100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing is wrong with discussing the concept of moderate drinking. Making disrespectful comments about anyone or group on this site is always unacceptable.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

K9 - I'll FedEx the shoes to you right now so you can wear them to your interview :H
      Good luck!

I don't think I have ever commented on any of the mods threads. I used to look at them once in a while but had nothing to say. I am one of those people who believe that once you have crossed 'that line', there's no going back. For me, drinking part time is like smoking part time - can't be done easily, if at all. Don't forget even RJ decided that moderating was difficult & time consuming. The plain truth is that it's just easier to abstain
      I don't feel deprived or that I am missing anything. I just feel grateful to be relieved of that huge burden.

Sunbeam, I have noticed that some of the rudest, most disrespectful remarks come from folks who are obviously drinking when they post. Don't know why they bother
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Shhhhhh, I'm spying and dreaming of posting in this thread! . Only 61 more days to go! You guys are all so inspirational xx. PS See you in 61 days x
        AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Wine-no!;1572602 wrote: Shhhhhh, I'm spying and dreaming of posting in this thread! . Only 61 more days to go! You guys are all so inspirational xx. PS See you in 61 days x
          Hi, Wine-no, I see you :H:H:H!

Being able to post here was a draw for me, too. Everyone I admired most could post here - I think it serves as another great tool to keep us on track! We'll see you here just before Christmas! xx, NS

Comment

We're attracting spies on this thread??
            Better than flies I suppose :H :H
            We'll be happy to have you join us Wine-no!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Is everyone out at the pumpkin patch?? :H :H
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Saw a play with my sister today called 39 steps, an Alfred Hitchcock spoof. She gave me a beautiful glass pumpkin, which is now on my mantle.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

So Lav, you ever get rats living under or about your chickens? I've trapped, shot them but they seemed to always have replacement troops.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sunbeam, sounds like you had a good day ~ nice

Sam, no rats!
                    There are bunny rabbits living under & near my chicken house. The bunnies drive one of my dogs nuts too. Now I have seen a mouse or two inside but field mice are plentiful around here.
                    We also have the PA Black Snakes here aka black rat snakes - usually found near the woodpile next to the chicken house.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Rats, bunnies, snakes and mice oh my! LOL :H

When I was growing up we had a huge walk in bird avery in our backyard and I'd reach into the bins of bird food and little mice would run up my arm. I thought they were cute. I was the only one in the family that didn't mind all the mess and wildlife. LOL
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Yeah, well I have to be honest K9. The snakes kind of creep me out a bit
                        I keep telling myself they are 'serving a purpose' here. Don't think I'll ever get used to them though. Yuck, yuck & more yuck....
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

We bought this house approaching 10 years ago. We had a new furnace put in before we moved in, they found lots of snake skins. We find a snake inside our house a couple of times per year. Other people on this side of the street also have them. We catch them outside and put them in a coffee can, then take them down the road to release them. I don't particularly like them, but we love the house and location, we're not moving.

Comment

The only thing the snakes do in our chicken area is eat eggs and sometimes kill the baby chicks. Not too long ago I found a baby "copperhead" in my closet. After killing it, upon closer inspect and a little research, it was a baby black racer, I had no idea that they were marked that way. An old farm house I rented years ago had a boat load of snakes in it. Found one on my bed after work, when I was working a nightshift job. Bout a 4-5 foot rascal. My tolerance level for those guys in my house is rather low!!
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Don't think I'm not looking for snakes every time I walk out the door around here!!!

I found the near 5 ft long black snake in my chicken house exactly 3 years ago when my chicks were about the same age as my current flock.

Here's my 7 week old mini chickens today

AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I like to think my dog would alert me to the presence of an unwanted animal in the house...but he's kinda dopey....plus he'd just run and get behind me anyway. LOL
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X