100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of MWO seems pretty quiet lately. Maybe everyone has been cured :H!

Comment

all 'cept the Nest, that seems very active these days. There are a lot of new folks which is good because I know there's more than just a few that drink "beyond their means", and they're reaching out.
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

NoSugar;1569774 wrote: All of MWO seems pretty quiet lately. Maybe everyone has been cured :H!
        It's a MIRACLE! :H

I think Sam is right...the Nest is hoppin' these days...it's normal as we head into Holiday season....
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

The Nest drama will go on forever I'm afraid BUT that's a good thing - means people are interested in quitting. I just wish there was some magic spell we could cast on the newbies to help them stick with their plans.
          Every time I've tried to leave the nest & stop posting there I end up getting yelled at :H so I keep going back. K9 & Byrdie & now NS have been very active & helpful there too

In the beginning I lived on MWO during the holidays. I just wanted to stay focused & keep this quit going, still do
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I can't imagine the nest without you!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Me, either, it's not the same without her. LAV IS the nest!!
              I'm with you, Lav, I don't know how we could paint the picture any more clearly....had a lot of falls lately. It does get frustrating that there's not more we can do or say....it really is everyone's path to find for themselves....wish I could save folks a LOT of heartache and despair, tho.
              Sam, I was thinking yesterday what a steadfast force you have become, too. You are always a joy to follow (I'm stalking you). Always, good solid, concise advise! You rock....we have a lot of rockers, actually! Good people here! XXOO, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Sam, I was just reading back, I think you've got an award coming! 150 days gets you this!!

:flyingunders:

GREAT JOB!!!
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks Brydie. I still look over my shoulder wondering where that dern beast might rear its ugly head. Don't think about what I miss any more, just know it is easy to fall. My alternative has been to see how much better I feel and the advantages of being sober.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Samstone 150 days that's fabulous congratulations! Good eye there Byrdie!

Being on MWO every night is what got me through the first crucial month. I feel I owe it to others to try to help them through the same. I too wish we could sprinkle magic dust and just give them a preview of what being free of ALL feels like. I think it would help newbies stay the course. But we are all on our own journeys I guess and some of us hit a lower rock bottom, some of us take longer to see the benefits.

Glad to have this thread to post to. It makes me feel old and wise LOL
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

So ~ Byrdie is a stalker :H :H
                      Well, at least we know now :H

Sam. congrats on 150 days! Sorry, I'm getting to old to count my own days let alone everyone else's Just keep hanging around & keep your focus, you'll be fine or know that we'll come after you :H

I really think success comes when you've made the commitment, a good solid plan & stay as connected to MWO as much as possible.

Amen!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Way to go Sam! Wear those flying underwear with pride! You deserve them

3June - I agree, I wish we could give all the newbies a glimpse into their AF future. It's not easy to get there, but it's SO worth it. I guess all we can do is what we already do...talk until we're blue in the face. lol

Hi NS!!

Byrdie and Lav - Thanks for being the rock solid voices that we all need...I owe more to both of you than you can know :h
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Sam, you hit on my strength over time, focusing on how much better my life is now. I truly don't want to drink. I could choose to have a glass or two at dinner tonight, but I don't want any. Threre would probably be no immediate fallout, but old habits die hard, and they would likely re-surface over time. That road is closed now, I am continuing on my new road because it it better. Even one glass holds no appeal for me. I smell my husband's empty wine bottle, and just say, "Ugh."
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Happy Sunday old timers :H

I'm about to embark on a fun-filled day of trimming overgrown shrubs around my house. Don't be jealous because my life is so exciting
                            Actually I am grateful to have the health & the energy to take care of business around here.
                            Keeping my quits is essential & a joy for me!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Have a great day with the girls, Lav!!
                              I am planning a hot date with the grocery store this afternoon, jealous?
                              Happy Birthday, K9!!! Hope this year is THE BEST for you! :h:h:h
                              Sunbeam, you are so right! ROAD CLOSED! I like that!
                              Sam, I love your posts! Yep, been stalking you! (sorry! not really.....)
                              Hugs to all, Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Aha..so this is where everyone is hiding is it...only me n Lav on the daily thread...thought maybe one of us hadnt showered ...and everyone had done one!!!!:H:H:H:H
                                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                                X