No announcement yet.

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steady. We all still pop in from time to time. This spot on the thread is special. I can remember thinking that I'll never make the grade. I'm so glad I did.
    Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

TJAF, Im with you on that. I never thought I would be able to post here. The days just creep up and it is easier the longer I have been sober.
      Nice to see you all, Steady, Sunbeam, Ginger, G.

Have a great sober day.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Narilly and TJAF, good to see you here. January, which I call the month of peace, is winding down, and I'm feeling almost caught up with some things. Probably as soon as the end of next month, I'll feel behind again. Life is busy, and it is good.
        Last edited by Sunbeam; January 26, 2016, 08:44 PM.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam. Busy is good. Keeps the mind from wandering down boozeville avenue! I struggled a bit this last weekend. Nothing serious but being trapped by a blizzard for 4 days had me wistfully thinking about my drinking days. As I said nothing serious, I still remember how miserable I was but it does amaze me how F'ed up the alcohol brain works. I'm a bit ADD so the boredom drove me nuts. I took it all in and Ill be better prepared the next time I'm trapped by Mother Nature.
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

All good this end. Hope your all having a bewdy. Off to the gym then an easy beach run. :llama:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G'day 100 Day Clubbers!

My Mum's dementia is worsening, and it's painful to visit her in the nursing home. Still have lots of stuff in Mum & Dad's house to do something with, as it has to be sold to pay for Mum's care. The house is over an hour's drive away, and spending time there is hard since Dad died. Work is very stressful, and the technology is driving me batty................

.............But you know what? I feel good because despite everything I DO NOT DRINK!! Sometimes it's the only good thing I have to hold onto, but what a wonderful thing sobriety is! So long as I remain steadfast I'll make it through. Spent yesterday (Australia Day) eating lamingtons and reading Jack Kerouac!

Travel well, everyone,
              Steady
              AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

I'm must be getting OLD or something. Apparently I have forgotten to stop in to say hello.

j-vo, I hope to see you here now that you are '100'

Steady, I am sorry about your Mum's dementia, I know how hard that is. In a way, she has it a lot easier than you do right now so continue to take care of yourself :hug:

TJ, that blizzard was a B*tch!
                Can't wait for it all to melt. I felt a bit trapped too!

Sunbeam. how's your weather? Too soon for gardening, huh?

Take care everyone

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                  I'm must be getting OLD or something. Apparently I have forgotten to stop in to say hello.

j-vo, I hope to see you here now that you are '100'

Steady, I am sorry about your Mum's dementia, I know how hard that is. In a way, she has it a lot easier than you do right now so continue to take care of yourself :hug:

TJ, that blizzard was a B*tch!
                  Can't wait for it all to melt. I felt a bit trapped too!

Sunbeam. how's your weather? Too soon for gardening, huh?

Take care everyone

Lav
                  Lav. Not too soon to start your Tomatoes!

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hello everyone!
                    Hope everyone is sailing along!

Quite an emotional roller coaster here. Meeting my nephew for the first time (well, I saw him when he was about a month old, 42 years ago) and then seeing him meet his half brother for the first time was just amazing. At dinner one night, the older one ordered three shots of Tequila for us to celebrate the future! Of course, I passed mine over to someone else. That was a lot of pressure....(believe it or not). The thoughts rushed in "One won't matter", "Tequila doesn't count because you don't drink that!!" I couldn't believe what I was thinking in that flash of time! Finally, Rational Byrdie emerged with, "NO, HELL NO!!" AL IS THE EMENY!!! GET RID OF IT!! So I did.

Pav wrote in the NN yesterday about punches coming out of nowhere....that one did. Gotta keep our guard up!
                    Hugs to all, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                      Hello everyone!
                      Hope everyone is sailing along!

Quite an emotional roller coaster here. Meeting my nephew for the first time (well, I saw him when he was about a month old, 42 years ago) and then seeing him meet his half brother for the first time was just amazing. At dinner one night, the older one ordered three shots of Tequila for us to celebrate the future! Of course, I passed mine over to someone else. That was a lot of pressure....(believe it or not). The thoughts rushed in "One won't matter", "Tequila doesn't count because you don't drink that!!" I couldn't believe what I was thinking in that flash of time! Finally, Rational Byrdie emerged with, "NO, HELL NO!!" AL IS THE EMENY!!! GET RID OF IT!! So I did.

Pav wrote in the NN yesterday about punches coming out of nowhere....that one did. Gotta keep our guard up!
                      Hugs to all, Byrdie
                      My boss handed me an oyster shooter (vodka) in New Orleans. He knows I love oysters and he knew I was a drinker so I got the look when I passed

William Butler Yeats

Comment

TJAF, I read somewhere on this site that each time we are around Al and we pass, our no-alcohol-muscle gets that big stronger. It certainly seems that way to me. I like being able to say no to Al, and feel stronger for it. And same to Rational Byrdie! To know that you still can have those feelings after your time AF is a reminder to us all to stay vigilant.
                        Last edited by STEADFAST; January 29, 2016, 02:53 AM. Reason: Put a comma where a full stop should be; don't have glasses on!
                        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hi all,
                          I'm taking advantage of this opportunity to join, as I want to continue to strengthen my sober muscles. Making it to 100 was a great day, and I hope, with the support of this site and friends I'll continue on this journey for a long, long, time. One day at a time.

Steady, sorry to hear of your mother's illness. It's so sad to see, so emotional. I'm going through similar stuff right now, and my emotions are all over the place. One day I'm strong, the next I'm crying off and on. But the important thing is we aren't relying on booze to get us through those moments and it would only make us feel so much worse and unable to take on this big family responsibility.

G, the beach sounds like heaven. I drove through a white-out this morning. Kinda scary, but I made it to work.

I don't know if we are ever cured, or if there is such a thing for addiction, but I know that it takes daily effort, staying connected, and being honest to stay sober.
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Welcome J-VO!!!!!!!!

William Butler Yeats

Comment

J-vo, welcome to this group. I think we will be posting here until moss grows out of our ears! Stay close, friend, I know you will continue to build a great new life.

Lav, I still can see the grass in my yard, no snow yet this year, we usually average 100 inches per year. February begins the gardening season with classes talks at local libraries. I'm missing the seed swap this weekend to attend a family funeral, sigh.
                              Last edited by Sunbeam; January 30, 2016, 07:00 AM.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Glad you are here j-vo :welldone:

There is great strength in numbers, we help hold each other up

TJ, have you started your tomatoes????
                                Ha ha, feels like a pipe dream with all this snow on the ground.

Hi the Sunbeam!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X