ain't she though! :H

Comment

Being out here at the end of the Internet is lonely....
                  I can't find a way to make my brilliant suggestions to the forum moderators...is there a suggestion box somewhere? I'll keep looking! Hugs all, B
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, I believe there are moderators here, the kind that monitors things here. If you post under General Discussion, I think someone will answer.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

SunBeam, maybe I could report myself? Or report my post where I suggested it? :H
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Yeah, you could try that. The general discussion post would enable others to add their thoughts, but either one could work.

Comment

Just spent a lovely 4 hrs walking around Longwood Gardens with my daughter & grandaughter
                          Spent most of the time in the conservatory today because it is raining but still had a great time.
                          These are the things I would be missing if I was sitting around nursing a hangover....

Longwood Gardens - Home Page
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I really have to get down to Longwood, which I visited once many years ago. The Philly flower show is also a destination I need to reach.

Comment

Sunbeam,
                              I have a membership to Longwood since I live only 21 milles south of there.
                              I gave up going to the Philly flower show, too expensive, parking nearly impossible & it gets so crowded you really can't see much
                              Saw some better pictures on Facebook tonight
                              https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/?set=a.10151452539491155.552201.53845771154&type=1
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Wow, great orchids. Some of them look like lillies.

Comment

Working...
                                X