Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last time I blew it when trying to mod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farfalla...can you get Calms Forte just at the drug store or do you have to order it online...I've heard so many good things about it...thanks! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Byrdlady!

Calms Forte is available at CVS and Walgreen's....I could not find it at Target, have never looked at Walmart. it is generally cleverly concealed on a low shelf near the other over the counter sleep aids...I often have to ask for it.

When I take it in the evening, before bedtime, it mostly works just fine. If I wake EARLY, as in 4 or 5 am, and take it then, I think it gives me peculiar dreams...so now I just go ahead and get up EARLY. Which actually then helps me to get to sleep a little earlier the following night.

Oh, and it costs about seven dollars, so not a huge investment. Homeopathy is still beyond me, but, whatever works, and is nonaddictive! The fewer meds we can get away with, the better, IMO.

Hope it helps! FF
      . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Thanks so much...I will check it out!! I've wasted $7 on a bad lunch, so for a few good nights of sleep I will happily fork over 7 bucks! ZZZZ, B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

LOL when I first started, I was following the supplement schedule in Roberta's book. It called for taking Calms Forte a few times throughout the day. Then when I went to re-fill my weekly pill box, I found the updated (2007 I think) schedule, which only had you taking it later in the day. No wonder I was constantly tired! Now I only take it before bed, and not even every night! I'm amazed at how well it works. I've even seen it in the supermarket!
          Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
          When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

Need to get some of this! Thanks guys.

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

I've used Hyland's Calms Fort? off & on for yrs & it's been out there a while. Known others who've said they feel super drowsy in am. Then I asked how many pills & they took 2-3. Also have used Original Rescue Remedy, Rescue Sleep, by Bachflower. I like the Calms Fort? for sleep better, but one pill only, late at night is enough & only occasional use. For myself Rescue Remedy is OK for mild anxiety, like test taking, speeches, etc.

I think there may be more detail of these products archived in holistic section.

I've also saved money by joining certain groups, 1st time buyers & buying products in bulk, promo codes.

Comment

Eve11;1380894 wrote: Slaythefear,

The problem with benzodiazepines like Xanax, Valium, Librium, etc. is that they are addicting. Actually I like your remedy of the herbal teas for a healthier anti-anxiety regimine. Dave mentioned Calme-Forte as well and I have heard that is very good too. The more natural, the healthier is how I feel.
                :l
                Eve11
                Eve, can you tell me why 'natural' is non addictive vs. a benzo? I will share some articles with you at a later time as I'm quite tired right now. I wanted to respond to my thirty day thread because everyone was so kind and to this because I wanted to bring some thoughts to this issue. I used to be an all natural anti-drug person, but I've learned some things along the way. Remember, natural isn't regulated either. It can come from anywhere. Also, check out how these 'natural' substances work in the brain compared to a drug. Then think about why one is addictive and one is not? Hint: Alcohol is addictive because of how it reacts on the receptors in the brain. How do natural herbs work? How about Ativan? Passionflower and/or valerian root...how does it work?

Be back again.

Be well.
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Wanted to chime in briefly regarding the calms forte. When I started the whole MWO program , that particular part of the regime ease only one I had a lot of trouble with. It gave me very strange dreams like farfalla mentioned and it also seemed to raise my anxiety level.

I stopped it immediately and went back to normal. I know people have had much success with and I'm jealous ! I hate not sleeping well

Well, just wanted to add my 2 cents.

On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Calms Forte works really well for me as well, and I did see it at Target this week for the first time, I also got it on Amazon for a very good price, and it is not at all expensive to start. I also only take it if I go to bed on time, one if it is normal night - up to three if stress is high and I know that sleep will be a problem.
                    All the research I did has not shown any indication of addictive properties, it is just chamomille, it is made by Hyland which has a established reputation...
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

On the natural vs chemical topic... Be advised that Ativan does pretty much the same thing that alcohol does. It's useful to taper off alcohol safely but is not a long term solution - your liver is better, but your brain is in the same spot as when you were drinking.

"Natural" is not always better - nature makes some incredibly deadly poisons, after all! Whoever decided nature was somehow on our side?!? To sleep, I use Ativan occasionally and herbal remedies/teas occasionally, but my goal is to not need either too often!

Everything in moderation... isn't that the point of this forum anyway?

Comment

Just saw your note and no time to reply now as I'm checking the site quickly before work but you've stimulated my brain so will get back to you. You are right about the naturals not being regulated like FDA meds. Sometimes too, herbal drugs will interact with pharmaceuticals. Have a story to tell re that later.

Eve11
                        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

SPAM!!!!

"I like people too much or not at all."
                          Sylvia Plath

Comment

LibraryGirl;1403557 wrote: SPAM!!!!

I don't get it LG? What do you mean?:h

Eve11
                            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Ewe I hate Spam, both the food and the mail
                              And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Working...
                              X