Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

Hello Absville,

Well, day 13 for me. Hope all is well with all of you. It's been bucketing down with rain over the last few days here in Southeast Asia. Floods, devastation ... Anyways ...

On the positive side, with the loads of official functions taking place this week, I've just been on water, so I'm really proud of myself. Particularly because the Topa dose of 225 mgs seems to be working so well. On this note, I just want to draw all those among you who are on Topa's attention to the thread I started some moons ago. I'd be interested in getting some input on your future strategy ... Sort of the post-Topa days. I guess, similar to me, you don't plan to take the stuff forever.

I sort of outlined my ideas for the future under: Topamax and other meds/ Topamax Survey/Dosage - Length, etc. 'Longterm Topa Users - What's your OFF Switch Dose? What's your Strategy?.

I'd appreciate your input. I'm sort of considering switching to supps altogether maybe in a year's time or so, depending on whether I manage to hold the fort ...

Best,
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

Good job Paddy. I don't know regarding Topa beyond 50 mg. That with the kudzu is very helpful to me.
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

30 days today. WooHoo!

Have to get back to work. Will post an update tomorrow. Soooo bloody busy it's not funny. I need a holiday!

Scoobs
      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

You go scub!! 30 days is a major hurdle to get over. I am so proud of you!! Don't let anything get in your way.
        bear
        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

Great Job Scooby, must feel fantastic. :goodjob:
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

Well done on 13 days Paddy and 30 days Scooby is fab!!! For once its not raining here in London- the sun is out and my head is happy today. My son has his sports day at school this morning so we are all full of it and going to win some races! Have a good day everyone. Bella xxx

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

well done paddy and scooby..an inspiration to me to keep at the goals!!

Have a fun day

cassy

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

Its another dull, grey and rainy day here in my part of the UK, but for me every day is a sunshine day now, whoopee...

Paddy and Scoobie, a BIG congratulations to you both, you are doing a fantastic job, keep it up...

Another two days of my holiday left then back to work for me on Thursday, hopefully not for much longer though..

Have a good day everyone,

Love, Louise xxx
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

Way to go scoobs. Very nicely done

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

Well done Paddy and Scoobs.
                    And Louise...enjoy the sunshine...

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

Happy Tuesday AB-o-riginees! Kudos to Paddy and Scooby!
                      Louise, sorry it's gloomy there but if anyone can brighten the place up it's you
                      I had a super butt-kicking workout last night which felt soooo goood. I was on an endorphin high all night and even had trouble sleeping. Feels grand to be sore in a good way.
                      Be well friends!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

Morning All!

Congrats Scoobs!
                        30 days~you did it!
                        So proud of you!

Good idea Paddy-Congrats on 14! I just recently stopped Topa after 5 months @ 125mg. I didn't need to go higher as the cravings stopped. I never took the supps. After conquering triggers that would have caused me to drink in the past -I was given the confidence to know I can do it-with or without Topa. Those little accomplishments do add up & empower you. Now it's just the mental cravings-those stupid thoughts that enter the brain.

*side note: I was more successful on Topa for 5 months @125 mgs doing it completely AF then trying Topa 2 yrs ago @100 mgs for 10 mnths while moderating. The moderation did not work while on Topa for me. I constantly over did it-another endless cycle of failure & success. Being AF while taking Topa - I'm the longest AF since I began my journey. Going on 7 months and I don't miss a thing. I'm finally enjoying with eyes wide open. No worries-just freedom from the bottle. It's just the thoughts that I have to work on saying it's ok to have just one.

bear~good luck at the Dr.'s. Let us know how it goes with your tests.

Have a good one everyone!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/278126=1078-attachment.gif[/img] [img]/converted_files/278126=1196-attachment.jpg[/img]
                        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

Hi all,

Paddy glad you've found a dosage the works for you, well done on you af days.

And way to go Scooby!!! 30 days is great in fact you will have surpassed that already and be on 31.

Day 16 for me and I am feeling a bit brighter than yesterday. Been to another employment agency today and stocked up on L-Glute. Got my mom and stepdad coming at the weekend so I have to be prepared.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Kitty
                          Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                          Confucius

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

Hi All!

Everyone seems pretty chipper today. Boy, Breez, I would love to get off the topa someday. It helps with the cravings, obviously, but more recently does nothing for my appetite. I've PUT ON 3 lbs since stopping drinking (and it ain't muscle, trust me ). Ouch!

Anyway, I have an easy work day today, so I'm going to try to do some catching up on stuff I haven't been able to get to.

First challenge tomorrow. I've been invited to a 4th of July party. I do have some antabuse here, so I may pop one for insurance purposes.

Have a good day all!

Congrats on everyone's successes!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday, 3 July 2004

Congrats on 16 Kitty-that's great!

Kath-Good luck @ the party

That's awesome that both of you are preparing yourselves for potential triggers! You girls shine!

p.s. Kath-I gained 10 lbs-now I wish I could substitute exercise for eating(I didn't eat when I drank)! My second time around with Topa I had no weight loss!
                              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X