Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Happy travels, my luck.

I had a crap two days. Just need to remember that a crap two days with 9 months sober behind me are FAR better than crap two days when drinking.

Sounding great, Rahul.

xo
    Pav

Comment

Hope everything is OK with you Pav
      Shitty days will come & go the rest of our lives but they are definitely more tolerable without AL on board.
      The more AF time you put in the stronger you get, honestly! You become stronger in your quit & just stronger all around!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello, I have reached my 100 days and a little Byrdie told me about this thread.

Comment

Way to go, Chero!! Welcome to the thread.

Comment

Welcome! It's a good goal to always remain a "member" of this tread - those 100 days are too hard-earned and precious to let go. Congratulations!

Comment

I agree. I'm honored to be here.

Comment

hey Cherokeer
                a big welcome and hats off to you!! Glad you're here.
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Welcome Cherokeer! I am new here too.
                  :jumpin::jumpin:

Is there a 200 day thread too?
                  (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Comment

Great to see you here Chero - Congrats
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Welcome Cherokeer! You too Elosie! I remember when I hit the 100 day mark. Up to that point In over 35 years of hard drinking I hadn't made more than 90 days AF. At 100 days I was both excited and worried at the same time. Not sure who said it now, (one of our venerable and wise long-termers) but when they were in the early days of sobriety they were faking it more than believing and I was no exception. Now, after 406 days I truly believe that an AF life is possible for me! Hope you feel the same now. If not, I know that if you just wrap your head around the idea you too will believe! Congratulations once again
                        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hi there TJ
                          Hope you are well!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

It is definitely a process! But each sober day is better than the previous one, so it builds up. It got better still in year two. I just finally felt comfortable and not afraid anymore. It is a great place to be. B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Posted in other thread but copied/pasted here because it relates to long-term 100+ day abstinence...

Similar to Pav's gratitude for the day, today I am grateful that I am teaching myself that I can get through difficult times without drinking.

Last night I had yet another dream that I had drank heavily, along with all that comes along with that (embarasment, alienation, hangover sickness, anxiety, junk food binge). In my dream, I realized that I'd relapsed and began crying really hard. I woke up almost sobbing, then realized it was just a dream.

There's a lot for me to learn from that... I guess I really do value my quit and want to protect it.

Comment

Skull, those dreams are sort of a blessing in disguise, aren't they? You get to feel all the guilt/shame/remorse without having to give up your quit... The relief we are looking for in the bottle just isn't there anymore, it only brings despair, so at least we have the opportunity to see how it would feel if we blew it, and can learn from that and build more resolve against it.
                                Sometimes those dreams are so real! What a relief they aren't true! B
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X