Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

NoSugar;1595094 wrote: Hi, TJAF

I thought the L-Gln was much more effective for sugar than AL. Or maybe for whichever one you do first??

Hope it helps!

there is a Sugar-free (however you define it) roll-call that a few people post on: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...all-81267.html. You'd be welcome to join in .
    I like my L-Gin with an olive and a bit of vermouth and I have to disagree. I think it would do wonders for AL cravings.:H
    Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Behave yourself TJ or you will be subjected to :b&d: & :bat

You know we're serious long termers around here :H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:H:H:H

Gin with an L-Glut chaser!! Aye, aye, aye.....believe it or not, I've seen folks do similar things on here in the name of QUITTING! It's sad and funny how we deceive ourselves! Good one, TJ! (a joke is always in order!!!) And Lav with a whip and a ball bat!!! Bahahaha!!! xo
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Lavande;1595302 wrote: I didn't use any L-Glut when I stopped drinking NS.
          But I sure needed it to kick the sugar habit - that was nasty. Just grateful it worked or I would be weighing 400 pounds by now :H :H
          Oh dear lord! I think I single handily kept the electricity turned on at both the Cosmic brownie, and the Charms Blow pops factory back when I quit.

Shoulda just ate sugar out the bag with a spoon :H
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

You are pretty funny, guys.

I see I used the "science" abbreviation for glutamine (Gln) in instead of the MWO-abbreviation (Glut).

Sorry about that.

Comment

I knew that Ns but not so sure about some of the others :H :H

It was very strange for ME to suddenly develop that sugar thing. I really am not a huge fan of sweet stuff. I like my coffee & tea straight up & can pass up desserts easily enough. I'm just glad the L-Glut did the job for me
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

NoSugar;1595508 wrote: You are pretty funny, guys.

I see I used the "science" abbreviation for glutamine (Gln) in instead of the MWO-abbreviation (Glut).

Sorry about that.
                NS couldnt resist! :H
                Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Happy Saturday everyone!
                  What's on your to do list to stay out of trouble today?
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav, Christmas cards!

I also think I've figured out what things I'm going to bake or make for the several upcoming events. I've been to three stores looking for shoestring licorice for tails on cute little mouse cookies (as in night before Christmas). I'd better stop nibbling though, or they will be tail-less.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam, believe it or not I have found Walmart to be a good source for little decorative candy things. Who knew?
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi everybody,

I had a rather amazing experience Friday at our company Christmas party. The party was during the day, lunch at a wine bar (there was food too). I did good at the wine bar, ordered tea instead (it was cold 0 degrees or something outside). Then all the drunks went to another bar afterward. I went along and had a club soda and lime. The miraculous part is I had fun, most everybody around me was drinking (one guy from India went along and didn't drink alcohol either). I did leave a bit early (had to pack for a vacation I'm on now, and do a little work back at the office). I guess I also skipped out on the bill, oh well - I don't think it's that much of a social faux pas to have the drunks cover my $2.00 club soda.

Last year at the same party I didn't go the after party. Naturally the guy in the office who is the biggest drinker sat next to me and begged me to do shots with him. I drank my club soda and said no thanks. Then after we left I stuck close to one of the managers who doesn't drink, and phycially put him in between myself and the drunks going to the after party as we all walked by the 'after party' and said 'no thanks'.

Anway, just thought I'd share my experience Friday. After 2.5 years of being sober it seems I can be social with drinkers, but still need to follow some guidelines (mostly having an out, and being able to leave when I need to seems to be the theme).
                        Soberity Date - 7/11/11

Comment

Thanks for sharing that, Sammy, and even though you are used to this new life, it sounds like you are remaining vigilant, as we all need to do :goodjob:.

Comment

Hi Friends,

Lav, to be late answering your question, we went and picked out our Christmas tree yesterday and decorated it. My daughter loves doing that because she gets to pick it out. Today we are going sledding after she gets up from her nap.

Sammy, I haven't attended anything like that since quitting, but I can picture it becoming pretty annoying. I guess I could "make an appearance" if it was the company party, just to see my friends a bit, but I wouldn't feel like hanging out either. It's not my idea of social anymore.

Well, she's waking up now, so we'll start piling on the snow pants and that whole deal!

Have a great AF Sunday, friends.
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Hello all,
                              Made it to 100 AF days and I am so proud of myself...thought it was time to pop in here and say HI!!
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Great to see you here, Dottie!!! :l

Comment

Working...
                                X