Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Just buried my nearly 30 yr old Cockatiel this morning:upset:
    He came to live with us back in 1985 & was a big part of the family. I placed him next to my golden who passed away 9 yrs ago at the age of 13 1/2.
    My house is going to be very, very quiet now, I'll have to adjust.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Oh Lav, I'm so sorry.
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

just catching up...sorry to hear about your wee dog pinecone..we do get so attached to our pets dont we?Are you going to get another one..NOT a replacement but another friend

Kuya ..talking about horrors and animals..was listening yesterday to a report on a slaughterhouse in Australia.. apparently the cattle were killed in tragic conditions..all hooked up and some of them slipped off the hoists? tey wer then hacked with knives across the legs and hindquarters .disgusting maybe the owners of the premises should be called to account..literally
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Lav, I can't imagine what you are feeling with the loss of a pet family member who has been around for that long! Wow, that's got to be an unbelievable void. I will add you to my list of folks who need some extra kind thoughts. I know that K9, Pinecone and you have suffered some real blows with those losses. The circle of life, I suppose, but it stinks. Hugs to you. Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

:l:lLav:l:l
            I'm SO sorry, I know how hard it is. But wow, you had a nice long run and I'm sure that was one happy bird! Just try to remember the good times, that's how I cope!
            Speaking of birds, when I was growing up we had a HUGE walk in avery and had birds of every kind: Love Birds, Doves, Pheasants, Cockatiels, Parakeets, Finches....I LOVED those birds! I fed them every day and when I'd stick my hand into their food mice would usually run up my arm. lol I was the one that would go out and put tarps up when it rained so they'd stay warm. I've always been the animal lover (and I mean ANY animal) so I know how you feel! I hope you feel better soon! :h
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

p.s. I am shaving my dog tonight, but I will be sober. That's no guarantee it will turn out any better though! :H She currently looks like a LION!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thank you friends :l
                I've been thinking all day that it's a good thing that Diz just dropped dead suddenly & not lingered with some illness. He had something about two years ago that I thought was going to take him out but he rallied back with some TLC.
                Life does go on
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

So true Lav, life does go on :h

Without these sadnesses we would never know when we were happy.

Comment

Mick;1502820 wrote:
                    Kuya ..talking about horrors and animals..was listening yesterday to a report on a slaughterhouse in Australia.. apparently the cattle were killed in tragic conditions..all hooked up and some of them slipped off the hoists? tey wer then hacked with knives across the legs and hindquarters .disgusting maybe the owners of the premises should be called to account..literally
                    These sorts of things happen often.
                    When I was in college we had to see practice in abattoirs and I spent three weeks in a 'normal' one and two in a kosher abattoir ........

The kosher method was far more humane and respectful, each steer being dealt with individually, professionally and with prayer.

The conveyor lines at the industrial one was noisy and the animals were stressed, the procedures were haphazard and the workers were numbed to the job. Spending their last hours and then minutes like this was very cruel.

Unfortunately cultural prejudice allows mainstream thought to prevail and ancient practices fall from favour in pursuit of the mighty dollar.

Comment

Just found this footage ....... Problem is these men are probably husbands and fathers too

Demand CCTV in all slaughterhouses | TAKE ACTION

Comment

just checking in to say hi and got very sad reading these stories.....so bye for now
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

We do tend to go off topic quite a bit here mama - no worries
                          I think the majority of us here are big animal lovers & share some common beliefs.
                          I couldn't abuse an animal any more than I could abuse another person. It does make me wonder why I thought it was OK to abuse myself with AL for a number of years though
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I wonder the same thing Lav...
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I just used JC's date calculator & found I am 1509 days AF today. Pretty nice gift to myself

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey Lav! I will see if I can find that calculator!! That would be interesting to know how many days! Hope you are reaping the rewards of being a Mother today!! If you are half as good in real life as you are on here, your kids are lucky beyond measure!! Love you, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X