No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're going to have to break the "law" this time, Rox, and continue our discussion :wink:.

Behan, it seems to me that people can figure out for themselves that there are other threads within this website and many other websites for support in controlling drinking without abstaining. It would be inappropriate if we were posting abstinence messages in threads or on websites aimed at moderation, but that's not what's going on. Most people who post on abstinence-oriented threads have figured out for themselves that that's what they need and are looking for the encouragement to make it happen. This isn't a cult out to lure unsuspecting drinkers in - it's a place to freely get support if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by behan
      Sigh you are all so clever

my point

There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
      "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

and so it goes on

Whatever Girls enjoy your day in the sunshine
      BIB, thank you.

Comment

This site is six degrees of No sugar and Roxanne Ha Ha ...do you both have a life beyond spending all your time here? I calculate over 11,000 posts ..between you over 3 to five years ..now thats sad
        any way as you calmy say No Sugar people decide their own way as you did seems you needed thousands of posts to decide yours!
        end of
        Take care

You both are very experienced at this
        Behan,
        Are you experienced at being sober? Doesnt sound like it. This is a thread on the LONG TERM ABSTINANCE group and intended for those with experience and support to share.
        Drunken bashes are not welcome here. Please get yourself sorted out or if you want some help to keep from making an ass of yourself, ask for it.
        Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Then why with your calmness dont you tone down your friends fierceness aginst people who use the word moderation its not free at all as you say moderators are bullied off the site from what i can see..please leave it here have the courage to post your thoughts in the moderators thread not here where you crave Face books LIKES crap from all
          How's that moderation working out for you, Behan?
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

please

Bullying again?

im not drunk and you are the ass dear!!!!

have you sucked some balls lately

i think you should try it
            I hope you are drunk. If you are this asinine while sober then you need more than an AL forum. I have reported your posts. Love, Byrdie
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

oh dear same old response from you
              Some one disagrees they must be drinking

Dont you find yourself very boring i do find you very bland

you have no intelligent argument

do all of here a favor and STOP bullying and end your Hateful obsessiveness
              with those that disagree with your hateful approach
              My hateful approach, huh?
              You are either part of the problem or part of the solution, what is YOUR approach?
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Pathetic,
                stick your love where the sun dont shine
                at least learn to spell " asinine "
                report all you like
                you are bad and dangerous for the future of addiction treatments
                I ll shall leave you little ..I stress the word ..little
                Club!!!
                Thank you.
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Happy Independence weekend to all - Let's celebrate all of our freedoms! NS

Comment

Who is this wanker Behan i wonder. Appears to know so much but delivers so little.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Behan is obviously an escapee from a mental institution.
                      Behan joined MWO 6 months after I did. I chose to stop drinking & improve my life.
                      Time for the administration to give this one the boot.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Dude if you are going to correct someone's spelling for God's sake at least proof your own posts. One mistake after another. BTW ... (that's by the way BTW) what's your point. Aside from the criticism and venom I missed the part where you make a coherent argument why you're right and we are wrong.

As you can tell by my Avatar I'm a fan of Irish poets, and buddy after reading your posts let me tell you, you're no Behan although he did drink himself to death. Ill leave you with an appropriate Behan quote my drunken friend: "Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves."
                        Last edited by TJAF; July 3, 2015, 09:46 PM.
                        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

If you are looking for original words how about everything I wrote before the quote.

As for your principle thought, leave me out of your premise about quoting smarter people, save that for yourself. I guess you're not quick enough to appreciate the sarcasm.

Now before you start typing another wasted post, how about something positive or, are you too much like your nom de plum...one of the quare folk.
                          Last edited by TJAF; July 4, 2015, 09:08 AM.
                          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

a person can be added to your ignore list if you wish
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

do not feed the troll.

it doesnt matter what you say, they have a 'smart' answer and are happy to contradict themselves to carry on the baiting.

Comment

You're right, Rox. I deleted my post - it wasn't helpful and my point was, we should try to post only when we're either asking for support or making a sincere contribution. Hope you've had a good Saturday :hug:.

Comment

Working...
                                X