• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday 19th

WhaaaaaaaaaaWhoooooo!
    I'm first!
    Where's my prize??
    Finally a little cooler here. Only 98 today!
    My grandson has a kick off football game ... so it will be a fun day along with a much needed day of rest!
    I hope you all have a good one.
    Love you all,
    :h Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Sunday 19th

Hi Everyone: I just got off the phone w/my daughter who had a bunch of babysitting set-ups for me. In my drinking days, I would have felt pressured. When am I going to fit my drinking in? Now that I'm 41 days sober, I know I can do it w/relative ease. It will be a pleasure to be w/the 2 little ones. How time expands when you're not drinking! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Sunday 19th

Heya team! Nancy, good to hear some yeeeeehaw in your morning. This thread has been a tad slow lately but the diehards are keeping it together

Mary, that is a wonderful post and am just so glad for you. I know just what you mean about time...my evenings are now so productive it's amazing.

today is my big 60 AF wooo woooo!!

Be well everyone...
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sunday 19th

Congrats Determinator!

Copgrats on 60 Days AF! In the 30 day AF thread, we are giving awards out and having a party every 30 days. So I am proud to present you with::award: :award: Congrats!

The future lies before you like newly fallen snow
        Be carefull how you tread it, for every step will show.
        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Sunday 19th

Nancy, Mary and Deter.....
          WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Love Feet x
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Sunday 19th

Good Job Everyone!!! What a success story for you all...You should be proud! Don

Comment

Sunday 19th

Hi Nancy, Mary, Det, Hannah, FMF and all to come.

Hope you have a lovely time with your grandson, Nancy.

Yes Mary........amazing how being AF suddenly makes us so much more available.........drinking used to swallow up so much of my time. I am so happy to hear the inner-peace you have discovered in a life without alcohol.

60 days Det...........such a commendable achievement!!!!!!

Hannah, glad to see your AF life continues to thrive.

FMF........hope you are well.

Don, you should be rightly proud too.......your total commitment to AF is so refreshing.You chose your username well, for Chiefs do not surrender!!!

As for me............am in total disbelief that I am now a whole 21 days sober.
              I feel like crying tears of joy............I simply never envisaged that I could finally find the strength to wrench myself away from the wine that I so adored.

I no longer merely exist.........I have just began to live........and plan to live life to the hilt from here on in.

Have a superb day, my friends.

All my love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Sunday 19th

Hats off to all of you from a newbie. You give me inspiration. Best wishes!
                Rob2
                Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.--- Dale Carnegie

Comment

Sunday 19th

Rob,
                  It was the inspiration I took from other members that gave me the courage to go AF........was never going to happen had I not joined M.W.O.

All the best to you.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Sunday 19th

Hi everyone!! Glad to hear everyone sounding good today. It's a rainy, lazy Sunday here which is AWESOME. A great day to recharge the batteries. I love not drinking! It's Day 40 here.

Deter CONGRATULATIONS ON DAY 60!!! WHOO HOO!!! Ditto the :award: :award: from Hannah.

Hi to all yet to come! Have a great rest of the AF day all.

DG
                    :award: + * * * * * * * * * *
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Sunday 19th

Great job to all of you. The numbers are piling HIGH here!

The boards have been soooooooo quiet this past week, yesterday I didn't bother logging on. I am addicted to this site and found myself becoming frustrated from the lack of new posts by Friday. :upset: I know, I know.... I need a life, or more of one.

However on that note, I managed to get a membership at our local Rec. Centre for the gym/pool. I went to the gym and had a sauna late yesterday and I am taking my daughter to the Family/Kids Swim this afternoon. (she LOVES the water) We had taken her and our other (his) kids to the Cultus Lake Water Park in the summer a couple of times and she just loved it. I actually had a laugh just now because I was thinking about how easy it is now to pick up and go and just enjoy life. This time last year, no way. Being sober is so wonderful!!!

My dad and his wife also came back from their cross country adventure yesterday morning and stopped in our city on their way back home. They went across Canada in their 5th wheel and came back through the US. We had lunch with them and their stories were fantastic!!! It sounds like they had the time of their life on this adventure. I can't wait to do that someday myself.

You have a great day All!!

Comment

Sunday 19th

right on...we made it to a second page!! things are picking up

just wanted to put in a quick but HUGE congrads to Starlight and Doggygirl...hey DG...life begins at 40

and Welcome to Rob!!

somewhere in the world...someone is in need of garlic....I'm off! (cape flapping in the wind)
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X