• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Wake up people!!!

Where is everyone???
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I'm here. Doing well .

Comment

I'm good, out digging in the dirt. Cloudy and 69 degrees is good weather for doing this.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I be here as well, working, enjoying, and doing the do.
          Next week is another wedding, a family member this time. I don't have to worry with alcohol thingy, my brothers and sister don't drink. 2 are AAers and the other stop for medical reasons. So it will be fun seeing everyone and no pressures. I have say, though, this summer I never cared (once I was in the wedding situation) that I wasn't drinking. It was the anticipation that was the worst.

Next week will be a different celebration, and actually every day is a celebration of being sober!

Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I'm here & busy as well
            I've been on the go for the last 15 hours, now I'm just sitting & doing nothing :H :H
            I have to agree Sam - every day sober is a good one!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Lav! I hope you had fun doing "nothing"....I have to say that's one of my favorite activities. LOL How are those baby chicks doing?

Let's make it a great sober day peeps! :l

Comment

Samstone;1563800 wrote: . I have say, though, this summer I never cared (once I was in the wedding situation) that I wasn't drinking. It was the anticipation that was the worst.

Hi, Sam -- I'm with you on this. I get all worried about upcoming events and then when they occur, it is no big deal. Part of me thinks I should quit being such a worrier and then another part wonders if the worrying gets me prepared for the event and that is what makes it easy .
                I should have a little more confidence in myself but that definitely is one of the things AL took from me. I can see I'm getting it back in many areas of my life. It will take longer with this, however, and that probably is a good thing.

And this for sure is the TRUTH:! ... and actually every day is a celebration of being sober!

Sam

Comment

Regarding tempting drinking opportunities, I am really happy with my adopted mindset that I don't want to drink. I will never know if it was really true when I started saying it. It sure is true now. It feels better to me than "I don't drink" or "I can't drink".
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I like both thoughts Sunbeam - don't drink & can't drink. Both very true

I just put chick pics on the Daily Abs thread if you want to see my kids :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Here's a blurry picture of Me and Jack....he was struggling to get away from me.

Jack:

Comment

Aw K9 your Jack is sweet! Nice photo of you both!
                        Newbies Nest
                        Toolbox
                        My accountability thread

Comment

K9, your Jack is a cutie
                          Years ago I had an English Springer Spaniel - she was THE most hyper dog I ever encountered. I ended up giving her to my parents so my Golden could have her 12 puppies in peace :H
                          After the puppies were gone I refused to take the Springer back :H
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Where have all the old timers gone?? :H :H

Heavy rain today & now it's suddenly cool enough to turn the AC off - weird weather
                            The chicks are loving their new, larger quarters, acting like big shots :H
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening all
                              had a spate with the internet gods here lately, but back on board.

Lav, we got a much needed rain, so wet all summer then no rain and hot for a month made everything very dry.Glad to see it cool off. Spent most of the day yesterday cleaning up gardens, planting a few things, and planting cover crops for winter.

K9, enjoyed your pictures.

Later
                              Sam
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Okay, so is there where the action is? :H Where have all the daily abbers gone, except for a few good old die-hards like Lav, Mick and Sam? I guess I had better pop on over here to stay in touch as well. Although, truth be told, I'm one of the offenders who is not a daily poster. It's good to see you all. Cute doggie, K9. Lav, you know how I feel about your chickies! The rain yesterday was glorious. I was beginning to feel stir crazy.

I'm happy because I just signed up for my final continuing education for this license-cycle for my profession. Glad to have that out of the way for another 2 years!

It is interesting. I'm not even thinking much of drinking these days. I think it is because I have pretty much put myself in non-drinking situations. I did go out with my daughter and her friend though on Friday to celebrate daughter's b-day. We sat at the bar, and while they both had AL drinks, I just had a virgin margarita, since I like the margarita mix and the salt. LOL It was a relief to get home to read my book and let them go about their own adventures.

Anyway, hugs for now. :l
                                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X