100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, the hardest part is done. Now just the cleanup for clients left. Sober Christmas is wonderful. We had a great day.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Our holiday was lovely and peaceful. I hope you all can also find peace.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

It was a peaceful day here Sunbeam
        But, my 5 yr old grandson has just figured out how to send me text messages. He gets his mother to help him with the spelling :H Oh boy, another phase has started :H
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Christmas is in the books and I made it. Yippie! Thank you all
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

:goodjob: TJAF and congrats on your 150 days!

Comment

WOW! Congrats on 150 TJ - looks good on you
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thanks Lav. This holiday was harder than I thought it would be. I'd been cruising along and then wam straight into holiday party mode. Didnt help that there was copious amounts of booze everywhere. Staring at the bottles was like an out of body experience. I kept thinking why not! It really is a testiment to this forum cause if I hadnt become part of this community I'd of broke. I just didnt want to post a new Day 1. Thanks again folks

:dancin:
                Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

TJAF, I feel the same...it would have been easy to say, 'I'll just start over', but having been part of this forum for so long, I see EXACTLY what happens and it's not pretty. Some people never recover from a fall and I don't want to be one of them. I do not have another quit in me! A temporary 'out of body' experience is peanuts compared to trying to get back up from a fall. I'll take that any day of the week! Congrats on your 150 days!

:flyingunders:

Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Way to go there TJAF!!
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

What's everyone up to this weekend?
                      I just got the person who trashed my garage to clean it out - I win :H :H
                      It's actually a nice day out - tomorrow is a big rain day!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I am watching a Monk marathon and just chilling and loving it! All the Christmas is put away and the laundry is all washed and folded, the house is clean, too.

Remembering it was one year ago today that I rushed to my dad's side after he was hospitalized for pneumonia. Ugg. Using the same skills that brought me this far in the sober game .... Pushing out the bad thoughts and replacing them with ones of gratitude.

Rain coming this way, too. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!!! Xo, Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie
                          you mentioned not having another quit in you... boy does that ring true. This is my 3rd long quit. One time for several years, I don't remember how many, and then the spiral downward started. It took me about 5 years to stop again this past May and a boatload of BS along the way. I just hope like hell this is the last time. My intention is it will be the last time so there's that. I really want the past to remain that way!! Not caving, just putting it out there.
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I doubt that any of us have another quit waiting in the wings. This HAS to be the last one. I intend to make it last forever
                            Maybe we need to start yet another thread.....The Last Quit Forever thread!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I agree Sam and Lav, relapse is NOT part of my plan. i worry as I see so many that have chosen to drink after an extended period, someone mentioned it in the nest the other day. It seems like relapse is almost expected, but I don't think it has to be. i worry that this thought gets planted and the next thing you know we get the Feckits. I worry that people think it is inevitable. I dont believe that. I think it is well within our control to be forever sober people and I plan to hang out with others who believe that, too! ( no oressure, Lav!). Xo, B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

"we get the Feckits" I love that byrdlady...so true but not for me this time....I have 120 hard earned fought for days tomorrow....going back is NOT an option. No one said this would be easy but so worth it...
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X