Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, 09 July 2007

G'day Abbers,

Let's kick off Monday with a shout of James Brown's 'I feel gooooooooood' ;-) Hey, how do you guys like the current overhaul of avatars (sparked by Lucky)? In fact, we should have a weekly/fortnightly avatar theme, ha, ha).

Anyways, just a shout from this side of the world (17 days AF!!) that everything is fine.

Best:h
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Monday, 09 July 2007

Still sick... in fact I think I'm getting worse. Ughh! Thank god work was a quiet day today. I'll post more when I'm feeling better (hopefully tomorrow). On a positive note, I am feeling great about my sobriety decision... last week I went through a whole week of feeling really down and thinking of the negative things with sobriety but this week is another story. It must've just been a phase.

I hope everyone's well and feeling absolutely fabulous every day in sobriety!

Scoobs
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

Hi Scoobs,

I didn't get the scope of the decision. So you're doing the whole mile, ey?
      Paddy

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

Hi Guys,

Paddy 17 days, cool!! Scooby sorry to hear you are poorly, I checked out the singer you mentioned on Happy's thread, and gotta say he is a cutie!!

I had a really great w/end with my mom. The weather was lovely and we took her to the beach, she loves the sea and she really needed a break.

And I made it through without a drink!! Yipee. I was a bit self concious just having soft drinks but no one commented. My mom doesn't drink much so I was fine with dinner on Sat and my stepdad had to drive home so we didn't have wine with Sunday lunch.

So glad to be on day 21 instead of back to square one again. Next social event is this coming Saturday so I can relax a bit for a few days.

Have a good day all,

Kitty
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
        Confucius

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

Kitty, my god! 21 days is fantastic! Well done chickadee! I've got to say, I have just spent the past half hour or so checking out that link to DriIrene's page and what a fantastic resource! Great find.

Paddy, yes, I'm going the whole hog. An AF lifestyle is what is floating my boat baby I don't have cravings but the emotional/psych side of adjusting will probably take a long time, and that's ok; the most important thing is that I don't have that daily struggle and no more hangovers. I tried the topa but found that it wasn't the physical addiction I needed to counter, but the emotional addiction. I'm just taking it a day at a time, and at the moment I keep trying to picture a resort type holiday without alcohol and it's not quite gelling :H but I'll get there. Rome wasn't built in a day!

So yeah, these days, I am free of everything - nicotine, alcohol, anti-anxiety meds. Looking back, I am sure that alcohol played a very large role in a very slow and cumulative general anxiety in me, and I'm free of that now in such a short space of time and I ain't going back

Scoobs
          :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

hi
            I feel gooooood too! , but jeez, Scoobs, you've been sick for ages, what does the Dr say?
            Had a good weekend. Survived the 'girls only' belly dancing night on pure cranberry juice....man, those nurses can sure shimmy and shake and drink! once they were wasted and that jangly music was thrown out the window for Gloria Gaynor's " I will survive" , I was finally able to creep away unoticed.
            What is it with women and THAT song, I could hear them howling the lyrics halfway down the street!! of course, usually I'm in the thick of it, dancing round my handbag and singing out my wrath to all my mankind too. Thank God for sobreity!!!
            3 more days of this present job to go...but, who's counting.
            Jane x:dancin:
            Jane :heart:

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

Good on ya, Scoobs.

I know exactly what that feels like, the emotional bit. Fortunately my brush with anti-depressants was but a year, and during that year I did a lot of research on the topic. So mid-way I decided to go against the advice of the doctors and break the cycle. Thanks God I did.

Unfortunately, I've had a few onsets of panic attacks lately, and one full panic attack last Saturday. But I guess I need to find a way to deal with it by cutting down caffeine and doing breathing exercises. But I'm certainly not doing it the Xanax and Zoloft way again ...
              No more!
              Paddy

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

Good morning all. Had a good weekend, but I am afraid my week will be hell. I had bad dreams all night about it. Oh well, Hi Ho Hi Ho. Hope you all have a great week
                bear
                What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

It sure is great hearing everyone sounding so chipper and chirpy this Monday morning. I am enjoying everyone's avatar changes, but I don't know if I am up to it, myself. It would be nice if Happy Camper could find a nice one of Roger Federer's tush, though. Your's is quite droll, Paddy. And congrats on 17 days.

Scoobs, I'm sorry that you are still ill. I think that we do go through phases with sobriety when alcohol seems alluring again. I'm glad you didn't fall for it. I hope I am that strong when I'm in that place. I hear what you say, too, about the topa. I forgot to take it on Friday night, and I didn't even notice until the next morning. But I still didn't really have any cravings to speak of. Just the old, "Gee it's Friday night, so what do I do with myself if I'm not drinking?" I have a hard time imagining a holiday w/o drinking, and it's hard at this point to imagine it w/o drinking as well.

Kitty, I am so happy for you. You must be darn proud! With this triumph under your belt, you can face next weekend better. Just don't lose your focus! I'm glad too that you don't have to start from Day 1 again too!

Jane, you are funny. I can really visualize those women dancing around shrieking "I will survive!!!" I'm glad you got out of there when you could. Sounds like you would have needed a drink in order to stand it if you'd have stayed much longer! Thanks for making it sound funny though!

Paddy, I think it is great that you are trying to cope with the panic naturally instead of with drugs. Eventually you will get the hang of it. You might even want to check out James' website, hypnosis, subliminal and sleep learning recordings guaranteed since 1981 and see if he has anything for panic attacks.

I hope your week is better than you expect, Mike. Sometimes the anticipation is worse than the event, and I hope this is the case with you. Take deep breaths and just deal with everything as it comes! I'll be thinking of you!

Anyway, I'm okay here. Just getting ready for another day. Maddy and my sister are leaving for Paris this Thursday. It would be hard if I was going with all the divine French wine around, but I am sad not to be going too. I'll be lonely.:upset: But I will try to be productive, and I might even check out an AA meeting too. At any rate, I'll be at 30 days on Wednesday, so I will certainly think twice before I want to mess with that, as that is the longest I have managed to remain sober, and sober I want to be! I keep thinking about all the $$ I'm not spending on wine. It's a good feeling.

Anyway, hugs to all!:l

Kathy
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

AB'y Monday ABerooos! so glad to hear of the personal records being broken and goals formed. Bear, I get those work/dread dreams too...we are just worry worts sometimes.
                    Paddy insositol is brilliant for pannic disorder and is natural/non addictive FYI.
                    and I thought we were neck and neck but I'm counting today as day 18? oh well, never been good at even simple math here Kathy instead of being lonely I'm sure you'll find some neat productive things to do with your healthy self.
                    be well everyone!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

G'day Det. Thanks for the tip.

I started on 23 June. So that would make it ... 17 AF days?
                      Paddy

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

Hi All-

Late start for me today. Called my new job & was told that I now need to schedule a drug screening. Then the woman who I will be reporting to said she looked at my background check info. & noticed the street that I listed as previous address (my parents) well...small world....she lived 5 houses up the street during the time I lived with my parents. And the street I currently live on (in another town) her godmother used to live on. Weird.

Scoobs-I hope you feel beter soon. Must have been all that hard work you did. Rest up my dear-don't like to hear that you're under the weather.

paddy-congrats on 17!

Kitty-Yeah! I'm so proud of you making it thru the weekend! And you were so worried....you did it! You go girl!

Jane~LOL. Yup-alcohol + music = breezine Dion (thinking I could sing like Celine Dion). Big round of claps for you doing it AF!

bear-hope the days aren't as bad as you anticipate. We're hear if you need to "moan" about it.

Kath-30 days! Wow that came fast~pre-congrats! That's a big motivator! Good for you keeping busy & checking out a meeting.
                        How long is Maddy gone for?

Hi deter-have a good one. Congrats on 18! You're going great!

Wishing everyone a great day to another great AF week!

?Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.?
                        Attached files [img]/converted_files/280295=1234-attachment.gif[/img]
                        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

Hi Guys! Just popping in quickly to say have a great AF week everyone, nice to read all the news from you guys around the world. Still hanging in there and taking the Kudzu - hubby is on the red wine and I'm on the sparkling water! I hate red wine anyway, so no contest, but he did offer to buy me a bottle of white and little miss goody two shoes said "No thank you":wings: My halo is being polished even as we speak!

Cheers me dears!!

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

Hello All.
                            Well, I'm currently in the middle of my 100th day without booze, and I feel good.
                            I'd like to thank everyone for all your support. It means such a lot to me.

Comment

Monday, 09 July 2007

Just for you Pops!!!

Wi a hundred pipers, an a', an a', wi a hundred pipers, an a', an a', stand up and gie them a blaw, a blaw, wi a hundred pipers, an a', an a'!!!!!

A hundred piper salute for a hundred days - :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                              X