100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Rahul! If you cut out the sugar and crappy carbs, your TGs should come right down!
    I'm glad your liver is doing well - look at what all that not drinking did for you .

Comment

Maybe add daily exercise to your routine, if you arent doing it now? Even a 20 minute walk will do.
      As NS & Brydie said keep your eye on the positive.
      Ugh, shouldnt just not drinking be enough? I am astounded at how interested in sweets
      I am since I stopped drinking.
      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

A silly suggestion Rahul- start the day with oatmeal and 1/2 a banana. Somehow this curbs my cravings until late afternoon.
        Make yourself eat more old fashioned sit down cooked meals.
        You will be too full to eat junk.
        I am sure this sugar craving will eventually pass too. Cant last forever, right?

Comment

Elo,
          I joined NS's challenge and on the 5th day, I thought I was gonna die. I know I have an issue and I need to reign it in. My blood numbers are all good, but so many things NS has shared with us makes me know it is NOT good for me.
          I plan to grab some L- Glut next time Im out. I need to drop a few pounds I picked up, too.
          B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Brydie- I know I can cut out the sugar, but I am worried I might start thinking about the vino instead.
            I take 3000-4000 mg of L glut daily, I think its enough.
            I exercise & all... Weight hasnt changed just less bloated. But yesterday we had guests & they brought this hazelnut cake, omg it was so sweet it was sickening, I ate 2 pieces anyway (6-7 hours apart though).

Basically I am terrified to rock the boat as I have 0 desire for wine & want to keep it that way.
            The fruit helps too.

I try to be very aware of what I am doing... I dont let myself become a 'gobble bunny.'

My mini dachshund's nickname was the gobble bunny, poor dear had diabetes and was always on a diet.

Comment

"gobble bunny" i love that El. I just woke up and was so hungry, no vegemite to have on toast and i spotted some "ice vovo" biscuits. Mmmm i thought, why not! Packet was empty thank god so i decided to have some stewed tomatoes and an egg. Much healthier i think but i still love sugar also. I know now i wont drink but i also dont want to stop sugar completely. The good thing is i am not eating as much, if i dont buy it, i cant eat it, right?
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Right, my trouble is my hd buys all kinds of sugary crap. When I drank I didnt care, now its another story.
                I do try to keep the fruit bowl over flowing and eat a lot of bananas these days!

Comment

Byrdlady;1705425 wrote: Elo,
                  I joined NS's challenge and on the 5th day, I thought I was gonna die. I know I have an issue and I need to reign it in. My blood numbers are all good, but so many things NS has shared with us makes me know it is NOT good for me.
                  I plan to grab some L- Glut next time Im out. I need to drop a few pounds I picked up, too.
                  B
                  Yeah the first handful of days sugar free suck, but after about the first week it gets much easier and you feel a lot better- and cravings subside. It's worth doing!

Comment

available;1705429 wrote: "gobble bunny" i love that El. I just woke up and was so hungry, no vegemite to have on toast and i spotted some "ice vovo" biscuits. Mmmm i thought, why not! Packet was empty thank god so i decided to have some stewed tomatoes and an egg. Much healthier i think but i still love sugar also. I know now i wont drink but i also dont want to stop sugar completely. The good thing is i am not eating as much, if i dont buy it, i cant eat it, right?
                    Ava- did you ever hear Amanda Palmer's song about Vegemite? (warning- the image accompanying the song is NSFW, a bit racy). Here's the song... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVKPrQv1H8I[/video]]Amanda Palmer - The Vegemite - YouTube

Comment

loved the song Skull, it is definitely an acquired taste i must say but we aussies love it.

I might try no sugar for a week and see how i feel. Lots of fruit as El says.
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

available;1705441 wrote: loved the song Skull, it is definitely an acquired taste i must say but we aussies love it.

I might try no sugar for a week and see how i feel. Lots of fruit as El says.
                        I'll have to give it a try one of these days, I know the Aussies love it

As for no sugar for a week- it's worth doing! The first 4+ days feel pretty crappy but I'm on Day 8 and feeling good.

Comment

i think i will take a pass on this one folks: vegemite is a dark brown Australian food paste made from leftover brewers' yeast extract with various vegetable and spice additives.
                          sick.
                          almost as bad as using mayonnaise as hair conditioner and sitting under a dryer for 20 minutes, (thanks mom). Often led to vomiting, but my hair was shiny.
                          Cute song though.

Comment

Okay, so on the serious side now.
                            As I have made it to day 120 AF I need a revised plan.
                            Next goal is 6 months... okay, but what else? Any suggestions folks?

Comment

Eloise, check out the list linked in my signature line if you like. It certainly answered that "what else" question for me.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Rahul I really liked your post and feel the same in many ways - thanx.

Samstone, your stepping stones also gave me some perspective (I love working with lists for some reason.)

Byrdlady, the fake it till you make it is priceless advice - will add that to my "to-do" list right now!

Happy Monday all.
                                AF since 28 October 2013
                                600 days on 20 June 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X