100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Hello everyone!
    Just bumping up the thread so it doesn't get lost
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all, it is tough day for us today - we dropped off our daughter (the only child) at the college and I am a mess! I can't stop crying I know one thing really clear - that if I still was using AL I would be for sure passed out intoxicated by now, in clothes, make up on and lights on. Would wake up tomorrow feeling awful and guilty, so glad I am not doing it. Thank you my MWO friends that I met here for providing me extra suppot - Little Beagle and Pie.
      AF since 10/20/2013
      Smoke free since 09/24/2007
      Meat free since 09/20/2008
      ---------------------------------------
      With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Thinking of you MyLuck.
        A couple years ago, my neighbors took their daughter to college and I thought their hearts were going to fall out of their chests......they were so sad and worried for her. That afternoon, i saw a picture of the daughter on FB with her new roommates, ALL of their hair was standing straight up( with hairspray)and they were trying to sit there with serious faces and their hair on end like that. It was hilarious. The moral of the story, the kids are fine!!!
        Hugs dear lady!!! Xxoo, B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thank you Byrdlady it is not that I worry about her. I miss her like you miss your best friend. It is very empty without her in our house and in my heart.
          AF since 10/20/2013

Comment

Oh ML big hugs to you. She will always be in your heart, i know mine are. When my daughter got married i felt lost and bereft, like i was not her mum anymore and someone else had all the responsibility of her and it was horrible. Until she got a bad case of food poisoning, i drove over at midnight totally sober and she told her hubs to get out of bed as she wanted her mum with her. I then realised that no one can replace us as a mum and damn i was so chuffed.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Myluck, I remember that day dropping my daughter off at college too. I cried the whole way home & wouldn't talk to anyone for days. It took a week or two to calm down but it's rough when your best friend suddenly moves out like that. You will be OK, I promise
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Myluck;1696432 wrote: Thank you Byrdlady it is not that I worry about her. I miss her like you miss your best friend. It is very empty without her in our house and in my heart.
                It is very hard, MyLuck, but you'll find that she still wants and needs her mom (and sometimes her mommy). If you have a good relationship now, you can look forward to a great one as adults. :l NS

Comment

Thank you everybody I appreciate your kind words and advise. I am glad I have MWO to turn to when it gets tough. :h :h :h

Recently I found comfort in the following saying by my yoga teacher: "if you CHANGE you look at things, the things you look at CHANGE".
                  AF since 10/20/2013

Comment

My luck, that's a good one from your yoga teacher. I try and do that but sometimes forget. My daughter is going away next week to school too and I know it is going to be hard. But at least we have face time, skyping and texting. Thank goodness for technology.

Way to go Sunbeam! Hey, nice to see you Lav and Byrdie.

Pav, SL everyone, I was so close to drinking tonight but I didn't. Thank goodness. I posted here and just tried to stay busy long enough that I would not want to drink. In my mind after 8 is too late to start drinking so I just hunkered down and did not drink. Soon it was too late. Frick what a pain. But I made it!

I kept thinking that I didn't want to come on here and say I had a drink or Five, which is what would have happened. I also haven't drank since I turned 50 and that stopped me too. It was too close for comfort though and I may have to spend some more time reading. Thank goodness for MWO.

Hi Giraffe! So nice to see you, how are the girls?
                    You sound great.

Ava, I love how your daughter wanted her mum. That is So cute! Gotta love those kids eh?

Well, I am in my big comfy bed and totally sober. Thank goodness! I will wake up hangover free in the morning. Oh Yeah!
                    Xo
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Nar - I'm fighting off cravings or urges right now too (last night, today). I have a similar mindset in that if I can get past a certain point in the eve, it's too late to start drinking. Unfortunately, I've got about 7 or 8 more hours to get through today.

Glad you didn't drink last night. Glad I didn't either. Really hope this passes soon!
                      Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Wags and Nar, I just read a heck of a post Jane put in the tool box about relapse.
                        Staying sober is a skill! Practice what has worked for you....watch documentaries, go thru the tool box or volunteer somewhere to get your mind OFF what we are trying to avoid. Drinking is NOT an option. If I had a choice to go off a cliff or drink, I think I would choose the cliff. It would be a hellofa lot quicker! Stay strong!!! No matter what! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Is craving also yearning for a past? Sometimes that is the case for me. I confuse myself that I'm craving when I yearn for "the good times" which, when I truly think about it are not so great. Fact is, it's downright old bullshit coming from the true yearner, that side which wants to regain control and make my life total misery again. I've been there often enough to know and it is always, always lurking, waiting for a weak moment.... you know the deal: "what's one time going to do? You can stop all over again tomorrow" Yeah well the last time my tomorrow ended up being FIVE damn years.
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

That whole thing of just keeping my mind off drinking didn't really work for me. The thoughts were always still there. I really needed to change my thinking. The activities in my signature link enabled me to do that.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Very true Sam, once we start we cant stop and i know if i ever have that drink, just the one i will be gone.

i do think the urges/cravings are that we are missing something, i have not figured out what mine is/was but i have introduced exercise finally into my life to see if that helps and of course it has, i feel more content. Its hard to pinpoint what is missing though so we are still a work in progress. Im also thinking i need to get out more but not sure what to involve myself in as i sometimes just "tolerate" people so i need to find a niche i am happy in. Lots of time to research what i want to do in my next phase of sobriety.

Nar im so with you, i could not come on here after 8+ months and say i have had a drink, i could not do it after 2 months and this is why mwo is so wonderful. I imagine the looks of everyones face as they read it and imagine how they also would feel, especially that they had not picked something up or could had done more for me.

Wags, after i hit triple digits as Byrd said it was the "what nows"! what i have to keep doing this? FFS yes i did ha ha. I do find now if i have an al thought it sticks like glue for a few days, not strong but just hanging around waiting to pounce. Then it realises it cant win and retreats again. Thats when i most hate the world!

happy sunday everyone, the sun is trying to shine in melbourne so another beautiful day. xx

I think spring is nearly sprunging steady!
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I firmly believe hypnosis helped me change my thinking about AL!
                                The MWO hypnotic CDs were a good investment for me I used them daily for a good year or more then eventually moved on to meditation type recordings. The point is - don't just sit & suffer & white knuckle your way thru the cravings, thoughts & urges. Be proactive & find something that works for you. Yes, we do have to work to maintain our sobriety. I consider it a work of self-love
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X