Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed 4th July - INDEPENDENCE DAY!

4th of July

Hope you all had a good day. I finally have 6 AF days. It has been a struggle, but wow, do I feel so much better.
    Love and Peace,
    Phil
    Love and Peace,
    Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Congratulations on your 6 days, Phil. You have continued to hang in there and fight! I'm proud of you, friend. Keep up the good work!

I'm really sorry about your knee Victoria. I know what your running means to you. Are you going to see a doctor and make sure it's nothing serious? I'm glad that, for now, you are icing it down and resting it. Is there anything low impact that you can do to keep training? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. And it's wonderful that you are so close to 6 months!

Anyway, it's nite-nite time for me. I'm pooped!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hi y'all. Happy Independance Day!! Being English it's kinda fun celebrating it - we let our american kids kick us out of the house and then let us back in later!! My 10 year old wants to post a video of it on U Tube (not sure about that one, but I'll keep you posted!!) Had a quiet day - it's gone 11pm and I'm still sober!! I only had four glasses of wine all day YIPEE!! I'm so glad that everyone seems to have had a great day AF / Mod wise! Keep it going - you're all inspiring me to do it!! I'm sorry that you had a rough day Victoria - like Kathy said, keep resting it for a while and then you could try some water exercise or some other low impact exercise to keep up yout training until it gets better. I would definately see a doctor just to be sure, especially as the race is so important to you. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. Good night all!!
        "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson :rays:

Comment

Victoria... wow.. almost 6 months! I really understand the frustrations of an injury... ESPECIALLY with knees/patella tract/ITB... ughh! Totally understand. Find yourself the best sports physion possible and get to work on it. Try water running or swimming to keep your aerobic and anaerobic levels in order.

Paddy & Phil... bloody well done! Stick with it!

Scoobs
          :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Working...
          X