100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be danged!!! Thank you, Turnagain, for the encouragement! I would be interested in learning more! Love your new avatar, makes me feel smarter just looking at it! Hugs! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie instead of counting the numbers backwards...try spelling them!!! :H:H:H
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick, you TOAD! Don't confuse me!!! :H:H:H
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

I just think about happy places...not work...smile...and go to sleep.
          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

I've had trouble sleeping over the past six months. Difficulty both falling asleep and waking every hour during the night. I tried everything including the counting Byrdie described. What really helped was a 99 cent app called Deep Sleep Meditation. I was surprised that it helped me both fall asleep and stay asleep.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I used your counting Byrdie and it does work, but I always jump awake.

Sunbeam.....where did you get your app from??

Comment

Kuya, I got it from Amazon for my Kindle Fire. Another reviewer mentioned a version for their phone.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Ku!!! Jump awake? Why? Are you surprised by the next number or something? Perhaps you should use a softer tone of voice....justa thought! Eheheheh....wow, I am having tremendous success with it! I hope you are able to get some help with Sun's app!!
                  Softly....with feelling....100, 99..98....97................... (shhhhhh). 96...... ZZZzzzzzzzz
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Sleeplessness creates worry about getting to sleep, and you are in a cycle. The difference with listening to a recording is you don't think, you just listen. If I count I think there is a subtext running, wondering what I will do next to fall asleep, wondering how I will get through the day without having slept much.

Comment

Sunbeam;1487398 wrote: Sleeplessness creates worry about getting to sleep, and you are in a cycle. The difference with listening to a recording is you don't think, you just listen. If I count I think there is a subtext running, wondering what I will do next to fall asleep, wondering how I will get through the day without having slept much.
                      That is exactly my problem.......I watch myself falling asleep which makes me jump back to awake.
                      If I try to nap in the day I fall asleep in minutes because there is no anxiety, but I don't want to nap in the day if possible as it makes sleeping at night less likely.

As my signature line advises, I need to master these two basic skills of life .....eating when hungry, sleeping when tired.......so normal, so basic, sooooo very difficult for me. :upset:

Comment

Kuya, have you ever read Matt Stone's info at 180 degree health? He sounds nuts at first, but now is making a lot of sense to me. Life is all about eating and sleeping. Without these two, there isn't much else.

Comment

Amen to that, Sunbeam. I had some great sleep earlier in my quit, and am much more anxious now (gave up my SSRI recently; i think that is part of it). Time to retackle sleep CDs and aids.

Never complacent, right? I've been distracted by work, and "banking" my success. Time to go back to nurturing my quit, with good sleep.

Kuya, can we try together?

Cat
                          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Catbuddy;1487652 wrote: Amen to that, Sunbeam. I had some great sleep earlier in my quit, and am much more anxious now (gave up my SSRI recently; i think that is part of it). Time to retackle sleep CDs and aids.

Never complacent, right? I've been distracted by work, and "banking" my success. Time to go back to nurturing my quit, with good sleep.

Kuya, can we try together?

Cat
                            I need to get this aspect of my life more under control.

Sunbeam......I will look out for that author. I downloaded a hypnosis sleep thing last night and it made me worse......very annoying.

BUT I am under a lot of stress ATM

Comment

Hey ladies
                              May I make a suggestion here? Have your hormone levels checked!
                              My sleep troubles began when my hormone levels suddenly dropped & I was only 41-42 at the time. I was also under a huge amount of stress at the time due to my husband's insanity, my back breaking job at the hospital, raising two teens & caring for aging parents in my home. Yeah, that's when I began slugging wine after work
                              Getting my hormone levels back into a normal range was helpful, allowed me to relax a little & get some better sleep. Unforunately that didn't help with the rest of my stress. I should have just run away like I really wanted to :H
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Kuya, have you tried Calm Forte? It really works for me. I ran out, and am going to go buy some (probably tomorrow given schedules). I have used it during the day to calm anxiety, but my favorite use is night time sleep aid.

Cat
                                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X