IM NOT LIKING DAY FOUR!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's it! I don't like it.. I am not going to drink, but I don't like day four!

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Hey MM.... Day 4 sucks! :anon: BUT it is still :day4: day 4! That's it, too!!! Day 5 comes along and it gets better. You know that. Hang in there and watch it pass. (Typo there said 'piss' not 'pass'!!!!)

Thinking of you.

Love
    Feet x :l
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Thanks, feet.... I'll make it through.... no worries there, just grumpy. I think I will make myself some food and go watch some mindless TV to pass the time...
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hi Mama: I actually found the first 7 days the hardest. I thought about alcohol all the time. I had a lot of cravings. I just toughed it out, & after 7 days it got better. Now that I'm at day 43, I don't get nearly as tempted. Once in a while a fleeting thought might occur to me. However, my life is so much better, that I just can't imagine jeopardizing that. That said: I'm very vigilant about my abstinence...no tastes, no sips, nothing. I look at alcohol like it's poison (for me, it is). By the way, when I had cravings, I did have something to eat...even a few pretzels helped. Good luck, Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Good idea - hope you fnid something good to watch. Me off to watch the inside of my eyelids; half-past-midnight here....
          Here's to day 5 for you!!!
          Feet x

Comment

mm, am hoping and praying that you get your Day 5!!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Made it through day FOUR - Toughed it out... whew!!! I'm off to bed safe and sound (and actually quite content)... nighty night all and thank you for getting me through that one!!

Namaste

xxoxoxoxoxo

MM

Comment

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday for you after you posted this, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You can prevail. The key is taking it one day at a time. "I will not drink alcohol today - no way."

Are you doing the hypnosis CD's? I've not done hypnosis before, but i really like it and I think it helps. Just in case that input helps...

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Congrats MM.

It's hard at the time when you desperately are craving a drink, but the satisfaction you get when you wake up the next day for abstaining is so worth it.

Well done.

Mandy x

Comment

MM, So proud of you for slapping The Beast through Day 4. Welcome to Day 5! Get through today and I promise it starts to get a little easier.. You are through the most intense part.. Good Job, stay strong and focused.. Don

Comment

Hey MM
                      I am on day 5 too - congrats! Baby steps. I am here with you as well. We can and will do this.
                      Hugs
                      Jen
                      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Day 5 is fantastic!

Thank you all for checking in with me.. I'm at the spa.. it's so peaceful. We are booked with people, but everyone seems to be in a great place and just floating around quietly. I do have a great job! I am SO glad to be over day 3 & 4, that is a real motivator to not go back!

Best to you all!!!

MM

Comment

MM, I am soooh pleased for you- :yay:

WELL DONE!!!!

Enjoy the Spa - sounds wonderful....

Love
                          'Finding' x :h (I've gone positive!!! I like feet but I feel a bit 'higher' now!!!)

Comment

Hi Mama
                            I assume you are, like me, on Day 6....how is it going?? I am finding it actually quite tolerable. Drinking lots of coffee though...keeping busy and REALLY not wanting to go back, I think, is the key...
                            Hope you are well
                            Hugs
                            jen
                            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

MM & Inner, Hope all is well on Day 6... you guys are doing great!! Stay focused and get used to that AF feeling... We 're all with you..Don

Comment

Working...
                              X