No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tour de france NS and a rider broke the tour record for fastest time trial ever. some aussie guy called rohan dennis. interesting commentary from eurosport about the teams, gossip you could say.

hope youre having a good one :happy2:

Comment

I was up EARLY and watched a bit, Rox, but didn't see the speedy RD - I hope to catch it on the replay tonight. The TDF is one of my favorite things about July. Who is your pick to win? My favorite team (no drugs allowed Garmin) doesn't have a contender so I might just have to pick the cutest guy (Contador?) or something like that :wink:.

Comment

quintana but i dont think he will.

no drugs allowed team? they all are, arent they?

Comment

No sugar against my better judgement I answered Mr. Brendan Behan. Twice as you can see . He was just too offensive to ignore. I love his criticism in my use of a quote. Something along the lines of hiding behind a better mind. This from a guy masquerading as a dead Irish Poet and Playwright. Oh well. He got my Irish up.
          Last edited by TJAF; July 5, 2015, 08:28 PM.
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Has the troll left the premises?
            What a borea$$

How's everyone else doing?
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

All good here, Lav!
              4th of July is a drinking Free-For-All around here....I was so happy NOT to be part of it. One guy was on the beach barking like a dog and howling! WTH? Glad that wasn't me! Hope everyone has a wonderful week! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie ya know you can howl at the moon perfectly sober too. :happy2:
                Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hi everyone, been a while since i've dropped in! Posting on phone which is tricky. Quitting drinking COMPLETELY was life changing in the best possible way. Am missing my Dad who died end of April and now my Mum has dementia, but with a clear head i Will cope. Will check in again soon on lap-top. Best wishes to all , Steady
                  AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hey STEADY, good to see you
                    You have had a rough year, glad you are OK. Don't be a stranger, OK?
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                      Hey STEADY, good to see you
                      You have had a rough year, glad you are OK. Don't be a stranger, OK?
                      Oh, Lavande! Thankyou for your kind words. While i haven't posted much, i have occasionally read through to see how y'all are at the 100 Day Club. It has been a rough year, perhaps the most depressing in my life. Have just spent two days staying at my parents' house, with neither of them there any more. (Dad gone, Mum now permanent in nursing home.) I can tell you it was a grim couple of days. Stayed there because the home Mum's in is near to their house (which we haven't sold yet) so it saved me the hour's drive each way to visit her. Trying to jazz up her small room at the home, with her constantly asking how and where Dad is. Then going back to their house, where there's still a lot of alcohol in the cupboards and fridge! Yes, Al's voice was there, suggesting "one night wouldn't hurt. No one need know..."etc. etc. But i kept telling myself how awful i'd feel in the morning, and how much harder it would be to deal with things. So i ate lots of chocolate instead! Back home now, and i also realise that MWO is like a home to me too. A space with lovely people who understand totally and look out for each other.

I tend to stick to the 100 Day Club these days, but i think i'll take a wander around and see how others are faring, and which threads i might contribute to.

Thanks again Lavande, I love your thumbs up icon in your signature, always makes me smile! x o :happy2:

Comment

Hey Steady
                        Happy to see you post the other day and glad you are okay. A few times lately i have wanted that release into no-mans land that al brings but like you i ate chocolate and drank coffee. I do realise that sober doesnt take any of the problems away but it sure makes it easier to deal with. Hope you come back more often. Hugs and damn its cold in melbourne.
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by TJAF View Post
                          Ha ha! I like this! So true, it's fun to be creative and wild without al !

(My PC's doing weird things, sorry for the double post!
                          Last edited by STEADFAST; July 11, 2015, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TJAF View Post
                            Ha ha! I like this! So true, it's fun to be creative and wild without al !

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
                              Hey Steady
                              Happy to see you post the other day and glad you are okay. A few times lately i have wanted that release into no-mans land that al brings but like you i ate chocolate and drank coffee. I do realise that sober doesnt take any of the problems away but it sure makes it easier to deal with. Hope you come back more often. Hugs and damn its cold in melbourne.
                              Hey, Ava, thanks! Nice to "see" you too. And yes, it's bloody freezing in Melbourne, and tomorrow's forecast to be worse!! x o

Comment

Hi, All:

Haven't checked in in a while and looks like I missed a kerfluffle. Thankfully.

Yes, Ava. Life still sucks sometimes. That's true. It sucks a lot less without a hangover and regret to deal with, too.

Good to see you, Steady. Sorry you had such a bad year. Pop down to the monthly abs section and say hi to the Ladies (and gentlemen) on a mission. Aren't you and Little Beagle quit mates? Are you coming up on two years? I can't remember anything any more.

TJAF - Looks like they all had your back.

Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X