100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

They really are fabulous
    I've never been able to keep one alive for more than a few months :H
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I have an orchid that comes back to bloom several times a year. I think I've had him for five years. I just water it once a week and leave it in a window where it is happy. Just settled into his place, I guess.

Cat
      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Just been reading back thro some of these posts....seems to me that there are a few things and reasons why we all keep on the forum

Friendship,and a common interest
        Dont go into detail if any about drink issues with others not on the forum
        Gratitude for getting to the point we are all at
        Wanting to help others out ..as we have been helped
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick, great thoughts, good to see you.
          I have two orchid plants which have rebloomed, and previously had some that didn't. Finding a spot where they are happy is important. My current pots are self-watering ones sold for African violets. They came with a gravel planting medium. They are in a south window, shaded by a large tree in summer, dappled shade from the branches in winter.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Welcome back Mick

I am really, reallky thinking about going back to Longwood & buying one of the many orchids they are offering right now. I think I have located a better spot, protected from the harsh Southern exposure on the back of my house
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav go for it
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Lav, when I spend money on a flowering plant, I compare it to cut flowers. The inexpensive bunches they sell in th grocery store aren't cheap, and you are lucky if they last a week. The orchid flowers last for MONTHS, you will get your money's worth from them. And you will be supporting Longwood Gardens, a very good cause.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I don't do any face to face meetings and have found MWO sufficient to get and stay sober.

I know lots use both.

Here there is anonymity unless one chooses to become friends and share more.

I would dislike meetings as I feel I would lose the choice and my privacy as I live in a small community.

Are you more honest here about your personal problems and struggles than you are at meetings?

Comment

Not sure who you're addressing that question to but I would like to answer.

I am equally honest about personal problems and struggles at AA meetings and on MWO.

I used to drive from my small community to the city though, where no-one knew me.

No point in doing any of it if I can't honestly share my conflicts and ask for help.

Didn't mean to butt into a conversation, unless you're just talking to yourself. :H PPQP

Comment

porqoui;1466529 wrote: Not sure who you're addressing that question to but I would like to answer.

I am equally honest about personal problems and struggles at AA meetings and on MWO.

I used to drive from my small community to the city though, where no-one knew me.

No point in doing any of it if I can't honestly share my conflicts and ask for help.

Didn't mean to butt into a conversation, unless you're just talking to yourself. :H PPQP
                      Just talking to myself PPQ, very

Comes to us all in time ! :H:H

Comment

KY..does it really?

Hi hows it going?
                        Not bad ..you?
                        Not too bad ..what have you been doing?
                        Not a lot really just listening to some drivelling Jock
                        Yeh me too ..boring aint he?
                        Yep think I will have a brew
                        Yep me too
                        Right cya later
                        Yep cya

:H:H:H

Comment

Mick;1466707 wrote: KY..does it really?

Hi hows it going?
                          Not bad ..you?
                          Not too bad ..what have you been doing?
                          Not a lot really just listening to some drivelling Jock
                          Yeh me too ..boring aint he?
                          Yep think I will have a brew
                          Yep me too
                          Right cya later
                          Yep cya

:H:H:H
                          Is there an echo in here? :H

Comment

Who's on first.

Comment

Sunbeam;1466794 wrote: Who's on first.

KY
                              :H :H

Comment

Yall are so funny!!
                                I have never spoken aloud to another person (other than hubs, who doesn't know the half of it) about my ALK. I do not think I would be as open in a group setting...plus I tend to get emotional and that sucks. I think the anonymity here is part of the power of its effectiveness. Just my 2 cents...
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X