Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kick start

Hi all,

It's been a while but wanted to rejoin the land of the ABers if I can as I've always found this thread one of the most positive and friendly! Have posted in 'General discussion' which gives some of why I haven't been around so won't repeat myself - suffice to say here that whilst I didn't jump off the wagon completely, I've certainly slipped somewhat so will be working to claw my way back on!

It's good to see people doing so well - :goodjob: ! It's also a good reminder of the reality of the situation to see the ups and downs, but wonderful to see the energy and commitment to get right back up and keep going forward! I did have about 3 months AF under my belt and felt great. Over the last few weeks I've had one complete blow-out (which I think stemmed from the fact that I can now no longer hold my liquor so a few wines just sent me right over the edge!). I've also had a number of drinks at odd times, so I suppose drinking moderately and it's been good to realise that I can actually do it. However, the call of the wild is definitely returning and I can hear the excuses mounting, the drinking even though I don't particularly want to, the failing arguments, so it's back to total AF for the time being and see if I can get back that wonderful sense of well-being that comes with sobriety and freedom from alcohol!

So I look forward to catching up with you all again - warmest wishes and :l to all !
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Kick start

Good for you Arial! I know what mean about the excuses building up. I sometimes find it much easier to just not drink. Then thats it...done...no more desicions to make. good luck to you. Even though I miss not drinking...I really do feel better about myself. i felt weak for so long, now i feel strong. Bella xxx

Comment

Kick start

Arial;165980 wrote: I can get back that wonderful sense of well-being that comes with sobriety and freedom from alcohol!

So I look forward to catching up with you all again - warmest wishes and :l to all !
      Arial, that is so cool! It sounds like the test actually might have helped further solidify your resolve and further understand your boundaries with alcohol. I like your attitude and welcome back to abs. You'll be feeling that fabulous freedom again before you know it.

also, I think it's great tat you didn't leave it too loing and that will make it far easier to get back into the rhythm.

*hug*
      Bernie
      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Kick start

Welcome back, Arial! It's good to see you again in our little abs corner of the world!

XOXOX,

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Kick start

Nice to have our Arial back here right on!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Kick start

Hi Arial. I'm new here and I enjoy reading everyone's posts and insights. I don't think moderation is going to be in my future. Can't say for 100% sure, but I can easily see me slipping pretty quickly back into the old ways. OR...like Bella mentioned having to go through more complicated mental gymnastics. I like the notion of simplicity - just being free of the whole thing. Thank you for sharing your experience - looking forward to getting to know you better.

DG
            Day 9 AF * * * * * * * * *
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Kick start

:l Arial~I missed you. So glad to see you bacK here @ Abs.
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Kick start

Hi Arial,
                It's really good to hear from you again.
                I missed you.

Comment

Working...
                X