• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in :happy2:

Steady
    AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Wow, missed this Lav.
      Good for you, see it is possible! And my guess is you no longer wonder if you can slip in 'just one' any longer.
      Liberation!

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
      Talking about oldies -

Today I celebrate 7 years AF! I think I have this thing figured out, ha ha!!!
      I was determined to never disappoint myself again & am proud to say - so far so good

Stay on board everyone!!
      Last edited by Eloise; May 9, 2016, 02:01 PM.
      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

tee jaf...missed your days mark...well done and congrats to you on the big 100
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

It's the middle of May? GEEZ!

TJ, congrats on your 1000+ AF days :welldone:

I need to remember to check in here more often, ha ha!
          Keep the faith everyone, we can do this
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Me too Lav. Well done TJ! :victorious:
            (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

I done figured out why they call this the hundred day club, been that long since I last posted. Big how do to all!!
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

How do, Sam!
                It has been a while since this thread was a new member. We have several well on their way. Great to see you over here, hope all is well. Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Time to check in & say HI

I can't keep track of the time anymore, it flies too fast!
                  Hi Bydie & Sam!

Great things happen when you live your life as it was meant to be lived. I am busy, clear headed & regret/remorse free. Don't you all agree?
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

positutely
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hey 100 Day'ers! Hope everyone is staying healthy and happy! B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Yes Lav, my AF life is great. Lots of time digging in the dirt these days.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'm gonna post this is the 100 day topic because it took me over 100 days to get here. The day I quit drinking I weighed somewhere around 215 pounds. I'm really jealous of all of you who instantly lost weight the minute you stopped drinking because I actually gained weight, and for the longest time I couldn't get below 208 pounds no matter what I did or tried. Well I'm pleased to say that I finally got back under 200 pounds today. Stepped on the scale this morning and it said 198.8. I had to get off and try again to make sure it wasn't a mistake. A lot of it was eating regularly, keeping active, and hitting the gym 4-5 times a week, but I wouldn't be doing any of that if I was drinking. The only regular exercise I was getting was doing bicep curls lifting the poison to my mouth. I estimate I gained anywhere between 30 and 40 pounds during my drinking career, so I'm afraid of what I'd look like and feel l like if I kept drinking for the last 20 months as well.

Sorry to brag, but I'm pretty excited to be back under 200 again! I'd like to knock off a few more pounds (who wouldn't?), but I'm pretty damn happy with everything now.

Have a great day everyone!
                          11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

OMG, Elvis, I am just seeing this!
                            Congratulations on this great LOSS! Wowzers! Thats a lot of weight! You SHOULD be proud!
                            Lifestyle change is hard, you've done two of the toughest! Here's to YOU!

I came over to welcome Laeot to the 100 Day thread, Im so glad I saw this!
                            Hugs to you and keep rockin! Its working! Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Elvis congratulations on the weight loss. I jumped up in weight when I first quit as well. I had a serious sweet tooth after I quit...pretty common. It's taken me nearly 3 years to lose that extra weight but I'm on a downward trend. Calorie counting and walkiing seems to do the trick. Hello Sunbeam and Lady Byrd! Sorry I've been quiet of late. I guess it's good that I don't think much about the dark days but I feel guilty about not paying that wonderful gift of sobriety forward by encouraging newbies. Sobriety, despite the long odds is possible. We are all living proof!
                              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

I feel honored to be a part now of a "long term abstainers" group! I too have gained weight. Part of it is probably weather-related. My last drink was on March 22, which gave me about a good two months of nice outdoors weather during which time I was riding my bike a lot, but it is just too damn hot to be outside during the day here in Florida (unless you're out on the water), and then there are the afternoon downpours and thunderstorms. I'm just not a indoor cardio type of guy. During my last stay in detox, I was also put on Celexa and continued on Remeron and antidepressants are known to stimulate appetite, particularly Remeron, which makes sense because depressed people don't eat.

A few days ago I started thinking about how good a sip of brandy (of all things - that was never my drink of choice) would taste and the amount I thought about it really surprised me. What also came as an even better surprise is that once you pass roughly three months, it really is easy to let these thoughts pass without having to grapple with them to get them out of your mind. If you are an alcoholic, abstinence really is the "easier, softer way" as they're so fond of saying in AA. Even armed with the best of intentions, I'm NEVER (at least in this reality) going to have only a sip of brandy. At best I will wake up feeling like crap, and more than likely I will still be drunk. Jack Trimpey talks about this in the book Rational Recovery, though he doesn't really explain why this is unique to alcoholics, but for some reason, as alcohol sedates the frontal lobe and higher functioning, it paradoxically stimulates the midbrain (more basic functions; the "reptilian" brain) driving an alcoholic to chase that buzz and drink more and more. Anyway, I found that interesting - sorry this post ended up being longer than I intended.
                                First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Working...
                                X