quick poll... how many AF days today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some inspiration! Day 1 for me today.. boy, I want it this time!
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

I did close to 7 months and then had a three evening slip. Been AF now for 14 days.

You can do this!!! It is tough in the beginning, and I empathize with you. You may feel like you are going out of your skin (esp. if your hubby and daughter are away and you have nothing to really keep you from thinking about it.)

Good for you for dumping out his booze by the way! You are stronger than you give yourself credit for!

Comment

For all those like you Accountable, who do sooo damn well for seven months, please PLEASE never be down on yourself for messing up for those three days. you guys are amazing on here. seven months is amazing. the struggle and the messing up days will always be there for the rest of our lives. we are not God ya know? we mess up. its life. u seem smart so i dont think you would be down on yourself. but this is to everyone on these boards. never be mad or down. it just makes u say, " oh f it, why even try? i might as well just keep drinking."no! be proud!!

Comment

Thanks for your nice compliment. I am not down. I was initially, but hey sh*t happens sometimes and you just have to carry on. One thing that really keeps me away from the alcohol is being able to share with you all, relate to you all and watch my husband at the age of 42 drink like he is 20.

I think one of the biggest problems is our ability to kick ourselves down. A huge part in a life without booze is learning to like/love ourselves.

Keep those positive thoughts flowing and feed yourselves full of 'self worth'. If you want something bad enough keep on trying until you get it!!!

Comment

Hey all,

I am now at day 40. Last summer I did 60 days, then I mostly went after moderation - trying to get at least 25 AF days in per month. Although some months were successful, others not so much .... So, I decided I would tackle another period of AF this summer. Like it so much, I see that I should really be doing the extended version. I have it figured that in the last 14 months, I will have spent at least 8 months (day wise) AF, so that is a HUGE change from when I got here.

Hugs,
          Pansy

Comment

Just want to say how inspired I am by all of you!!! Keep on!!!
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I've titrated down on Topa, and lost control for the past two days. So I will start counting again today, sniff sniff.
              Paddy
              Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

607 days.

Don't quite believe it myself.

They just started piling up, and well, there it is.....

Neil

Comment

128 days AF.

Comment

9 days and counting
                    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

28 days today,

satori
                      xxx
                      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Today is Day 5 for me. And Neil, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! Your 600 day post a few days ago blew me away,man. It truely inspired me. I bow down to you...:goodjob:

Comment

Day TWO for me.. made it through last night, and looking forward to today!
                          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

65 Days
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I'm at Day 4.
                              And what makes me feel good too is that in the past 5 or 6 weeks I've had a total of about 17 AF days. I'm able now to not beat myself up for not sticking with it, and feel good that that's more AF days than I've had in ages, and have confidence that this string of AF days is going to go on and on and on and on...........
                              Hugs,
                              imatree

Comment

Working...
                              X