100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas Sunbeam & everyone!
    Enjoy the family, food & gifts. Count your blessings & put a shine on your gratitude list
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everybody, I am so sorry not to post here as often as I want to and need to. Just to let you all know I am on day 431 today and still doing great. Still doing my hot yoga and working hard at my job I miss you all - have great holidays.
      AF since 10/20/2013
      Smoke free since 09/24/2007
      Meat free since 09/20/2008
      ---------------------------------------
      With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Great to see you, MyLuck! Glad to hear you are doing well!
        Wishing everyone a very Happy Holiday!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Its was my son's birthday today. He turned 5. It was so good to see him exited as he came close to the birthday. Telling all his school friend in advance something BIG coming up. Seeing kids today living the moment in his birthday party while we adults hung around with our usual things what we do make feel like becoming a kid again. I dont like being an adult I guess. Working our ass off, travelling, working, worrying about future, living up to cover our liabilities, struggling to maintain relationships like marriage, half baked friendships, professional half hearted courtesies, playing with egos, enjoying our addictions if not anything. And here are these bunch of kids living the moment, no worries, just time to play, have fun to the fullest. Full of energy !!

I too was like that long long ago. And I still want to be like that ... free !! Turning sober has given me that sense of freedom, pride and huge confidence. Why do we grow up ... I dont mean by age but grow up by suppressing ourselves not to express or experience. Why does a cartoon or a flower or a joke makes us laugh. Why do we become 2 persons, one real inside and one the way we want to project to the world.

Seeing my son I so hoped and prayed to God almight let him have a great childhood, free of worries and difficulties, let him not face what I did. Let him not feeling of loneliness or self esteem arising of all what went in my life. Let him never see the sight of me as a drunk, as I was one year ago. Let him have a father, let me be a good father, a role model, his hero. Let him already remember me as a tee teetotaler, a proud sober man who never touches a drink.

It strange to see emotions thru me seeing him. Emotions which sometimes erupt and make me realize once again how much I had numb I had made them with years with AL. I wish I can go back and enjoying all his last 4 birthdays as a sober person.... I can do that but I will ensure that in all his future birthdays .... I will be sober ...

Merry Christmas to you all !!
          Rahul
          --------------------------------------------
          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
          Rebooting ... done ...
          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Hi, Everyone:

Rahul- great post. Words can't express how much better my life is without alcohol in it. In so many ways that I never expected, I have found out who I am and have taken back my life.

Byrdie- I used to say that if I could have the hangover first I would never drink again because I would give up first. Also, if I could have been shown my life without alcohol, I would have quit a lot sooner.

I guess I am grateful today!

Merry Christmas to you all - whether you celebrate it or not it is a good time to be reflect on the year. Thanks for all you all do for me!

Xo
            Pav

Comment

Merry Christmas all Happy Holidays to boot! Rahul glad you are doing well! My Luck, congratulations we are from the same sober class... I'm at day 515 . All is well in my world with the exception of a sugar hangover (see the nest for details). You really do get a sugar hangover wow who would have thought! Glad to see everyone happy and full of life. Tis the season after all!
              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Great to see you, TGAF!
                Sorry about your sugar coma. Hopefully that has evened out now.

Got all the Christmas decorations put away and watching mindless tv and LOVING it! All is good. Hope everyone is having a peaceful day!!
                Byrdie
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Wow Byrdie - you're a quick un-decorator, LOL!!!
                  Glad you enjoyed your holiday!

TJ, I think I had more sugar the past few days than I've had all year
                  Hope your hangover goes away quickly.

Rahul, you are making good memories for your family. Always remember that & keep moving forward & be proud of your accomplishment

Hi there Pav & Myluck, great to see you both!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

TJAF , paviti and Lav,
                    thanks for the kind words. Yes not a day goes by when I feel generous for being sober. I have battles to win though I am addicted to food which I need to overcome next.
                    Rahul
                    --------------------------------------------
                    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                    Rebooting ... done ...
                    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Greetings long termers!
                      Just checking in to see how everyone is doing on this next to last day of 2014.
                      It's cold in my portion of the world but dry (no snow). YAY!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey Lav!
                        I was really sorry to hear about your losing another chicken. Gosh thats got to be heartbreaking. I hope you will he able to get it sorted out. Poor things.
                        Hoping to have a quiet day tomorrow and hit the hay at a reasonable hour tomorrow night! Happy New Year to all!! Xxxoo, Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

My DH and two daughters are headed to some warmer weather tomorrow for a week long getaway. I'm SO excited to spend time with just us four! This will be my first AF beach vacation, but I'm not worried at all, as it will be just us and no social pressure. My kids know I quit drinking, and I'm quite certain they know I had a problem, and they are aware that it's been 9 months. My oldest was worried about whether I could eat the mulled pears she made for desert for Christmas, which was sweet of her. But other than that, we've never talked about it. I hope to tomorrow night -- That's my plan anyway.

I hope all enjoy this NY evening -- sounds like lots have plans for a quiet evening, which is the most lovely way I can think of to spend it. Someone else wrote this someplace else, but I'm so glad to not feel like I need to hang out with people I barely know or don't even like just to be someplace drinking. Not that I needed that as an excuse, but I remember several NY eves that were complete duds. I still got ripping drunk, though. Seems so stupid now.

Take care, all, and Happy 2015!
                          Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Happy New Year Long termers!

Comment

Happy new year!!! Love you all
                              AF since 10/20/2013
                              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                              Meat free since 09/20/2008
                              ---------------------------------------
                              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment