Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Byrdie's "Elvi" poem was too funny. :H

And since we're wishing for things, I'll take a huge bag of Cheese Doritos!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1632098 wrote: Byrdie's "Elvi" poem was too funny. :H

K9 the thin crispy curls or the big fluffy ones that stick to the roof of your mouth? MMMM Either one good in their own way
      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

TJAF;1632122 wrote: K9 the thin crispy curls or the big fluffy ones that stick to the roof of your mouth? MMMM Either one good in their own way
        You're thinking of CHEETOS... there's either regular or Cheese Puffs...but hell yeah, another one of my faves....and yes, I'll eat the whole bag. :yukko: Have you noticed how the PUFFS tear up the roof of your mouth and it hurts the next day? lol
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I've gained 3.7 pounds since I got back from Costa Rica. It is so frigging cold here I can't do anything but go to work and bundle up under the covers on the couch. Ugh, well at least February is nearly done!
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

I'm usually outside when the weather is the least bit hospitable, but we will be below zero again tonight. A local Tv weather guy said this was the sixth arctic incursion, with record lows set each time. We are 40 degrees below average today. Ugh, I am dying to get back outside and move around.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Me to sun....coldest winter...17F now and more snow on the way this weekend...I need a walk in the sunshine!!!
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

K9Lover;1632098 wrote: Byrdie's "Elvi" poem was too funny. :H

HA! I read Doritos and thought Cheetos.

I'm still amazed that at 9:30 I'm not shit faced! What a world... a cold one at the moment but what a world.
                Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Today's Day 120 sober for me. 4 whole months AF- haven't done that since, well... ever. Last time I was sober this long was when I was a kid who hadn't yet picked up a beer

Comment

Congratulations, Skull. Your posts make it clear how good you feel. It is amazing to have a new lease on life, isn't it? All the best, NS

Comment

Thanks, NoSugar- and I'll say congratulations back to YOU on 400 days- that's so unbelievably fantastic. You're like a superhero!!! Very inspiring.

Comment

Well, thanks, back to you. Sometimes on Sundays I check my progress on JC's SuperSober thread. I must admit I was surprised (but pleased ) last Sunday when I saw how close 400 was. Time AF used to pass so slowly but now seems like an exponential function - I'm sort of wishing it would slow down a bit now so I could enjoy it for a long, long time.

Comment

Skull and NoSugar, You guys are on fire!
                          nfire:

GREAT JOB!!!
                          Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer to the end it gets the faster it goes!

Now if we can just get some spring going around here!! BRRRRRR. Who's in charge of that?! If I get my hand on that groundhog.....B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Congrats to both of you, NS and SkullBaby. I only count months, I hit 18 tomorrow.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

HS and Sculbaby - outstanding job!!!
                              AF since 10/20/2013
                              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                              Meat free since 09/20/2008
                              ---------------------------------------
                              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

6 months March 1st..holy moley.....I just can not fathom that......but here I am...WooHoo!!!
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X