100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job, Dottie. Just thrilled for you!
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Welcome Dottie

sammy, I have to agree - I don't much care what people are or are not drinking but if I want to leave I will leave
      You did great btw

Sunbeam, I stopped sending Christmas cards two years ago, not even sure why. Getting lazy I think!

Pinecone, I used to love it when the kids got all excited about getting a tree - those are the best times. Grateful to be fully present for all that, huh?

Hi there NS!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I thought GLUTs were your butt muscles?
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Dottie, congrats and welcome to this thread.

Lav, I mostly just send Christmas cards to my cousins and 6 niece/nephews. Now that my parents and their siblings are gone, it is one of the few family ties I have left.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Welcome Dottie! I am SO proud of you!!! Wish I could hug you in person!!

I decided some years ago that I just wasn't going to do Christmas cards anymore. I HATE doing them! The thing is, I enjoy getting them...I may have to break down and send some this year. I reckon I'm going to have to participate a bit, huh? I have a drawer full of them that I've gotten on sale. UGG, so much to do....and running out of time!

Hum bug. xo, B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

I send very few Christmas cards..usually send one to dh's son and daughter and give mone to my dad. Put a few in the mailboxes of friends at church and that is all...I also have ones I bought on sale..love the end of season bargains..
              I have a subscription to an ecards site that have some beautiful ones. I send those to lots of folks and I get some from them too. Maybe a little impersonal but I do put a personal note in them all..new age new technology....that is my excuse and I am sticking to it.
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

K9Lover;1596753 wrote: I thought GLUTs were your butt muscles?
                K9 Gluts are your butt muscles until you eat all the sugar NS warns us about and then they become Glut Maximus.
                Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

way to go to Dottie!!!!
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

TJAF;1596841 wrote: K9 Gluts are your butt muscles until you eat all the sugar NS warns us about and then they become Glut Maximus.
                    I guess I should put down this cake I'm eating....I'm definitely headed towards Maximus status! :bum:
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi friends,

Like you, Byrdie, I really enjoy getting Christmas cards, but I hate sending them out. I have a guilty feeling that I'm missing someone and sure enough I always do. Watching some (screened) Christmas shows with my daughter it is apparent to me that Christmas has a real pathos about disappointment and unfulfilled expectations going on (supposed to, supposed to, supposed to...). I do love the season, but I also love when it's over. It is a real blast with a little one though.
                      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Lav
                        how'd you fare in the last weather "event"? We lost power all day. Came back about 8 tonight.
                        Sam
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sam, didn't lose power here for a change - yet
                          More snow due tomorrow morning, another 4-6 inches they say.
                          Glad your power is back on, I hate not being able to flush a toilet :H
                          We actually did have a big generator installed right after we built this house & endured 4 days with no power. But it doesn't cover my work shop or the ovens in my kitchen & other big stuff. But it is nice to be able to get a glass of water when you want one
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lavande;1596926 wrote: or the ovens in my kitchen
                            Ovens plural?:H

Comment

Lav
                              I had a generator panel wired up this summer. Had water, refrig, and a few lights, I have a gas camp stove so it wasn't too bad. We're suppose to get some snow tomorrow as well. Probably won't amount to much, just more mess than anything. Chickens don't like it!
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Same here Sam. The generator does give me water, refrig & some lights. I have a big propane tank buried in my front yard & it feeds the generator automatically BUT it will empty the tank pretty quickly too & you know what that costs!!!!
                                I went out & shoveled a path for the chickens yesterday so they could get out a bit. My chickens will not walk on snow! Guess I'll be doing the same today when this storm ends, yay!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X