• Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

porqoui;1466821 wrote: KY :H :H
    Is that an AA reference? If so I will take it as a yes Sunbeam

Comment

Um, I guess that could be my statement that I won't be attending any AA meetings. I am AF for nearly six months, and have learned a lot about my relationship with alcohol since joining here five years ago. I am truly ready to be done drinking for good. I do not feel deprived, I am grateful to be leading a better life without alcohol. I am better at writing these thoughts than I am at saying them to anyone including my husband. I'm good without any meetings, thanks for bringing up the subject. Every time I write something like this I feel stronger.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam I could have written your post. No meetings for me ever. I don't begrudge those who go to AA, but it's not for me.

I am 100% honest on this site. I don't think I would be as honest face to face. Anonymity is huge for me.

Comment

I've done SO MUCH talking around here the past four years -
          there is little point in my actually attending any meetings, I've said it all :H :H
          I honestly don't think I could say as much in person, I think I would hold back a bit.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I am naturally a very open person but I don't think I could be so open in a meeting.

In that respect I think MWO is more valuable, particularly for people who are naturally shy.

They can type stuff here they would never have the courage to say in person.

That is very cathartic IMO

Comment

i have never attended an AA meeting. I had to attend group counseling as part of DUI school. I hated it. I know I am in a different place now, but I also know I don't want to be in that setting.

I've been brutally honest with my two sisters. No one else in real life. They have heard the really ugly stories.

Cat
              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Urban Dictionary....

1. cathartic...Introduced by Aristotle meaning the process of relieving strong feelings eg thru drama or other artistic activities, targeting provision of relief from anger or suffering.

Yup...that'd be you KY :H

Cat...the truth shall set you free....:H

(I have got to go to bed.....PPQP)

Comment

Whatever works, right Molly?

I think maybe it's a matter of 'needing to see to believe' for some of us. For some the 'mere thought' of something is enough to convince us to take one action or the other. Does that make sense? It does to me :H
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Wow, Molly, that was a wonderful post. I could see how the meetings create a depth of messaging that the flat screen may not.

Cat
                    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Hosting a birthday party for my grandaughter tomorrow - she's turning 2
                      My day will be filled with happy chores!

What's everyone else doing this weekend?
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lavande;1467743 wrote: Hosting a birthday party for my grandaughter tomorrow - she's turning 2
                        My day will be filled with happy chores!

What's everyone else doing this weekend?
                        That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a weekend. Grandkids are the best. They are another reason to stay sober, for sure!
                        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

depends on the weather really..but there is a pretty good chance I will be out and about early doors
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning everyone!
                            Not a lot of plans for this weekend, but that's "The Plan"... if you get my drift! :H
                            I'm taking it easy this morning, had a stiff back since last night so I'm going to do a yoga routine later this morning to see if that will help. I've really gotten into yoga this past couple of weeks... I love how it's gentle on the body, yet strengthening at the same time. This afternoon I plan to go visit a very dear elderly friend of mine... she's like a surrogate mother to me. :h We do jigsaw puzzles, indulge in chocolate treats, and just have the best of times together. :l
                            I'm getting spring fever too, even though we have about 4 feet of snow on the ground. I found myself over at the bike shop TWICE this week, drooling over a new bicycle! :H
                            AF 6 years
                            NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm in the mountains getting ready to ski with my son. Fingers crossed on an injury-free day.

FA, I love yoga, too, and am thinking it needs to be part of my daily/early morning routine. They call them "sun salutations" for a reason. Honestly, when I was consistent about it, I was in a much better place. What type of yoga are you doing?

Cat

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Catbuddy;1467818 wrote:
                                I'm in the mountains getting ready to ski with my son. Fingers crossed on an injury-free day.

FA, I love yoga, too, and am thinking it needs to be part of my daily/early morning routine. They call them "sun salutations" for a reason. Honestly, when I was consistent about it, I was in a much better place. What type of yoga are you doing?
                                Cat
                                I'll keep my fingers (& toes) crossed for you too!
                                I'm not exactly sure what types of yoga I have been doing... I've got several different videos, some for relieving pain, others for strength & relaxation, and one that is a beginner's power yoga which I really like. I'm alternating them, and also listening to my body of which one would feel the best for the day. (I've been suffering from a lot of muscle & joint pain this past year). Slaythefear (who is celebrating 30 days AF today!) and I have started doing yoga this past couple of weeks, something that neither one of us thought we would enjoy as much as we are.
                                We both really love how calm & rejuvenated we feel after.... which is quite amazing since we've only just started doing this. And the other cool thing is... once you start doing something that feels so good for your body & spirit, you start doing other things that add health & vitality to your life.
                                AF 6 years
                                NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Working...
                                X