100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I was jetting off to some place warmer - geez!!!!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

and the beat goes on and on and on.... daughter runs over a clump of snow yesterday that had something hard in it, punctured the gas tank..... gas everywhere. Every day, every day I have the straight and natural blues.
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Aww geez Sam - sorry about the gas tank
        Did I ever tell you the story about my son (driving my car) rear-ending a car driven by my daughter (driving another family car)? All this happened about two blocks away from home. The lady at the insurance company just laughed when I called to report the incident :H
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav
          that's pretty dang funny. Got it fixed to the tune of $400. My daughter still can't find a job so.....
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Just checking in, feeling a little down lately but celebrating over nine months AF now!
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

I can't believe the insurance company paid for the repairs on both cars Sam :H

June, what's going on? A case of the end of the winter blues? If so - you have a lot of company
              CONGRATS on your AF time! Maybe it's time to treat yourself to a little something nice. New Spring clothes maybe??
              Personally, I can't wait for a break in the weather. I just want to get outside & get reacquainted with my garden
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

June - over 9 months!!! Very cool. For me it is 136 days today, but I noticed I am loosing track of days... Is it a good sign???
                AF since 10/20/2013
                Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                Meat free since 09/20/2008
                ---------------------------------------
                With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

1808 AF days for me today Myluck.
                  I don't count days - just use the calculator once in a while when I'm curious
                  Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates

How's it going today 3June? Any better?
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav, it be nice if insurance would pay for something, I don't want to go down that road....I pay but don't seem to collect.

The internet is an amazing thing, duration calculator and the tips of your finger tips. I haven't been keeping tract either but it's nice to know every once in awhile. I'm just dang happy not to feel like crap every morning, guilt, etc.

hope everyone enjoys your day in your own way

Sam
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning, all!
                      Hey 3J!!
                      I hit a real flat spot between 4 and 9 months that I thought would NEVER end. I felt stuck in a time warp....I WAS so much better, but I still didn't have the euphoria that I did in the first few months...I knew I had no choice but to continue forward and I'm so glad I did. Of course, I didn't ask you if this was AL related, or if you are just having a blue spell. Maybe coming back home to reality after such a wonderful vacation is anticlimactic? It's good to talk about anyway, get it out of you and on to paper!

Hope you feel better....any big plans for the weekend? My niece and her bottomless pit BF are visiting for a week! Last time they came I ran to the store and got all kinds of cookies and snacks and 8 or 10 sugary drinks and YooHoos and stuff and by the next day it was all GONE! I'm not stocking up this time, I have some things, but if they want more they will have to go get it. Wish us luck!!

Hugs to all! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

I need to talk about it..thanks for being there.

So last night it hit me. I am doing with food what I did with AL. Using it to stuff me up, fill my time, make me groggy and then I pass out. Last night I left dishes, left my make up on, fell into bed almost like I was drunk. WTF?

Every day I tell myself today will be different. I won't eat 4 ice cream bars before bed and end up with a tummy ache. I won't lie on the couch all night watching stupidness on the TV. I will get to the gym, go for a walk, do some yoga. Then every day turns out the same. I am exhausted by the end of my work day. I am too tired to think of something healthy for supper. We order in. I stuff myself. I eat a minimum of 2 ice cream bars (why do I keep buying them?) and I watch mindless TV until I pass out.

This is so reminiscent of being a drunk I can't believe it. So I guess I have to tackle it int he same way, right? Throw out the ice cream bars. Step away from the TV. Talk to my husband about it. (he is quite happy with this lifestyle I think)

The days are getting longer and the sun is out. I hate winter, I really don't belong here but for the next few years until I retire I have to be here. So I have to fix this. I've gained 5 pounds since I got back from Costa Rica. I don't want to buy a new wardrobe. Well I do, but I'd prefer it was a smaller size LOL

Anyway thanks for letting me get it out. I can't believe how similar this feels to drinking too much.
                        Newbies Nest
                        Toolbox
                        My accountability thread

Comment

Hi, 3June

Londoner describes food affecting him similarly to alcohol, too. The pleasure/reward pathways of sugar and alcohol are so similar, as are the overdose effects - it is just that everything with AL is several times worse.

There are several recent books about how processed foods have been designed to be addictive - getting you to buy and eat them even though you really don't want to. Booze Brain has a cousin, Sugar/Fat/Salt Brain. We've got to shut up both of them. It is so much easier when we can get outside and DO stuff. Luckily, those days are coming!

If I were you, I'd use the same tools to get off added sugar as you did to AL - it really is the same process. If you get "sweet" from e.g. oranges, there is a functioning governor in our brains that will notice when you've had enough. 4 ice cream bars would be easy to eat - 4 oranges probably would not .

There are some thread links I posted in the Nest yesterday that might have some tips for you.

Hope today is a good one. xx, NS

Comment

Thanks you guys. Sometimes saying it out loud really is the start of change. You are awesome!
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

Don't forget about the magic of L-Glutamine either 3June!
                              I never used it when I stopped drinking but several months later when I got tired of stuffing myself with sweet I finally tried the L-Glut & it worked. Didn't take much & didn't take it for very long but it was a big help
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi - just stopped by tonight to say hi. June - you are right. Saying it out loud helps.
                                I am still going good, feel very focused (not sure thus is attributed to AF life or hot yoga). Doing juicing in the morning - I noticed when I drink juice I don't crave that much junk food. Weight loss so far 40 lb - now at size 8 from 14 that i used to be. I still allow ice cream bars - I found ones that made with Greek yogurt - they taste pretty good and only 90 cal and very low fat...
                                AF since 10/20/2013
                                Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                                Meat free since 09/20/2008
                                ---------------------------------------
                                With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Working...
                                X