100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ, so am I. Just checked back and things look wobbly. I hope she can get out of the weeds soon.

I HATE ALCOHOL. B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

TJAF- congratulations on one year sober- well done sir! That rocks and so do you.

Comment

:shocked: hope she is ok . Have anybody heard from WineBeGone?
        I am doing good, some challenging items at work - I am getting tasks assigned that take me out of comfort zone - training people. Public speaking. Yeah. Not my cup of tea. But - oh well. Gotta earn that money. Funny, today on my way out from yoga I picked up from the "wisdom jar" - "Leap and the net will appear". I sure hope so!!!:nutso: because I leaped! First round of training I am leading is on Monday.
        AF since 10/20/2013
        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
        Meat free since 09/20/2008
        ---------------------------------------
        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

available;1687533 wrote: I totally agree that i cant move away from mwo and that is a small price to pay for being sober which is the best present i can give myself. I am thankful that the long termers did not give up on me as when i was drunk i didnt believe in anything let alone being sober.

TJ i cant wait for one year. 8 months in 3 days and never in my life did i think i would be sober for that amount of time. its a truly wonderful feeling.

Steady Qld was wonderful, it was great to get some Vitamin D and meet a fellow mwoer and see mum. I came back to melbourne last night and by this afternoon wished i was back. Ummm not sure about spring after today but i hope so and it has been a mild winter really. No ice on the windscreen in the morning is a good sign.

Posting, well lunatic linda has settled down thank god but this is our AA and i have to check in to stay accountable and as bryd says its a small price to pay for sobriety.
          Ava, it would seem my "promise of spring" theory was a little early!! The last couple of days have frozen that idea!!
          Wow, meeting a fellow MyWayOut -er in real life would have been amazing. So glad you had a good time. I actually think of you when I'm in Sydney Rd, looking in the Savers store; I'm sure you mentioned that shop in one of your posts. So reassuring to know like-minded people are all around, in cyber-space and in the 'hood too.

love and best wishes to everyone,
          Steady
          AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

MyLuck, haven't seen WineBeGone for quite a while.
            You have to wonder when people fade away...you wonder if they have found help somewhere, as we all know the problem just doesn't go away. I was looking back over some posts from a couple years ago, and it made me sad to think that so many are still actively fighting this. Life is so much easier when you just cut out the source.
            Happy Sunday, all!
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, All!

K9 - If you're reading - I miss you, love you, and wish you strength!

Byrdie - Sometimes it is exhausting for me to see so many not make it. I worry about people who seem so desperate and then disappear. I worry about them, their kids, etc. It is awesome when people who wander off come back and say how they are still sober - gives me hope that some of the others are sober, too.

Happy Sunday, all.

Pav

Comment

Come to think of it - I haven't seen K9 on Facebook lately either.
                I'll send Stella out to look for her now
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Everyone, I have been dying to join this thread for months and months. I have gotten so much from My Way Out both as a struggling Tipplerette and the repeat relapser, Sober Soul. After so much patience and straight talking from many of you, I have finally reached my 100 day mark of sobriety, therefore am eligible to join you all.

Firstly, I want to say the obvious: Thank you, thank you, thank you to all you who have put up with my one step forward two steps backward routine for all these years.

I've been one of those posters who do a lot of navel gazing and not much of anything else. I have pledged to myself that if I ever reached the one hundred day mark I would spend at least a year helping others here on MWO. I hope I can make a difference to those who are struggling like you all have helped change my life. In the mean time, I am here on this thread and am very happy about it.
                  "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  Lao-Tzu

Comment

Well that is great news SS, so glad you made it and so glad you're here!!
                    Sam
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Congratulations, and welcome SoberSoul, to the 100 Day thread! Like you I credit MWO for helping me reach my goal of sobriety. I quit many times before finally signing up and posting, which, despite my sporadic posting, has kept me honest all this time. It would be difficult to STAY sober without the support and camaraderie of fellow MWO-ers.

It would be good to hear that K9 is Ok, and i also wonder about Tess2, who used to post regularly. I remember she had a difficult time after her Mum passed away. I do hope things are going well for both K9 and Tess2.

Haven't 'crossed paths' with Little Beagle for a while, but i continue to think of her as i mark my day count off in the diary.

Hope everyone is well, and if anyone's stuggling and/or lurking, do yourself a favour and post about it. We all help each other here.

best wishes,
                      Steady
                      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hey SoberSoul!! Welcome aboard! I tell you, if folks can just hang in there til they hit this milestone it becomes 1000 times easier. I kept falling before the magic happened, just to have to repeat all the misery! The worst parts are early on, so it was just a horrible cycle to be in! I am so happy for you and PROUD!!! Now it's just a matter of staying well. This morning as I was getting ready, I thought about my new sober life and there is always some fear in the back of my mind about relapse. I think that is normal. I also thought about the fear I have of a car accident (I drive a lot for work). Both of these things are healthy because they keep me vigilant. In fact, I actually have MORE control over my sobriety than I do a car accident!! I took great solace in that. It's all within my control. As Kuya used to say, I have as much chance of accidently drinking than I do of accidently having sex! :H:H:H So I am going to change my worrying to something else. I know that my sobriety is the foundation upon which everything else is built....if it goes, it all goes. That's just too high a price to pay.

I HATE ALCOHOL. Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Welcome Sober Soul, AKA Tipplerette. congrats on this achievement. That thread you started under General Discussion fills a void for the relapsers, it is great. After you have hung around here awhile, posting under Newbies Nest just seems awkward. Not that Lav and Byrdie aren't the best, because they are, but no one can be everything for everyone. I read this thread, that one and the gratitude one every day, though I usually don't have much to say any more. That is not to say that my sobriety has lost its luster, certainly not. I'm now at the prime of my life, and I never would have reached this point if I hadn't given up the drink.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi all, how are you? Great analogy about accidentally drinking, I was laughing! No worries about Little Beagle - I communicate with her regularity she is doing great.
                            SS - congrats on reaching 100 days!
                            AF since 10/20/2013
                            Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                            Meat free since 09/20/2008
                            ---------------------------------------
                            With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Sober Soul!

Congratulations on your 100 days - I love reading your thread when I have time and know it supports a lot of people.

I feel like I might accidentally drink by picking up someone's cup. This happened when I was at an outdoor bbq with a lot of red solo cups and people drinking vodka and soda whereas mine was just soda. If my cup ever left my sight I just got a new one rather than risk the wrong sip! (sorry to the Pacific Ocean gyre).

I do MWO both my gift and my "work" to stay sober. I love coming here, and I know I have to come here to stay sober.

LB posts regularly down on the Ladies on a Mission Thread in the abstinence section. C'mon down, any and all...

Pav

Comment

Pav,
                                Your notes have just been GOLDEN lately!
                                I am with you on being a steward of my own cup! I do not trust others to fix my drink (for many reasons, mistakes happen, AND there are those out there who don't think a little drink will hurt me). It's really bizarre in that it IS just like in the movies where an alkie gets a taste and then goes off the deep end. I always thought that was just drama, but I tell you, it is the case more than it isn't. You posted something about someone taking a sip the other day leading to a fall. I am paranoid about that....SIPS lead to SLIPS lead to FALLS. It's just not worth it. I can certainly live without a sip of someone's delicious drink....what I can't live with, is being a raging alkie. Keep up the great work!!!
                                Your biggest fan, Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X