100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I agree with others about the danger of just one sip. A strange thing happened to be when i'd been quit just a couple of months. Was getting ready to go out and swilled some mouthwash in my mouth. My head was saying NOOOO at the same time as it was saying YEEEES, and there was a couple of seconds which seemed like an eternity, where I didn't know what was going on. The mouthwash had al in it, and my instinct was fighting with my will. The old instinct wanted me to swallow and keep consuming more; fortunately my will knew that was not okay, and saved me just in time! I can now smell al at ten paces!
    AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

SoberSoul;1689790 wrote: Hi Everyone, I have been dying to join this thread for months and months. I have gotten so much from My Way Out both as a struggling Tipplerette and the repeat relapser, Sober Soul. After so much patience and straight talking from many of you, I have finally reached my 100 day mark of sobriety, therefore am eligible to join you all.

Firstly, I want to say the obvious: Thank you, thank you, thank you to all you who have put up with my one step forward two steps backward routine for all these years.

I've been one of those posters who do a lot of navel gazing and not much of anything else. I have pledged to myself that if I ever reached the one hundred day mark I would spend at least a year helping others here on MWO. I hope I can make a difference to those who are struggling like you all have helped change my life. In the mean time, I am here on this thread and am very happy about it.
      SoberSoul, a kind welcome to the group!! Congrats on 100 days, that RAWKS. I think we all know how it is, quitting and relapsing many times. Like Byrdie so rightly says, yes it is a lot easier after the 100 day mark. And even if we do relapse, the battle lost, but the war goes on and we'll continue to fight. ANyway very happy for you and happy you're here

Comment

Pavati;1690610 wrote: Sober Soul!

Congratulations on your 100 days - I love reading your thread when I have time and know it supports a lot of people.

I feel like I might accidentally drink by picking up someone's cup. This happened when I was at an outdoor bbq with a lot of red solo cups and people drinking vodka and soda whereas mine was just soda. If my cup ever left my sight I just got a new one rather than risk the wrong sip! (sorry to the Pacific Ocean gyre).

I do MWO both my gift and my "work" to stay sober. I love coming here, and I know I have to come here to stay sober.

LB posts regularly down on the Ladies on a Mission Thread in the abstinence section. C'mon down, any and all...

Pav
        Little Beagle also posts on the Gratitude 30 Day challenge thread regularly...

Comment

Byrdlady;1689937 wrote: Hey SoberSoul!! Welcome aboard! I tell you, if folks can just hang in there til they hit this milestone it becomes 1000 times easier. I kept falling before the magic happened, just to have to repeat all the misery! The worst parts are early on, so it was just a horrible cycle to be in! I am so happy for you and PROUD!!! Now it's just a matter of staying well. This morning as I was getting ready, I thought about my new sober life and there is always some fear in the back of my mind about relapse. I think that is normal. I also thought about the fear I have of a car accident (I drive a lot for work). Both of these things are healthy because they keep me vigilant. In fact, I actually have MORE control over my sobriety than I do a car accident!! I took great solace in that. It's all within my control. As Kuya used to say, I have as much chance of accidently drinking than I do of accidently having sex! :H:H:H So I am going to change my worrying to something else. I know that my sobriety is the foundation upon which everything else is built....if it goes, it all goes. That's just too high a price to pay.

I HATE ALCOHOL. Byrdie
          Man, I can totally relate to this- I often have these fears. I sometimes get murky thinking and thoughts of "well, drinking wouldn't be THAT bad"... really creep in. Being consistent on MWO daily or close to it helps me to keep my focus clear. That said, even when (or ESPECIALLY when) I am focused on sobriety, I fear relapse. I often have dreams of relapse and am so saddened. But when I wake up I feel relieved that it was just a dream.

I like your comments about relapse vs. driving or other accidents, ha. Yep, sobriety is the well by which all good waters spring.

Comment

Welcome SoberSoul & Congrats on your 100 AF days!!!!!
            You just never know when you respond to someone's post that you may be helping them along too
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi,

Byrdie, the feeling is mutual! Thanks for the kudos - I just follow all of you old timers - uh, I mean long time sober people...

Just posted a new thread - 100 reasons to stay sober. Feel free to add your pearls everyone.

Pav

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have been patiently (well, sometimes not so patiently) counting the days until I reached 100 and could join this thread. Today I hit that milestone and I'm so happy I'm now eligible to join you. Triple digits feels wonderful.

I'm not specifically worried about this, at least not right now, but did any of you feel any sort of slump or let-down after reaching 100 days since the next big milestone seems so far away?
                Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Hi Wags and congratulations on your 100 days again. I think i was so excited about reaching triple digits that afterwards i felt like "what now". Well what happened was i kept plodding along like i did everyday. The slumps come and go, Pav and I just had one at around 250 days but anything is better than drinking.

So happy for you.
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Welcome to the 100 day club Wags :wd:
                    Great work! Don't forget that we are all a work in progress. Moods & feelings come & go & that's perfectly normal. It took some time to learn to trust myself again but once I did everything just got a lot easier. Just stay on your plan & work on your gratitude, everything will be just fine
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Принимаем зак

На сайте с ТИЦ 1700 поставим Вашу рекламу с контекстной вечной ссылкой.
                      Пример подобного размещения
                      ????????????? ???????

Ждем Ваши заявки по адресу reklama@zaistinu.ru
                      Условия размещения будут высланы в ответ.

Comment

Wags, welcome to the thread.
                        Yes, I experienced, and then continue to notice, FLAT spots just after milestones. 30 Days, 100 days and 6 months. After all that, seems like things even out and are good to go. They are just phases of adjustment. I call it the honeymoon effect....like a bride that comes home after the honeymoon....NOW WHAT? Once you get thru them, you are stronger on the other side. It is perfectly normal to feel a little uneasy as your body and soul adjust to the new way of life. AND you are now experiencing things for the first time (emotions) and coping with stress, so it takes some time to learn how to negotiate all that, but if does even out. We are so glad you're here. Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Welcome, Wags!

Plenty of ups and downs along the way - I had a long period of flatness around 5 - 7 months. And as Ava said, am sort of in one now. As NoSugar pointed out, sometimes we just have moods...

The difference is, now we can get through the bad moods without alcohol.

Happy to have you here.
                          Pav

Comment

Welcome, Waggy, and congrats for this achievement. I count months and years more than days, there is always another month coming along.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Congrats and welcome, Sober Soul and Wags!!!!
                              Pull up a rocking chair and join the oldies
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Oldies, huh?

We saw a performance this weekend by Lucie Arnaz, daughter of I Love Lucy. She is a great singer and entertainer. Walking out there were some young drinkers behind us. They didn't like her because "she's probably sixty". I wanted to turn around and smack them, "I'll show you sixty"! But of course I didn't but it was a fun thought.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X