X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Good job on 200 days skull!
    11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Hi everybody. Good evening. Glad everybody doing ok! I am having some blues - our daughter is having couple last weeks in school. This August she will be leaving for college. Ughhh. Need something to distract myself.
      AF since 10/20/2013
      Smoke free since 09/24/2007
      Meat free since 09/20/2008
      ---------------------------------------
      With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

That darn empty nest was part of my downfall, MyLuck. It is good you are already on the right track! It is a tough transition but you'll be ok and it is great to be friends with the adults they become over the next 4 years. She'll be learning so many new things . I know you're in school, too, but maybe you could take up a new hobby that would be demanding enough to challenge you but still fun.

Comment

Thanks, NS. You are so right. I am so afraid of empty nest, but I will concentrate on my school too! I will continue to take classes.
          AF since 10/20/2013
          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
          Meat free since 09/20/2008
          ---------------------------------------
          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

MAE everyone.

Had a 'mental health day' i.e. didn't go to work today, which has eased things up for me a bit.

Byrdie, thanks for your wise words. Everyone has difficulties in their lives at some time or another, and i only have to glance at a newspaper or see the news on tv to remember that, in the scheme of things, i really do have a fortunate life.

Well, it's getting on to 7.00pm where i am, time to make a nice meal.

Wishing everyone a great day/evening....

love,
            Steady

"Thoughts are powerful. Where are your thoughts taking you?" [not sure if i read this somewhere or made it up!]
            AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hello? Hello??

Gee, no-one else been here since i posted 24 hours ago!

Ah well, am feeling quite groovy today

Blessed are the abstinent!

love,
              Steady

Comment

Hey Steady, notice you check in, glad to see you had that mental health day. All fine and dandy with me, just cruising along and smelling the flowers, which is still possible at this time of year in Melbourne. I feel we are going to crash and burn with this weather shortly so enjoying it while i can.
                xxx
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hey, hi Ava! Good to "see" you. I was feeling a bit like the Omega man!

Yes, you're right re. the weather. It's been good the last week, but it can't last!

I notice your mood says 'sick' - I hope it's not too bad. Lots of people with the lurgy lately. Makes me want to wear a mask when i'm on the tram in the morning!

Anyway, DH keeps talking to me while i'm trying to type. Will sign off for now.

Take care Ava; pleased you're cruising and smelling the flowers!

love,
                  Steady

Comment

Wow Steady pulling out the Charlton Heston reference. I thought I was the only one whos ever watched that movie
                    Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hi,

I'm here, too. Dealing with the 100 days of May that those of us who work in schools feel...

Omega Man... I'm sure I've seen that movie, but I'll have to go check the reference.

Pav

Comment

Getting used to decompressing after a hard week at work and at home without the quick (albeit temporary) fix of alcohol.

I am not craving any now, just settling in to let the emotions play their course.

Thoughts?

Comment

Getting used to decompressing after a hard week at work and at home without the quick (albeit temporary) fix of alcohol.

I am not craving any now, just settling in to let the emotions play their course.

Thoughts?

Comment

MAE all,

Haven't actually seen the film "Omega Man". Just know it's something about the last man left on the earth, or something like that!

Pavati, good question. The post work apocalypse (as i used to think of it!) has always been the trickiest time for me. Am trying to walk at least some of the way home. Hard to get started (particularly as in Australia we're nearing winter, and days are getting shorter), but if i can will myself to walk, i definitely feel better. Another trick is to go and see a movie or something after work. (I can do this, since "D.H" goes to the pub after his own working day ) Anything that gets one in a different head-space helps.

Bon Weekend everyone,
                            love,
                            Steady

Comment

Pavati,

I just realised that you were probably referring to the weekend or days off(?)

I planned last night what i was going to do today (Saturday.) Healthy breakfast and out the door for a 45 minute walk to the shops. Sat and did crossword with coffee, looked at the shops, bought a book, saw a movie, and then walked home. If i hadn't planned on getting up and out early, i may well have lay in bed 'til mid afternoon. So it's better for me to plan.

With my old folks needing my support, a stressful job, and a less than supportive "D.H", it's great to have a day where i can just do things i like, while processing all the crap that's going on in my life. So long as i'm moving, it makes for more positive thinking.

best wishes,
                              Steady

Comment

Hey Steady how are you. I think i may need to plan too as i am such a procrastinator. Everyday i think of going for a walk and everyday i dont. At least the weather is still nice in Melbourne but it seems not for too much longer. I have so much exercise gear in the house that i keep looking at, funny how it doesnt make me fit looking at it.

I do think laying in bed at least one day on the weekend is a great idea, mine will be tomorrow.

xx
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X