Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Good morning friends,

Hi Kuya, it's great to hear that you have been well!

Thanks for the well wishes re puppy training! We are having a lot of fun with the new pup. She is getting me outside often so I'm getting loads of fresh air.

LC, just before my two year anniversary, I started to have an irrational fear that I was going to drink. I posted about it in the "Well that didn't take long..." thread. I truly didn't want to drink but it bothered me to have those thoughts. I began to try to figure out what was going on which made me think about it even more. In the end all that thinking about thinking about drinking was really counter productive. I should have just taken the sage advice to just push the thoughts out of my head! Let's not reinvent the wheel here! We don't need to know what's going on it's simple: we are alcoholics and it's a sneaky ba$tard! All that wasted thinking, I could have learned a new recipe or something instead!

Hi Samstone, I like coffee an awful lot too!
    Sweetpea great to see you!
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Amen to this! I just do what Lav is doing! She hasn't led me astray yet!! :H
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Pinecone;1615298 wrote: Good morning friends,

Hi Kuya, it's great to hear that you have been well!

Thanks for the well wishes re puppy training! We are having a lot of fun with the new pup. She is getting me outside often so I'm getting loads of fresh air.

LC, just before my two year anniversary, I started to have an irrational fear that I was going to drink. I posted about it in the "Well that didn't take long..." thread. I truly didn't want to drink but it bothered me to have those thoughts. I began to try to figure out what was going on which made me think about it even more. In the end all that thinking about thinking about drinking was really counter productive. I should have just taken the sage advice to just push the thoughts out of my head! Let's not reinvent the wheel here! We don't need to know what's going on it's simple: we are alcoholics and it's a sneaky ba$tard!
        All that wasted thinking, I could have learned a new recipe or something instead!

Hi Samstone, I like coffee an awful lot too!
        Sweetpea great to see you!
        Hi Pinecone - thanks for the hallo and Sunbeam, Lav, Lifechange, Byrdie, NS, Kuya and all,

Hope yis don't mind a lurker poppin-in?!

Interesting Pinecone- but when I think of the future and being AF- I still have a fear of relapse. Remaining AF just seems impossible at times to me. It helps to come here, read and remember the importance of just today, being AF today. So simple when I look at it that way.

My brother is getting married in March- it will be the first wedding in my immediate family- big deal...ye know? Anyway, my thoughts have been going to that day, like what happens if...I want a drink? If I forget that I have a problem? Must remember what you have said in bold there- I am an alcoholic, I cannot safely drink!

Enjoy the new pup- kinda jealous here, would so love one myself but just wouldn't have the time required to care for a dog. What breed is he/she?

Comment

So many great posts today and yesterday...there are so many eloquent writers here. I get so much from reading each post.
          I feel like I have turned a corner...thoughts about drinking are fewer each day...maybe I have just finally resolved that it is not possible for me any longer...whatever it is I am grateful..huge exhale!
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

And THAT is what it's all about! DB, I am so proud and happy for you! Getting that distance is the key! Xxooo, B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Lavande;1615289 wrote: Nice to see you here kuya
              You have done quite well on your own but having a safe place to hang out once in a while is nice too!

)
              Sadly Lav it does NOT feel safe!

Also I have remained happily sober, including over the most testing period of xmas......I would call that doing VERY well!

Within minutes of making my first two posts Caper refers to me as 'the personification of evil' and in spite of reporting it TWICE it has STILL not been removed!

I have added it to my signature to defuse my feelings but it confirms ALL the reasons I was intellectually unsafe here.

What is wrong with the moderators here?

I actually felt quite sad yesterday and realised that it was no longer a positive place for me.

I miss a lot of people BUT the 'crazies' seem to have the floor.

Comment

Kuya,

The viscous posts are extreme outliers in the threads I read and for the most part they are ignored by the people who post there - regular, kind people who are trying so hard to go about the business of getting and staying sober and helping others do the same.

Did you notice that absolutely no one acknowledged the hurtful post in the Ladies on a Mission thread? None of us have the time, interest, or energy for toxic BS.

Those posts reflect only on their authors - not on the target of the abuse or on others who post in a particular thread or on MWO.

The moderators clearly take a hands off approach most of the time. Their choices also do not reflect the opinions of all people who post here. It is a shame if relationships are lost or damaged because of the actions and posts of others who aren't even part of those relationships.

xx- NS

Comment

NS

Of course this is no reflection on the members, most of whom would be merely dumbfounded and confused.

Perhaps there were no moderators over the weekend.

We shall see.

Comment

I don't know if there are moderators here any more. I reported a post awhile ago, never got a response. Previously I received a response even if my request was not honored. So Kuya, it is not that only you are being ignored.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I was just on another forum I belong to and realized I joined it Jan 2004...so it has taken me 10 years to get this...sad but true....but at least I have gotten it...just thinking about this tonight.
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie, no matter how long it took you've got it now baby - hold on tight

kuya, 5 years ago I started on a mission to change my thinking to POSITIVE & keep it there. Posts from psychos like caper just bounce off me. PMs from caper don't bother me either. A psycho is a psycho & they're annoying as hell but I don't let them get to me. It's a lot like working in a psych ward in a hospital :H
                        Ignore that crazy stuff & just be yourself. Most of us really appreciate you & all you have done
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Dottie, this is the only alcohol forum I've used, look at my start date. We are in the same boat. The only thing that matters is that we learned a lot along the way, gradually improved our lives, and finally figured out how to quit for good.

I am so content right now. I took a trip to a craft store and bought some new yarns for scarves. I also picked up some lovely silver and gold mercury glass for a buck each, on the 90 % off sale rack. Sitting by the gas thermostatically controlled fireplace with the dog at my feet, watching the snow fall.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

AND that snow of yours Sunbeam will be arriving at my house Tuesday afternoon! I'm ready!
                            Glad you are warm & cozy
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Snow here starting at midnight or so....here we go again...aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Lavande;1615802 wrote:
                                kuya, 5 years ago I started on a mission to change my thinking to POSITIVE & keep it there. Posts from psychos like caper just bounce off me. PMs from caper don't bother me either. A psycho is a psycho & they're annoying as hell but I don't let them get to me. It's a lot like working in a psych ward in a hospital :H
                                Ignore that crazy stuff & just be yourself. Most of us really appreciate you & all you have done
                                You are soooooo right. It was just the timing that threw me.

She has been PMing today ( as you know) trying to be smart. What a nutter!

I am ready to move on now....but may leave her quote in my signature as a warning to others!

Comment

Working...
                                X