100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all boils down to one thing for me. Exercise is key. Off to go sweat.

Comment

Pav,
      If you read the nest earlier this week, i shared that I was having a heck of a time with my new boss. I cant stand him. He nit picks EVERYthing I do, and I have been at the job longer than he has! I shake off my day by checking in here, ( as you do ). And then I take a bubble bath and wash off my day. By the time I get out, I am properly decompressed. Sometimes, a cookie helps. Learning new coping skills is a big part of this journey. Hope your stress passes. Xxoo, Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Ava,

I agree with you it's nice to have a sleep in at least once a week. Just so long as it doesn't turn into all day, which i do sometimes! That makes me feel awful. So i guess a plan that sets the latest time to stay in bed, and then some enjoyable activities to follow. And i know what you mean about procrastination. At least we don't procrastinate about quitting al anymore!

Pavati, way to go! I wish i had the discipline to exercise regularly; it definitely does make a difference.

Byrdlady, pampering is great too. Nice to "wash off the day" as you say.........

.........Me thinks planning, exercise and bubble baths should be the new mantra!

cheers,
        Steady
        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Did a sleep in yesterday... I slept till about 10 am and couldn't get functioning till about 12. Felt strange, not a hangover feeling, just spacie. Guess the ol body needed it. Any way, back to my old abnormal self!
          have a great everybody.
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sam, I was wondering where you were yesterday - good for you!
            I haven't sleep well for nearly 20 years, regardless of what I do or don't do :H
            I am profoundly jealous :H

Happy AF Memorial day everyone!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, I hope you all had a great Memorial Day!!! It was interesting to be at the pool and observe drinking. I was thinking about all those people who started at 11 am drinking beers and wondering if they remembered their dinner - after drinking all day long in the sun. Sorry for them but at the same time I was glad I was not drinking!!!
              AF since 10/20/2013
              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
              Meat free since 09/20/2008
              ---------------------------------------
              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Memorial day was actually kind of quiet for me Myluck
                Kids & grandkids had been here Saturday & Sunday so I took the holiday off!
                I noticed a few folks drinking a beer or two this weekend but no more. Beer never interested me anyway :H
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

We had some college age neighbors in and they drank from sun up to sundown. I was just glad I wasnt one of them ( not only in age, but drinking all day long). We had a great weekend, relaxing and working around the house. It was great not to have anything planned!
                  Now back to the grind! I cant tell you how thankful I am NOT to be tied to a bottle! Traveling is 1000 times easier without that ball and chain! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie
                    agree with you wholeheartedly!! It is great not to be tied to that bottle. My time was spent planning the next beer stop, calculating the day's events around it and planning my finances round it. Such a waste of time, energy, and funds. I'm even learning to be more sociable, hell maybe one day I'll actually grow up.................... NAH!!
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sam. Couldn't agree more. The time and money I wasted chasing a bottle can never be repaid but boy is it a good feeling to just live life without that awful weight around my neck. I was thinking about things in general the other day and it dawned on me that my brain is recovering from nearly 35 years if al abuse. Maybe ill finally grow up too.
                      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Now don't go growing up too much you guys :H
                        I actually feel mentally/emotionally younger without the weight of addiction on my back & that's a good thing
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Me and Peter Pan!! soul bros.
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

just had to take a sneak peek :H back in a couple days!
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

happy birthday SL!!
                              here's your birffday present

http://youtu.be/a4-spBDcJyk[/video]]The Three Stooges - Pie Fight - YouTube
                              Sam
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hey there SL!
                                I see you peeking in the big kid thread :H
                                Nice to have you join us

Still raining down your way too Sam?
                                No signs of a drought here in the east, that's for sure!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X