Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Welcome, Jim

I'm so sorry you are facing a lay-off. The sober you will be able to handle it better and find a solution so thank goodness you stopped drinking when you did. We had some family changes in the middle of 2013 that would have been really difficult for me if I had still been drinking and because I wasn't, were in many ways positive. Sometimes we're really fortunate on the timing of things. And for stopping drinking, it is never too soon (or too late, for that matter ).

Comment

Samstone;1620793 wrote: I stayed up all night one time to see if I snored and I didn't
      Snort
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Welcome Jim & Congrats on the 102 AF days!
        You may not know this yet but the longer you remain AF the stronger you become!
        I say this because I had to face some major challenges/changes myself nearly 4 years ago. I had no idea how strong I had become. Try not to look too much into the future. it really is saner to approach life one day at a time
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Jim welcome and congratulations. Never let your guard down. The voices will tell you it's ok now, you've licked it, one won't hurt, you really weren't that big a drinker etc etc. it's all bullshit, of course.

Sorry about getting your notice. I'm 55 too, can't imagine what you're feeling but I hope you can trust that this will open new doors and new adventures. Have faith!
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Jim I am so sorry about the lay off..I have been there...I was almost 40 then..not easy but I did move on. There is life after a lay off and maybe something u never considered....hang on to your sobriety,
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have a tendency to "what if"...... until I go crazy. I have to look at this one day at a time, and try my best to find a new job. If I look too far down the road.... all I am seeing is doom and gloom. I need to stay focused on my sobriety and take each day as it comes.
              I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Jim, welcome and congrats in reaching this milestone. The job world can be difficult, but you have a lifetime of experience that I hope someone will value.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

WineBeGone
                  so glad you made it and are here. No matter what your situation may be, it will never be better'd by AL. Good on you for focusing on your sobriety.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Happy Groundhog Day, Happy Super Bowl Sunday & whatever else we are celebrating today.

325 million gallons of beer predicted to be consumed today - ugh!
                    Glad none of us will be participating in that hangover activity
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

If they'd only give the money spent on beer to the Samstone Whatsamatteru Charity Organization!! I, as president of SWCO, would share with all MWO members!!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Samstone;1621829 wrote: If they'd only give the money spent on beer to the Samstone Whatsamatteru Charity Organization!! I, as president of SWCO, would share with all MWO members!!
                        :H:H Nice idea Sam!

Comment

Samstone;1621829 wrote: If they'd only give the money spent on beer to the Samstone Whatsamatteru Charity Organization!! I, as president of SWCO, would share with all MWO members!!
                          That's MY favorite charity, too!! :H:H:H
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

NO super bowl parties for us today...will watch the big game in my jammies...really like the commercials more than the game...it becomes background noise more than anything...
                            More dam snow predicted for tomorrow..I am so done with winter....but it is not done with us just yet...I am so glad to not be drinking at it or because of it....feels really good...I am so grateful to be here with all you wonderful and supportive folks!!
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I look forward to my usual Monday, at the pool swimming laps by 6:00 a.m. Today I will enjoy hearing a local sing the Super Bowl Star Spangled Banner. I think I've already seen the best Super Bowl commercials on Facebook.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Snow day here - AGAIN!
                                C'mon Spring
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X