100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy new year everyone,let's keep up the fight and keep winning the battles.
    Alcohol free since 13th January 2009

Comment

Happy New Year!

2013 seemed like one of the longest of my life while it was happening - I guess that comes from taking things day by day by day. Thanks for helping me through it :l.

Best wishes for a wonderful 2014 to all of you!

Comment

Vynan and DreamTD, thank you for the good wishes and I KNOW that you both will be here in no time! What is your date to get entry? Have you counted it out? Let us know and we will cheer you on! When I was coming along...we really didn't celebrate such things, but there was someone who was ahead of me that did it, Wendy, and I thought that was such a wonderful GOAL....100 DAYS...so I counted out my days and it landed on April 29, 2011...which happened to be Prince William and Kate's wedding day! Things really changed after that...I felt as if I had really arrived. The day to day cravings weren't there (thank God above!!) and it was just a matter of rinsing and repeating. The new habits were in place and I just had to continue my journey with like minded people. So many of the folks I started with have fallen away and sadly most have not maintained an AF status. I look at what successful people do here, the people with YEARS of sobriety...I look at Lav...she is active here and she has done as well as anyone I've ever seen. So I'm gonna do what she does, and so far, so good! (no pressure, Lav) Stay connected here or somewhere! The world out there is telling us something totally different than what we know we must do. Besides, I consider so many folks here genuine friends! So I WANT to stay connected to them!
        Happy New Year to all! xo, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Happy new year everyone! It's an honor to share this space with all of you. Thanks for being here!
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Happy January 2 everyone!

Awaiting a bunch of snow today & I didn't even order any :H

I'm happy to see some newbies & others popping in to say hello!
            Getting those first 100 days under your belt may seem long & tedious but you'll never be sorry, I promise
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

It's supposed to drop down to zero tonight. I think there's a pretty good chance of that happening because it's just past 7 pm & already down to 9 degrees
              Hope everyone is staying warm & toasty!!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

125 days and I feel like I am back at the first week. Cravings like crazy and a flat feeling like is this all there is?? The crappy weather doesn't help either...14 degrees and more snow on the horizon..dam I hate this...I want this to get better so I don't crave and i was getting to the point that I didn't think about it all the time but the past few days have been horrible....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

For what it's worth, Dottie, I felt pretty down and sick of the whole thing at about the same time. Maybe the thrill of success has faded and now you have to get used to regular life without AL. At this point, you've got way too much invested to give it up because of some stupid bad feelings. They pass.

Even though you hate the cold, maybe you could bundle up tomorrow and go for a long walk to clear your head. Or find someone on MWO who seems to need a friend and send them an encouraging PM. Run errands for a neighbor who could use some help. Create something. Accomplish a task. The main thing I do is keep in mind how even the littlest things in my life are better because I don't drink.

If none of those ideas sound good, just ride it out knowing that you've made the right decision, even if it isn't always easy :l.

Comment

NS thanks....I know it will pass...I agree with what u said....
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie, do what Byrdie does, bake a cake for someone & surprise them
                      It's a great tool & helps your take your mind off yourself.
                      As I mentioned before, spend the $8/month & watch what you like, when you like - it's an awesome diversion
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Dottie, helping others always helps yourself.

When I'm a little down, I read the inspiring stories and strategies on the toolbox thread. There is always something there that gives me strength.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Went to visit dad today and he liked the new shoes we got him...took the second pair back. Did a little shopping therapy for me...feel better.
                          I dont bake at all...but I do volunteer so need to get back on that.
                          They are predicting 4-8 inches of snow..I sure hope they are wrong.
                          Football playoff game for the home team tomorrow...that will keep me going for the afternoon. Going to make a pot of chili for the game so we have something to eat..
                          The sun was out today and that sure helped too...just one long day of being in the dumps but today is better....glad I didn't dive into the wine barrel....
                          Thanks everyone!
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie
                            glad you didn't dive in there, too. You've done hard work to get where you are and you've done well to stay there!
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Dottie, The pressure, stress & worry disappeared once I finally accepted that AL is never the answer to life's problems. Never!
                              Deliberately changing my reactions to stress has been the biggest help. Accepting that I cannot control anything or anyone - yep, that was a biggie
                              I like the idea of stepping back & just being an observer. Observe a situation, think of how you used to react then take a new & better path.
                              Drinking never 'fixed' any problem in the past & it sure won't now or in the future!!!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav
                                this has been my big awakening, That AL is not a part of what I do any more. I know for some the forever thing is very taboo and I don't put it in terms of forever, it is more that I just don't so I don't have to worry with whether to have a drink or not. I would be lying if I said I never think about it, of course I do, it is all around us but the fighting debating thing finally subsided when just decided my life is so much better without.
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X