Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think i might buckle??

hi
    its day 60 AF for me today and I haven't stopped thinking about drinking ALL DAY! tomorrow is my last day at work and hubby and I are treating ourselves to a night in the City at a swish hotel and a cabaret show too. Usually these nights are full of champagne ( amongst other things), I feel quite bereft at not celebrating in our normal carefree style. God, am i turning into a wowser? i thought i had this sobreity thing licked !!!!
    I need you all to talk sense into me, please.
    Jane
    Jane :heart:

Think i might buckle??

Don't throw it overboard for a night out!

Hiya Jane,

I don't wanna spoil the fun. But put it all in perspective. It's probably 8 - 9 pm now in M'bourn, right? So you gonna throw 60 days AF overboard for a couple of hours of booze? Nahh, you're smarter than that, ey? C'mon ... And you know that! Hey, change of plans. No Cabaret. Somewhere less booze charged. Movies, maybe.
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Think i might buckle??

If you know all that ... you know you gonna run into an open knife, why do it? I've been there before. A change of plan. Posh hotel, yup. But arrange your plans around booze-free things. Healthy Spas. Massages (yup, those kinds as well, grin ...). Walks, talks, Heeeeeeeeeeey, how about, how about .....,

- Chamber Music @ Bank Street 7.30 pm: South Melbourne Town Hall

- Flamenco/Jazz Event @ World Restaurant Bar

Shop 4 Building 2 Riverside Quay
      Southbank, 3006

NO BOOZE, ey ..

What do your reckon?
      Paddy
      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Think i might buckle??

60 days AF. That is fantastic!! You must be so proud of yourself and I bet you feel so much better in yourself too. Just think how much more energy you will probably have to boogie the night away without the booze and how much more you will remember the next day too! Go enjoy yourself and find a new way to celebrate in this style just as you have managed to find a new way of day to day life without the booze.
        Be really strong, you will be so much happier with yourself if you want to keep counting the continuous AF days. You can do it, you have already shown your willpower by going this far.
        Good luck and have a good time.
        Butterfly

Comment

Think i might buckle??

Hi Janet! CONGRATS!

I would change your way of thinking. When I go out & celebrate without alcohol I think that I made a huge change & have matured from my old ways of thinking what a celebration is.

You're ending your job, starting a new chapter & you have 60 days to boot. How wonderful! Think of tomorrow as a new beginning rather than an end. Instead of thinking I'm ending my job & I need to celebrate think tomorrow I'm starting a new life, new expectations, new experiences. I have 60 days & don't want to end that too. I want to start on another 60 days in my new life chapter on a good AF note.

You've done it so far. You can do it.

Congrats & have some AF fun.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Think i might buckle??

Jane, call in the reinforcements! extra B vitamins, extra L-glutamine and Kudzu and Vit-C. Extra hypno, extra posting......extra extra...read all about it.......

Be strong Jane, you will be so pleased with yourself.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Think i might buckle??

yes Breez, the part about changing out minds and the way we look at celebrating...so important. That's been one of my biggest challenges and it's so true.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Think i might buckle??

Hi Jane.
                60 days....Brilliant!
                I can't add to what's been said except to remind you how proud you are of staying sober for so long.
                Whatever you decide.........enjoy yourself.

Comment

Think i might buckle??

Hi Jane-
                  60 is fantastic - congratulations!!
                  Just remember what the hangover feels like though..... Can you stop after 2? Or do you think you will keep going?
                  Take care either way 60...is so great

Lisa

Comment

Think i might buckle??

I can't think of anything particularly profound, Jane, except I think you will feel so proud if you don't drink and pretty lousy if you do. At least I think that's how I would feel.

I wish you all the best. Everyone here has such good advice!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X