100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi 100 Day Clubbers,

I just posted over on the Gloamers' thread, so won't repeat myself here. Thankyou, Pav, for your practical suggestions.

Thank The Gods for this site. Of course, it's the members who make it. Thankyou to everyone, and best wishes,

Steady
    AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hi 100 dayers!

Yes, it was my goal to make it here. After struggling to moderate for 7 long years here, it finally became apparent one day (I'm a slow learner) that the shut off valve doesn't work properly and all the bargaining, praying, and hoping wasn't going to change things. One of my favorite lines from Byrdie was "I grew a backbone instead of a wishbone."

Rather than repeat my story, for those who care for a read I'll refer you to my post today started on a thread I created when I was only 3 days sober. It's been a journey, ups and downs as we all know, but hey, I get to be a part of a great club here (MWO) and now part of a group who are truly dedicated to their quits by having 100 days or more of sobriety. Glad to be here!

My name is Addy and I am simply All Done Drinking...Yes!
      Last edited by All done drinking; October 24, 2015, 05:12 PM.
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Well done, Addy! I am so proud of you! I must say, you make a wonderful abber! Thank you for your dedication here , I really believe that in helping others, we help ourselves more. Keep up the great work! I really enjoyed your progress note. You have come a long way. Hugs to you, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Congratulations on 100 days Addy, i remember so wanting to post on this thread that i would not even open it and peak till i was 100 days. The sense of achievement that i actually made 100 was a proud moment. Have a happy day and life only gets better and better. xx

Hi Steady, nice to see you popping in. Sending you hugs and thinking of you. xx
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Congrats Addy - glad to have you here with us
            Be proud of yourself & always be grateful that you have your freedom back. Take care of your quit, it's precious!!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande,

You were a role model way back when as I would peruse the AF sites and post many things on the mod board how I questioned whether modding could work. Everyone on the AF site looked so free, not in that crazy bondage of counting, planning, worrying, etc. Well, obviously moderating couldn't work for me but glad people like you were on the AF site sharing their stories and pearls of wisdom that certainly planted seeds.

Addy~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Glad you made it Addy!!!
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Welcome to this group, Addy. I post more often on the gratitude thread, but it is great to have this home group.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and say hello.. because I can!
                    3 digits feels very good.nthego:
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Welcome aboard, Mary! We are so glad to see you!
                      Just LOOK at your accomplishment! Well done! b
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        Just wanted to pop in and say hello.. because I can!
                        3 digits feels very good.nthego:
                        I feel the same way Mary. Welcome. I had my eye on this prize. Glad to see you joined us!

Addy~

Comment

#9, #9, #9
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Ok, Sam, what am I missing??? 999????

Welcome, Addy and Mary. So glad you made it to this group -- it is a "club" I never want to leave!!

During my first 100 days, I felt sort of scared to even read this thread -- like it was a place you weren't allowed to go until you earned it. It made me feel like a little kid, sneaking to read stuff I wasn't supposed to even know about. I really really wanted to belong here - where the people who had what I wanted were "allowed" to post.

I have no idea now why I was so weird about it -- maybe because I had so little self confidence. I didn't even have the guts to post here until day 104 or something, needing prove that I really deserved to be here or something.

Now I hope that people with less than 100 days DO read this thread and aspire to be here - it's long enough to have a clear head and an ability to make a rational, considered decision about whether alcohol can fit in to your life. I know 30 days is usually the original time point but for me, my thinking was much clearer after 3 months or so.

Hope you're all doing well, NS

Comment

For me NS, it showed me that it was a group of people "dedicated to their quit". I guess I was so naive always being on the moderator board and thinking that everyone who posted over here on the AF side was super dedicated to their quit and protecting it at all costs (like people in AA seem to be). I was surprised that more people than I realized still drank and talked about how they drank (as if it was no big deal for some of them). To clarify, there are folks who relapse and are regretful, or who really want to quit but relapse over and over. Relapse can happen so easily to anyone and it scared me to post on threads where some people weren't really strong in their resolve to quit. For example, I would never tempt myself to go back to the mods board and see moderators post where things seemed easy for them. Would make me question my resolve in quitting. But what gave me hope is that there were folks here who made it 100 days and didn't relapse those first 3 months that can be so difficult for many. To stay strong and prevent relapse those first 3 critical months, I was desperate to find a thread where people were really "working their program" and I figured a thread where people had 100 days or more would be what I was looking for. I am truly grateful to be here and hope to glean pearls of wisdom from folks who value their quit like I do. When we take it lightly and become complacent, I think we become drinkers again and I don't want to go back to that sad life of regret, remorse, shame, fear, anxiety, etc.

My name is Addy, and I am simply All Done Drinking...Yes!

p.s. Sam, yes, I don't get it either. What is 9, 9, 9?
                              Last edited by All done drinking; October 28, 2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

900 for me today
                                #9,#9,#9
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X