100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
    I'd like to see someone try to get a new substance with all of alcohol's characteristics past the FDA now!
    Good point NS!
    AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Good points, but I still hate the liquid itself.

When I see someone relapse repeatedly, my first thought is disappointment and anger. But then I remember that I do not know the person and I do not know the circumstances around it. I do know that for me, it took a lot of a lot of a lot of Day Ones before it stuck. But as long as I was learning something each time, and making progress, no matter how small, I still held hope. I genuinely believe that if you are posting on MWO, you know you need to quit, even if it's still buried deep down somewhere. With that come people who know they need to quit, but just aren't ready yet for whatever reason. There might be a few that are lying to themselves, and there might be a few that never quit, but all we can do is support people who ask and continue to share the lessons we learned along the way. I know the messages of support helped me.
      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Are we rare species ?

I mean us those who r alcoholics but believe in complete abstainance. Or have embrased this way of life. I am yet to find someone in real life who used to drunk like me and left booze like me.

I never smoked. so I don't know what kind of pain smokers go thru in case they are planning to quit. But then there are people I know quit and feel so good and proud but keep drinking. Can I find anyone I mean anyone outside this site who believes in long term abstaining from AL.

What's more I hardly rather I DONT know way one online or offline who is like me of my age. (Mid 30s). I recall when I was a newbie I used to interact with some many folks here and used to feel discoursed when I found that most of people who were successfully off booze for long time we're all 50 plus. I used to feel at that time that they have enjoyed their life and now at that age they decide to quit. I later realize that I am so lucky to realize early on rather than waste another 15 to 20 years on AL. But the. How many life me ?

I had a mid 30 potential customer in my office today. He was here all the way from Singapore, English maybe from Manchester, UK. It was terribly hot and humid day here in Delhi and during the sweaty afternoon I remake day it would feel so good to take some chilled beer !! I faked that statement in order to amuse him and he WAS amused ! His response "oh Yeah !" And I felt hey even he drinks ... So am even rarer now ..

I also see young people people in late teens or early 20's. Their idea of living life : clubbing, selfie, social networking, shots, getting high, wasted .... That's how an average joe feel how one should chill out.

I got a bunch of friends who are at this time in Goa in a beach time weekend partying and drinking away ...

We alcoholics who realised to live life sober .. And their benefits ... Are indeed rare !
        Rahul
        --------------------------------------------
        Rewiring my brain ... done ...
        Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
        Rebooting ... done ...
        Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Indeed Rahul but remain certain you are doing the right thing!
          I knew in 2002 I needed to co trol my drinking or quit. I couldnt control it until I quit in 2014. A bit pathetic it took so long, be proud of yourself!
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

TJAF, your words brought me to tears. Thank you for the very kind remarks. B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Rahul, the world is filled with many people who do not drink. They are just quiet about it, alcohol has no value to them. They don't say on a hot day, "Boy, I'm going to go home and have a big icy glass of lemonade!" That fellow you met may have also been joking with you. Alcohol is a very social, cultural thing that connects people. I have have discovered that I can connect with people in so many other ways. I think you also have that skill. According to friend Google, about 1/3 of Americans don't drink at all. I don't know about your country, but I bet there are lots of non-drinkers there as well.
              Last edited by Sunbeam; July 25, 2015, 07:27 PM.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

:victorious:
                Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Congratulations on your two year milestone, TJ!

Comment

Well done TJ - thats fantastic!

Comment

well ALRIGHT!!! TJ
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

:welldone: Great job, TJ. Here's to the rest of your life! :welldone:

Comment

Wow!!! Great job, TJ!! Two years really solidified it for me... well done! Thank you for all you do around here! Mighty proud of you, B
                          :two:
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Great job Tj
                            Rahul
                            --------------------------------------------
                            Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                            Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                            Rebooting ... done ...
                            Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Thanks. It's been a good day. Way better than 2 years ago. I was sick, shakey and coming out of my skin. Yup it's a good day!
                              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hooooooray for 2 years well done TJAF!
                                AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Working...
                                X