100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sumbeam!! 11 Months??!!! Where was I all this time? GREAT JOB!! You'll be getting your ONE YEAR 'Bird Award' here soon!! Keep it rolling! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

:H Byrdie!
      We are going to have to think about stocking your prize closet with some new & improved awards :H
      I can always send you a few chickens....some people may like them
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

OMG...RC your post was TOO FUNNY! I like the idea of hugging a chicken! Too bad we are not allowed to have chickens within city limits, or you KNOW what I'd be getting soon! LOL

My boy Jack is such a snuggle bunny...I love him so much. If only he would use the dog door....he's very skittish so I had to take off the rubber flap because the sound scared him. He'll come IN, he just won't go OUT...(and that's the real point of the door, isn't it?) lol
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 - I think I can teach a chicken to use a dog door ~ I'll let you know :H
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Yes Lav, please let me know how the chicken/dog door experiment goes! I really need Jack to figure out that he can go out whenever he wants to...as opposed to looking me dead in the eye and peeing on the rug (he doesn't even lift his leg, he's lazy. LOL)

My daughters poor chihuahua is just miserable right now...cowering in the closet all day. I try to bring her out and give her some attention but she's not having it. She's so pissed that she only had 2 weeks to be the only dog in the house. Poor thing. She'll be okay when Sierra gets home, that's the only person she loves!

Comment

You guys should see the chihuahua standing guard at my daughters bedroom door like she is some big bad ass...LOL...she's funny, and VERY protective of her room. I am continuing to work at getting her to be OK with Jack. Well, I sound like some old lady that has nothing better to talk about than her animals. Wait...is that what I am?

Comment

No K9, you are just a proud mama, telling us about the kids!! My Chihuahua will stand her ground with the biggest of dogs. I hope nobody tells her she can't! I'm so glad that you have a new family member...it's nuts how they have personalities!
                How is your foot feeling? Did you say whether or not you're going to need surgery?
                Thinking of you, 2013 has been a rotten year! xxoo, B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

I'm in the same boat K9 & Byrdie....
                  Talking about my dogs all the time, about the grandkids too but WAIT...
                  I talk about my Stellas too - now that's weird :H:H
                  You guys just can't beat that :H

I hope your foot is mending K9
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

It is kind of a sign of aging when you realize you and your friends talk about your pets the way you used to talk about your kids :H! I do it ALL the time.

You are lucky to have so many, Lav - pets (maybe even chickens!) are The Best . I hope I get to know about grand kids someday.

Comment

I have pictures of my dogs & chickens on my iPhone ,right along with the kid pics :H

Grandmotherhood has turned out to be a lot work but also a lot of fun!
                      When the first one was born nearly 5 years ago I knew I had to quit my bad habits if I was going to be able to spend any quality time with them I hope you do get your turn someday to put on the granny hat
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I'm wondering if any of you long termers have spouses or significant others who still drink. Mine does, and it is just so in my face how utterly boring and pointless drinking is.

DH never ever complained about my drinking when I drank and I haven't really said anything to him, but it does bother me when he gets so drunk that he's slurring his words and acting like a fool. I don't enjoy being around him when he's like that because it's worse than being alone. I can't talk to him or communicate anything meaningful, yet I feel responsible for his safety and well-being.

Maybe I just feel the need to vent since we spent this last weekend with an old friend of his, and the two men got so drunk they could barely walk and then both vomited throughout the night. Good times, right? :no:

Comment

Fly, gosh, you are right, that would bother me....A LOT. My hubs still drinks, but has never gotten out of control like that. He used to put his half glass of wine in the fridge right under my nose, and I quickly asked him to stop doing that. He keeps his booze out of my space. Do you think he has a growing AL problem? Maybe talk to him, if he gets defensive, that's your sign that maybe he does. That's how I used to react. Maybe ask him to have a little respect for you (and himself) by not doing that. See what happens. Nothing will happen if you don't say something.
                          I wish I knew what to tell you....but drinking like that isn't good for anybody (problem or not!!)
                          I'm hoping you will get some better answers than the one I'm offering....hugs, Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Oh he doesn't think he has a problem at all. I think that he thinks everyone drinks like he does. He even asked me if I wanted a beer at the first bar! It's been a fucking year and a half since I've had a sip of anything, and he's still got to ask that? It's just not fun for me at all.

He doesn't get shit-faced every night, but he has 2-5 drinks every night, occasionally more on the weekends. When he gets with others is when he gets out of control.

Comment

FlyAway I live with a very similar situation. I have no answer. I have talked until blue in the face. My hubby has agreed to try antabus to stop drinking. Yes he admits to a huge problem. I feel for you.
                              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

FlyAway, so nice to see you
                                Sorry your husband is so insensitive about AL. YES, I do know a bit about that.
                                Believe it or not, my husband (who hasn't lived here in just over 3 years) has been bringing beer here & leaving it in my garage fridge for his personal use
                                It doesn't tempt me in the least, it annoys me that's it taking up room for other things like egg storage. I am not focusing on him or the dumb shit he does anymore.....he's responsible for his problems, not me. Can you ask him to keep his stash somewhere out of your sight

LB, you are doing a tremendous job, we are all proud of you
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X