Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Welcome and congrats, Elvis.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi! Just lurking...see you all on May 12th.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Elvis;1631069 wrote: Day 104 for me.
        Come on guys. Do I have to be the one? Guess so....wait for it... Elvis is in the building.
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

K9Lover;1631219 wrote: Same here Byrdie. But funnily enough my bank statement had SPEEDY LIQUOR on it every damn day. Imagine how I felt when I was thinking of buying a house and had to give the lender a detailed 30 day overview of my account. :egad:
          Speaking of this, how nice is it to not see the liquor stores, corner stores, random bars, on our bank statements every other line?

I've recently been doing monthly budgets and I'm easily saving hundreds a month by not buying alcohol. Now all that money is going to healthy food and supplements

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm limited to 4 images in my signature, that's why the :moon: and :goodtime: get brackets. I earned them, so they stay, but I can't say I'm sad at all whenever I get to replace a old smiley with a shiny new one!
            11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Elvis;1631671 wrote: Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm limited to 4 images in my signature, that's why the :moon: and :goodtime: get brackets. I earned them, so they stay, but I can't say I'm sad at all whenever I get to replace a old smiley with a shiny new one!
              Pretty stingy on the icons in signatures... :H! Congratulations on your collection anyway - keep it up!

Comment

Yep TJ - Elvis IS in the building :H :H
                And I'm very glad he is too!
                Stick around now that you've earned your spot Elvis

Is anyone else getting as sick & tired of this winter as I am? GEEZ
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Byrdie I sure am! It's ridiculously cold. All I seem to do is go to work and back. It's too damn cold to want to do anything else!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Lav it is 19 and more snow this weekend....I want to run away to someplace warm..NOW!!!!
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Elvis, my man!! a late welcome on my part. Glad you're here!!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Yay Elvis...glad you're here!

We got about a 1/2" of rain last night..woot woot! With more this weekend. Our poor dried out landscape doesn't know what hit it. Now the problem is mudslides. Geesh.
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Welcome Elvis!
                          I was sorta hoping for a 'Thank you. Thank you very much.'

Just poking in to wave a quick :hallo:
                          Feeling very zombiesque but this shall pass, too.

Carry on!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I am moved to rhyming....it just happens sometimes.

Elvi come and Elvi go.
                            But there's one thing that you should know.
                            we want you around for your years of gold...
                            So hang with us, your place, we'll hold!

PS, Elvi is the plural of Elvis. xo, B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

skullbabyland;1631601 wrote: Speaking of this, how nice is it to not see the liquor stores, corner stores, random bars, on our bank statements every other line?

I've recently been doing monthly budgets and I'm easily saving hundreds a month by not buying alcohol. Now all that money is going to healthy food and supplements
                              I'm saving money too but its going to donuts and ice cream. Good news though NS, the sugar kick is finally starting to wane. Truth is though, I'd just as soon eat a dozen donuts a day than go back to a fifth of vodka.
                              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

TJAF;1632058 wrote: Truth is though, I'd just as soon eat a dozen donuts a day than go back to a fifth of vodka.
                                Believe it or not, me too . I'm pretty dang happy without both, though, and plan to keep it that way!

Comment

Working...
                                X