Aloha Friday 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aloha Friday 6th

Top of the morning AB world. Feeling much better today, good workout last night and got over my "mental hangover". It was 108 degrees F yesterday and will be close to that today...yick. with any due luck our bathroom remodel that was supposed to be done this time last year will be mostly done this weekend! yeah!
    Be well friends,
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Aloha Friday 6th

Hi Det,

Gosh that's hot, hope you get your bathroom finished.

I'm still busy cleaning in preparation for my mum's visit this weekend. Would be making quicker progress if I didn't have a crazy kitten folowing me around and getting under my feet!

I'm going to have to stay strong this weekend, got "drinks" tomorrow with both sets of parents before dinner then Sunday lunch day after. Plus no doubt there will be wine at home too. I don't want to have to go back to day 1, I have tried so hard and don't want to undo my good work. Think I'll take extra L-Glute just in case.

Well have a super weekend everyone,

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Comment

Aloha Friday 6th

Hi Det and Kitty and everyone else!

Det, I hope your bathroom gets done. You really sound like you are getting back to your old self again! It's good to hear you sounding like your spunky self! Boy and I thought it was hot here! Stay cool baby!

Kitty good luck this weekend staying AF. You'll be so proud that you did. Just make sure you have something that you really like to drink that's AF to enjoy! So little Monty is underfoot now? Sounds like he is bonding with you well.

My day is uneventful. I had a big craving earlier and felt really pissed off that I can't drink, but it has subsided now and I feel okay.

Here's to an AF weekend!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Aloha Friday 6th

Evening All-

Took kids to a dinasaur park with tracks & a beautiful nature walk. Went down to the shore to eat & caught t-storms on way home. We bought some fishing poles yesterday & will maybe go to a park pond & teach kids so they can do it at our town's lake. My dad you'd to take me when I was small.

Deter-glad you're feeling better. I heard on the news of the heat wave.

Kitty-stay strong. You can do it. It's just a visit that will be over before you know it.

Hi Kath-we were posting same time. That's it Kath-it's temporary. The more we dwell on it the longer it stays in our minds.

Have a great Friday night everyone.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Aloha Friday 6th

Good Eve All,

My first weekend AF......tonight should be no problem as have a good deal of driving around to do. Tomorrow will be a different story though so shall have to mentally prepare myself. I've purchase (again) all the vitamins and supps so will rely on those as well as the cd's. I haven't listened to them in a while.

Stay strong all. I'd love to hear about how you all beat the urges and cravings. I always use wine to calm the inner storm so I'll have to devise a plan to calm myself without the vino.
          Take Care All,

Janet

Comment

Aloha Friday 6th

Stay the course everyone!
            Janet, Boston is so neat.... I love little Italy in northtown, well all the delis and restaurants especially. But living on the left coast I don't get there too often.

yes, Vino was my cure, then cause of my life's difficulties. How ironic it's all become.
            if I have bad cravings I'll take a couple heaping teaspoons of L-Glut powder in juice...yes that's a lot (about 10 grams) but it really helps and is non toxic. If I'm also anxious/and/or/depressed Ill take a half to level teaspoon of inositol powder (be carefull it will make you drowsy) so it's actually great before bed for insomnia. Thankfully I've stopped substituting with sugar like I was a couple months ago. Thiamin (B1) is also really important as well as the rest of all that good stuff. The MWO kudzu helps many.
            Good luck with the parents Kitty. Happy 90 degree evening from the high desert y'all
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Aloha Friday 6th

Hi Guys

Breez, your little ones are going to look back on this summer (and future summers) with you with such amzing loving memories. You are creating great memories and moments for your family I'm really so happy for you!

Kath, so cool that you recognised it for what it was (just a thought) and it passed. Wow... your days are really clocking up. Nearly a month now?

I'm in bed sick... sooo sick. I went to the doc this morning and am on anti-biotics now so hopefully they'll kick in by tomorrow.

Hey I had such a cool dream the other night. I was at a party and someone asked why I wasn't drinking and I just said it how it is "I got sick of the hangovers" which is one of the many reasons, but the simplicity of saying it that way was a great feeling. Anyone with a drinking problem would relate to that and be happy for that person who'd quit it. And the dream was as simple as that!

Mick is going to a dinner party tonight and I'm staying home in bed which is where I want to be. I feel like I need some time apart from him (he crowds me in a bit sometimes but is so sweet and loving) so it's a good thing he's going. I'll just be sleeping more anyway. So I still haven't been in many social drinking situations yet, but that's ok, there will be plenty in the future! :H 34 days today!

Scoobs
              :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Aloha Friday 6th

thats great scoobs , ive just done my first week today and feeling very positive!

Comment

Working...
                X